Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Recruiting and Beyond

Started by ucahogfan, July 17, 2016, 04:16:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ucahogfan

Currently the #18 player in the 2020 class which is similar to what Turney was in his class last year and we all know the hopes we have for Turney during his Arkansas career.  Jheremy Brown, who is one of the main guys at PG for college recruiting, says he is a potential 2 way player as he also throws in the upper 80s, but the bat is what will carry him IMO.

Scott7703

Quote from: ucahogfan on October 11, 2017, 08:51:27 pm
For sure.  He is one of the best hitters to come out of the state in a long time.  Hopefully he makes it to campus.

Best high school hitter I've ever seen in person.

PintailKiller

I see that Evan Hiatt is back on the market after he and the Hogs parted ways.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Kevin

is there a list to who signed yesterday
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

JHicks3636

bulldog04

navyhog24

PorkRyan

2019 Razorback commit Cason Tollett was named MVP of the PG MLK West underclass.  Sticks baseball won the event with I think 6 Arkansas commits.  The future is bright.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ucahogfan

Quote from: bulldog04 on December 01, 2017, 08:37:34 pm
https://twitter.com/perfectgameusa/status/936747935588601856

Don't like the chances of getting Josh Breaux
It really depends.  Seems like scouts like him more as a RHP right now as he can hit 97; however, he could be a two way player at Arkansas much like Evan Lee and Bryce Bonnin could be this year.

TebowHater

Josh Phillips - 2021 3B/RHP - commits.

https://twitter.com/Phillips_Josh14/status/955086716922101763

Josh Phillips, 3B, Bridgeland HS, 2021
Phillips is only a rising freshman but has an imposing 6-foot-2, 205-pound, strong frame. The left-handed hitter has pop in his bat with natural lift as he registered an exit velo of 86 mph. He starts from an athletic, slightly open stance with positive downward tilt in his shoulders. Smooth load with rhythm as he triggers his hands back with a leg-kick. Barrel gets on plane early as he drops the head in the zone with a strong top hand punch and high finish through contact. Solid power from the middle-to-pull side. Attacks the inside of the ball with good barrel awareness. Very projectable left-handed bat. On the infield, Phillips has average hands and feet for his class. Arm works well from a long, high-¾ slot at 79 mph across the diamond.

ricepig

Zane Ryan Neves (P) of Jonesboro commits today.

https://twitter.com/ZaneNeves/status/955154713426743296

Extremely excited to announce that I will be furthering my education and baseball career at the University of Arkansas #WPS 🐗⚾️ @AR_Sticks @PBR_Arkansas @Brewsterc29 @PerfectGameUSA @JBrownPG @WestCoastWoj_PG https://t.co/fbBZ1Ca9yJ

ucahogfan

Josh Breaux, a signee who plays at a JUCO in Texas, was 95-98 on the mound this week and hit 100.  Would think it is unlikely that he makes it to campus; however, he is also a legit catching prospect and we could sell him on being Koch's replacement.  Played on the Cape last summer.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ucahogfan on February 11, 2018, 01:11:05 pm
Josh Breaux, a signee who plays at a JUCO in Texas, was 95-98 on the mound this week and hit 100.  Would think it is unlikely that he makes it to campus; however, he is also a legit catching prospect and we could sell him on being Koch's replacement.  Played on the Cape last summer.

Possibly Opitz replacement but I doubt we get him to the hill.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ucahogfan

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 17, 2018, 02:48:40 pm
Possibly Opitz replacement but I doubt we get him to the hill.
Where is Opitz going?

Grizzlyfan

UCAHog do you have any thoughts on 2019 class center fielder from Van Buren named Landry Wilkerson?

navyhog24

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 17, 2018, 06:38:07 pm
Where is Opitz going?

I don't know why he would leave when he would be the starter next year. Josh Breaux will be drafted in th first 3 rounds.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 17, 2018, 06:38:07 pm
Where is Opitz going?

That is what I am saying, the kid coming in wouldn't replace Koch.  He would wait his turn behind Opitz and replace him (If he even decides to come here and play catcher that is.)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

ucahogfan

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 18, 2018, 09:29:56 am
That is what I am saying, the kid coming in wouldn't replace Koch.  He would wait his turn behind Opitz and replace him (If he even decides to come here and play catcher that is.)

