Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have one in our back yard......GB!

Started by chiti66, October 06, 2017, 01:10:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jst01

PorkRinds

ricepig

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

RazorPiggie

jcbville

GB is a talented athlete. Thats not in doubt. But no coaching staff is currently sold on the idea that he will be this amazing dual threat QB at the college level. Only certain Arkansas fans are sold on that. Which is the very reason his future is still in doubt. He wants to play QB but nobody is jumping to make that promise yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jcbville on October 06, 2017, 01:40:20 pm
GB is a talented athlete. Thats not in doubt. But no coaching staff is currently sold on the idea that he will be this amazing dual threat QB at the college level. Only certain Arkansas fans are sold on that. Which is the very reason his future is still in doubt. He wants to play QB but nobody is jumping to make that promise yet.
Bingo, there in lies a HUGE difference.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 06, 2017, 01:20:45 pm
Time will tell

Well, if you compare the work to date then why is that not good enough?  Do college coaches have anything else to go off of?

Razorbackers

The_Iceman

Connor Noland is a better overall QB than Bohanon. In fact, Noland is no slouch with his legs either. Could be a special one for us someday.
http://www.hudl.com/v/27xFhL

Even Daulton Hyatt, the 6'4" true freshman we have, is no slouch running.

We don't need a running QB, we need a pocket passer with enough speed to scramble away from pressure and maybe pick up a first down with his legs. Doesn't have to run for 100 yards a game or break off big runs.

sickboy

We have a consensus 5*, #1 nationally ranked recruit in our back yard?

PorkRinds

Quote from: sickboy on October 06, 2017, 01:59:42 pm

No. He's setting up his argument for when Bohanon goes to a spread school how it's the greatest failure of CBb's tenure...etc.

ricepig

Yes, but he is only 3 years old.....

Piggfoot

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 06, 2017, 01:46:20 pm
Connor Noland is a better overall QB than Bohanon. In fact, Noland is no slouch with his legs either. Could be a special one for us someday.

We don't need a running QB, we need a pocket passer with enough speed to scramble away from pressure and maybe pick up a first down with his legs. Doesn't have to run for 100 yards a game or break off big runs.
Noland's Hudl looks really good.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

RME

jst01

watching that highlight video, I'm not sure if Greenwood's O-line is just amazing, or those high school D-lines are awful.

Razorbackers

RME

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 06, 2017, 02:38:14 pm
You mean AD Bazzel?

You're correct, my bad --- didn't mean to pull rank on him.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on October 06, 2017, 02:01:26 pm

We dont care about your great grandkid oldman  ;D

PowderedToastMan

Has Bielema offered him yet? Has he been on an unofficial visit?
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 06, 2017, 01:42:16 pm
Well, if you compare the work to date then why is that not good enough?  Do college coaches have anything else to go off of?

Because the kid in Ga is playing against real HS teams and Bohanon is playing against, well................
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 06, 2017, 02:43:06 pm
We dont care about your great grandkid oldman  ;D
Oh, he's no kin to me, I just saw him at a tailgate last weekend, he's the real deal!

ricepig

Quote from: PowderedToastMan on October 06, 2017, 02:45:51 pm

He was at a tailgate last weekend, pretty sure they had him up for the game.

FineAsSwine

Is he off the bottle yet? You know how Dickson Street is. Pretty easy for a kid to fall off the wagon.
Hogs up! Covid down!

ballz2thewall

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 06, 2017, 01:46:20 pm

screw that. we need a dude that'll scat. we'll never have the OL to go with a pocket watch.
The rest of the frog.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jst01 on October 06, 2017, 02:33:16 pm
watching that highlight video, I'm not sure if Greenwood's O-line is just amazing, or those high school D-lines are awful.

Probably a little of both. Noland is a good athlete overall. Noland will be competing for a starting spot by his redshirt junior year.

I think Cole Kelley will be the starter next year (redshirt soph) until he leaves. His ability to power run from the shotgun really opens things up for us on the goal line.

The spread is the best offense in goal line situations, but you need a mobile QB. Spread the defense out, have a QB that is some sort of thread to run (either power like Cole, or off the edge like Noland), and put a quick WR in motion to hold the edge. Plus your passing reads. Hard to defend.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ballz2thewall on October 06, 2017, 03:49:37 pm
screw that. we need a dude that'll scat. we'll never have the OL to go with a pocket watch.
And what exactly does an OL have to do with "going with a pocket watch"? ;) :)

ricepig

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 06, 2017, 03:44:11 pm
Is he off the bottle yet? You know how Dickson Street is. Pretty easy for a kid to fall off the wagon.

Dude had a bottle in one hand and was slinging 30ft passes with no trouble, he looked very elusive as his mom couldn't corral him.....

jgphillips3

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 06, 2017, 02:29:28 pm
Bazzel's son is only 3?

Well, we should have a bumper crop of McFadden prodigy in the next 4-10 years.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ricepig on October 06, 2017, 03:53:38 pm
Dude had a bottle in one hand and was slinging 30ft passes with no trouble, he looked very elusive as his mom couldn't corral him.....

QB of the future right there. Don't be surprised if a shiny, brand new RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle bike is parked outside with a bow on it one morning. Gotta get 'em sewed up before BAMA gets on the trail.
Hogs up! Covid down!

factchecker

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 06, 2017, 04:12:02 pm
QB of the future right there. Don't be surprised if a shiny, brand new RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle bike is parked outside with a bow on it one morning. Gotta get 'em sewed up before BAMA gets on the trail.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PonderinHog

Quote from: PowderedToastMan on October 06, 2017, 02:45:51 pm
Yeah, he was so impressed he pissed his pants.

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 06, 2017, 04:17:45 pm
If this is what BAMA is offering, we've lost already. I'm calling the FBI.
Won't matter. Don't you know the FBI would just tell you that this is an "Alabama exclusive" recruiting benefit. After all, Nick can do no wrong; what he says goes....for all of college football.

SPAL

Yes. His name is butch Rustain.

Piggfoot

I'll reserve accolades for any Arkansas HS player mentioned by HV posters until he's earned a starting spot on the Hog's roster.
HV posters are notoriously over optimistic about their favorite HS players.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

HighcountryHog

Headed to the game at Harrison High now to watch this kid play.  No way Arkansas has any recruits at this kid's level.
no bumps, no fat chicks

Hog N Bama

Quote from: FineAsSwine on October 06, 2017, 04:17:45 pm
If this is what BAMA is offering, we've lost already. I'm calling the FBI.
Upgraded from Challengers?

longpig

Quote from: HighcountryHog on October 06, 2017, 06:04:08 pm
Headed to the game at Harrison High now to watch this kid play.  No way Arkansas has any recruits at this kid's level.

Bohanon plays for Vilonia?
Don't be scared, be smart.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: longpig on October 06, 2017, 06:32:53 pm
Heck, apparently he's so good he can play for a couple teams at the same time.  :o

HighcountryHog

Quote from: longpig on October 06, 2017, 06:32:53 pm

Harrison High School in Kennesaw, GA.  Talkin about Justin Fields.
no bumps, no fat chicks

JIHawg

Quote from: HighcountryHog on October 06, 2017, 06:39:08 pm
Harrison High School in Kennesaw, GA.  Talkin about Justin Fields.

Offer him some money to come to Arkansas while you're there.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

PonderinHog

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%