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Breaux is a JUCO transfer and will be a junior while Opitz would be a sophomore.  Breaux is actually higher rated on draft boards than Koch.  Opitz is probably the better defender, but Breaux has some big time raw power and actually performed decently on the Cape last summer.

ucahogfan

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 18, 2018, 09:20:52 am
I don't know why he would leave when he would be the starter next year. Josh Breaux will be drafted in th first 3 rounds.
Without knowing how signable a player is, it can't be guaranteed what round he will be drafted in unless it is a college junior / senior.  Bonnin was going to be a 2nd round pick except he wanted big time money.  He could want to a 2 way player at Arkansas.

ucahogfan

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on May 18, 2018, 08:59:45 am
UCAHog do you have any thoughts on 2019 class center fielder from Van Buren named Landry Wilkerson?
Never heard of him so not really. 

PorkRyan

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on May 18, 2018, 08:59:45 am

Landry can hit.  It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up a Hog.

hogwild04

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 18, 2018, 05:38:26 pm
Without knowing how signable a player is, it can't be guaranteed what round he will be drafted in unless it is a college junior / senior.  Bonnin was going to be a 2nd round pick except he wanted big time money.  He could want to a 2 way player at Arkansas.

Bonnin has had limited opportunities since arriving, even though if he does stays at Arkansas he will be the Friday or Saturday guy next year, big time prospects could see this as a negative due to the fact they want to be the guy now or go pro.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 18, 2018, 05:40:03 pm
Never heard of him so not really.
That's interesting.  I'm not sure I should be surprised by that or not.  I understand that teams like Arkansas tend to get loaded up early with commitments from the "phenoms" as sophomores or even freshmen.  It seems to leave little room for players that develop through their high school career.  I would say that Wilkerson is probably the best player on one of the 7A semifinal teams and plays for the Sticks organization.  So it's not as though he should be flying completely under the radar.

Amityvillehogger

Any of these incoming freshman have the potential to make an impact next year ?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ucahogfan

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on May 27, 2018, 04:14:01 pm
Any of these incoming freshman have the potential to make an impact next year ?
The two OFs - Lifrieri and Franklin - could compete for starting time.  Lifrieri could also be an INF if need be.  Breaux would be a huge get to campus.  Could be a two way player for us as a power hitting catcher and a RHP who throws 95-100.

The two arms I think could compete for immediate playing time and are playing against collegiate athletes this summer in Cali with the PUF Caps are Patrick Wicklander and Wade Beasley.

hillbilly

Pretty sure that Noland has a much better chance than Beasley to make an immediate impact.

bulldog04

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2018, 04:28:52 pm
The two OFs - Lifrieri and Franklin - could compete for starting time.  Lifrieri could also be an INF if need be.  Breaux would be a huge get to campus.  Could be a two way player for us as a power hitting catcher and a RHP who throws 95-100.

The two arms I think could compete for immediate playing time and are playing against collegiate athletes this summer in Cali with the PUF Caps are Patrick Wicklander and Wade Beasley.
Who will Replace Fletcher next year?

ucahogfan

Quote from: bulldog04 on May 27, 2018, 09:24:06 pm
Who will Replace Fletcher next year?
Do you mean 2020?  Fletcher will be back in 2019.  If so, probably Franklin. Profiles more as a CF with elite speed.  Although, Fletcher has shown us elite speed isn't a requirement.

bulldog04

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 27, 2018, 09:35:49 pm
Do you mean 2020?  Fletcher will be back in 2019.  If so, probably Franklin. Profiles more as a CF with elite speed.  Although, Fletcher has shown us elite speed isn't a requirement.
Yeah I meant after next year.  HK seems athletic enough and PG says so but he doesn't seem sound enough or get good jumps like you would want in CF IMO.

dirtdobber

I've talked with several people who have said that Goodheart was a better hitter last year than Martin in high school.  If somehow Murphy and Campbell were to comeback, look out!

Knot2brite

Quote from: dirtdobber on May 28, 2018, 01:27:08 pm
I've talked with several people who have said that Goodheart was a better hitter last year than Martin in high school.  If somehow Murphy and Campbell were to comeback, look out!
Eh....I saw both a couple times and I will say that Goodheart makes really good contact but has no where near the pop or solid contact Martin has....Goodheart May develop some more pop and he makes really good contact but Martin is ahead of him
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

dirtdobber

I just hope Goodheart and Breaux come to Fayetteville.  Goodheart went 2-4 with a three run homer their first game of the JUCO WS the other day.

Razrpig256

Other than Breaux, what other names should we keep an eye on that we are at risk of losing to the draft?

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Knot2brite on May 28, 2018, 07:28:00 pm
Eh....I saw both a couple times and I will say that Goodheart makes really good contact but has no where near the pop or solid contact Martin has....Goodheart May develop some more pop and he makes really good contact but Martin is ahead of him

It's my understanding that the hog coaches like that his power numbers have gone up in Juco.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Knot2brite

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on May 29, 2018, 07:49:26 am
It's my understanding that the hog coaches like that his power numbers have gone up in Juco.
They have...he has hit the weights and improved his overall strength ....he was overlooked by a lot of teams because of this when he was in high school....he has matured physically tremendously in one year...but a lot of players do after a year or two away from high school
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Bruinstyle2001

I am looking to find a listing of 2019 recruits prior to the draft starting on Monday.  Each year I try to track and make a running list of our current players and recruits that are draft by round, by pick, by team, and by Arkansas affiliation (recruit vs. player).  Could someone point me in the right direction?

ricepig

I guess they aren't bound by anything, I saw where Mays-Hunt announced today that he was going to ASU.

Bruinstyle2001

May 30, 2018, 01:22:19 pm #188 Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 01:50:42 pm by Bruinstyle2001

NamePositionB/THeightWeightHometownPrevious School
Wade BeasleyRHPR/R6 ft. 3 in.210Horatio, Ark.Horatio HS
Josh BreauxCR/R6 ft. 2 in.215Tomball, TexasMcLennan C.C./Tomball HS
Jacob BurtonRHPR/R6 ft. 0 in.175Diana, TexasNew Diana HS
Caleb DennyINFL/R6 ft. 1 in.175Owasso, Okla.Owasso HS
Christian FranklinOFR/R5 ft. 11 in.180Kansas City, Mo.Rockhurst HS
Zack GregorySSL/R5 ft. 8 in.145Fort Worth, TexasTimber Creek HS
Allante' HallCR/R6 ft. 0 in.183Blue Springs, Mo.Blue Springs South HS
Liam HenryLHPL/L6 ft. 2 in.175Kansas City, Mo.Park Hill HS
Travis HesterRHPR/R6 ft. 2 in.190College Station, TexasCollege Station HS
Tyler IsenbergRHPR/R5 ft. 10 in.170Orange Park, Fla.Trinity Christian Academy
Tyler JohnsonINFL/L6 ft. 2 in.200Bentonville, Ark.Bentonville HS
Dillon LifrieriOFR/R6 ft. 1 in.190Wilton, Conn.Wilton HS
Kam'ron Mays-HuntRHPR/R6 ft. 1 in.185Bentonville, Ark.Bentonville HS
Connor McCulloughRHPR/R6 ft. 1 in.170Maumelle, Ark.Maumelle HS
Caden MonkeLHPL/L6 ft. 3 in.165Mt. Olive, Ill.Mt. Olive HS
Steven SanchezLHPL/L6 ft. 7 in.230Mundelein, Ill.Mundelein HS
Evan TaylorLHPL/L6 ft. 4 in.220Florence, Ala.Florence HS
Elijah TrestRHP/OFL/R6 ft. 3 in.210White Oak, TexasWhite Oak HS
Patrick WicklanderLHPR/L6 ft. 3 in.185San Jose, Calif.Valley Christian Schools
Jacob WilkINFR/R6 ft. 4 in.203Harker Heights, TexasSalado HS

Found a listing as of November 2017.

ricepig

Quote from: Bruinstyle2001 on May 30, 2018, 01:22:19 pm

NamePositionB/THeightWeightHometownPrevious School
Wade Beasley   RHP   R/R   3-Jun   210   Horatio, Ark.   Horatio HS
Josh Breaux   C   R/R   2-Jun   215   Tomball, Texas   McLennan C.C./Tomball HS
Jacob Burton   RHP   R/R   Jun-00   175   Diana, Texas   New Diana HS
Caleb Denny   INF   L/R   1-Jun   175   Owasso, Okla.   Owasso HS
Christian Franklin   OF   R/R   11-May   180   Kansas City, Mo.   Rockhurst HS
Zack Gregory   SS   L/R   8-May   145   Fort Worth, Texas   Timber Creek HS
Allante' Hall   C   R/R   Jun-00   183   Blue Springs, Mo.   Blue Springs South HS
Liam Henry   LHP   L/L   2-Jun   175   Kansas City, Mo.   Park Hill HS
Travis Hester   RHP   R/R   2-Jun   190   College Station, Texas   College Station HS
Tyler Isenberg   RHP   R/R   10-May   170   Orange Park, Fla.   Trinity Christian Academy
Tyler Johnson   INF   L/L   2-Jun   200   Bentonville, Ark.   Bentonville HS
Dillon Lifrieri   OF   R/R   1-Jun   190   Wilton, Conn.   Wilton HS
Kam'ron Mays-Hunt   RHP   R/R   1-Jun   185   Bentonville, Ark.   Bentonville HS
Connor McCullough   RHP   R/R   1-Jun   170   Maumelle, Ark.   Maumelle HS
Caden Monke   LHP   L/L   3-Jun   165   Mt. Olive, Ill.   Mt. Olive HS
Steven Sanchez   LHP   L/L   7-Jun   230   Mundelein, Ill.   Mundelein HS
Evan Taylor   LHP   L/L   4-Jun   220   Florence, Ala.   Florence HS
Elijah Trest   RHP/OF   L/R   3-Jun   210   White Oak, Texas   White Oak HS
Patrick Wicklander   LHP   R/L   3-Jun   185   San Jose, Calif.   Valley Christian Schools
Jacob Wilk   INF   R/R   4-Jun   203   Harker Heights, Texas   Salado HS

Found a listing as of November 2017.

Mays-Hunt tweeted today that he was going to play at ASU.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: ricepig on May 30, 2018, 01:29:14 pm

Might have been encouraged. Considering he was kicked off his HS team mid year.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PintailKiller

Quote from: ricepig on May 30, 2018, 01:10:48 pm
I guess they aren't bound by anything, I saw where Mays-Hunt announced today that he was going to ASU.
He was released by Arkansas.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Bruinstyle2001

Quote from: ricepig on May 30, 2018, 01:29:14 pm

I will scratch him off the list then.

fullfan

Anyone know if there has been any interest from the Hogs in Peyton Holt from Greenwood?  Probably 2nd base at the next level but kid hit over .500 this year with lots of extra base hits/hrs.   I think he is currently a Lousianna-Lafayette  commit.  2019 class.

Kevin

is the denny kid any relation to the catcher we signed a few years ago
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

pigroots

Arkansas state has a baseball team?

SSFrazorback

Tick Hog

This is the first year that I've followed the baseball team from start to finish but now I'm addicted. I have found that it's a bit more difficult to find information on recruiting and such outside of this forum ( best on hogville btw ) compared to other sports. I have poked around a little but wonder if someone could give some tips, best sites ect for someone who wanted to follow more closely. It's definitely a different animal when you throw in the draft, attrition, and other factors but it's right up my alley. Thanks

Razrpig256

Quote from: Tick Hog on May 30, 2018, 10:48:58 pm
This is the first year that I've followed the baseball team from start to finish but now I'm addicted. I have found that it's a bit more difficult to find information on recruiting and such outside of this forum ( best on hogville btw ) compared to other sports. I have poked around a little but wonder if someone could give some tips, best sites ect for someone who wanted to follow more closely. It's definitely a different animal when you throw in the draft, attrition, and other factors but it's right up my alley. Thanks

This is probably the best place to keep up with Arkansas baseball recruiting closely. There used to be another good site for Arkansas baseball history, stats, recruiting, etc. but I believe it was shut down. Matt Jones and Dudley Dawson with the Democrat Gazette (wholehogsports.com) will also have stories about baseball recruiting, commits, and the draft occasionally. From a national perspective, Baseball America and Perfect Game cover high school baseball a fair amount but they require a subscription for most things I believe. Anyone who follows it closer than I do, feel free to add to this.