Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pettway visiting or not

Started by hogfan71, January 30, 2015, 07:28:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan71

Is Pettway visiting this weekend and if not do we have anything to worry about on signing day with him not signing with us?

Oklahawg

Playing hoops. He'll visit after signing day.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogfan71

Thanks. Does he still plan to sign on signing day or wait until after his visit?

RussVegas Hawg

Coach B was checking in on Pettway tonight!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

MissippHog

Atta boy coach.  Since he can't come visit me.....I'll go visit him.

Hog are ya

Looks like their calling the hogs in that pic?!  Can anyone confirm, and if so, was it a good one.....

Uncommon

They were Calling the Hogs.  That "Club" area looks pretty legit for a smaller school in Arkansas.

MissippHog

Curious to know, how many high school games across Arkansas call the Hogs?  Or is this more of an occurance when Coach shows up?

Uncommon

Quote from: MissippHog on January 30, 2015, 11:50:00 pm
Curious to know, how many high school games across Arkansas call the Hogs?  Or is this more of an occurance when Coach shows up?
The latter

hoglady

Quote from: MissippHog on January 30, 2015, 11:50:00 pm

I've never been to a high school game where they Call the Hogs.
I'm sure it was because Coach B was there.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on January 31, 2015, 01:49:43 am

For some reason, our student section at Jonesboro has been calling them at games, I think it's because a lot of them are attending next year.

texas tush hog

We did it every game in Texarkana. LOL

TX HOG

I've never lived in arkansas. Is calling the hogs actually common at random min razorback events??

East TN HAWG

Quote from: TX HOG on January 31, 2015, 11:26:01 am
I've never lived in arkansas. Is calling the hogs actually common at random min razorback events??

I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

TX HOG

Meant to say random non razorback events

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2015, 09:06:40 am
For some reason, our student section at Jonesboro has been calling them at games, I think it's because a lot of them are attending next year.

Those are some tFlagshippers right there!  well done kiddos, but  drop the damn howl in the woo please.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

rpmflash

Yeah, pretty common.

http://youtu.be/RWn1mf92FVg

onebadrubi

It's very common when an athlete is playing that is committed to the Hogs. 

hoglady

Well - I do know that when a group of us go to New Orleans for the weekend. After a few on Bourbon St. - we are usually Calling the Hogs for no particular reason.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

lechon

We do in church every sunday
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

BornaHog

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

I've called the hogs in a restaurant in Savanna Ga. with a group of WWII vets when ask to.   WPS    :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:   GHG
Born a HOG and will die a HOG, but that's not the only way to become a HOG

Steef

I was on a tour bus in Alaska. We made a stop at a particular scenic place in the road and the driver...a 20'ish young lady...asked, "Does anybody want to call the Hogs!?"

You don't have to ask ME twice!

My daughters cringed, knowing what was coming.

The rest of the bus were like tennis fans, with necks snapping between me...and the driver (who was now calling 'em with me)...and back.

Turns out, she graduated the year before and took a touring gig in Alaska before chasing her career.

LAHogfan123

Quote from: steefhog on January 31, 2015, 04:39:17 pm
I was on a tour bus in Alaska. We made a stop at a particular scenic place in the road and the driver...a 20'ish young lady...asked, "Does anybody want to call the Hogs!?"

You don't have to ask ME twice!

My daughters cringed, knowing what was coming.

The rest of the bus were like tennis fans, with necks snapping between me...and the driver (who was now calling 'em with me)...and back.

Turns out, she graduated the year before and took a touring gig in Alaska before chasing her career.

That's one hell of a cool story man!  +1

JaketheSnake

B Ray

I was in the Bahamas in the late 90s , looked across the bar seen a guy wearing a Corliss Williamson basketball jersey , so I bought him a drink , from one HOG fan to another is what the bartender told him . So, he comes over and is actually from the Bahamas and had a very distinctive accent , he thanked me for the drink , but wanted to ask me for a favor , I said what was it , he said he loves the HOGS and has never called the HOGS the right way , can you help me , I said most definitely , after calling the HOGS , he was a friend of the bar owner and I can say that the drinks just kept coming !!!

fullfan

Would like to hear from RD on how solid he feels the Pettway commitment is?

mhuff

Quote from: B Ray on February 01, 2015, 11:16:24 am
I was in the Bahamas in the late 90s , looked across the bar seen a guy wearing a Corliss Williamson basketball jersey , so I bought him a drink , from one HOG fan to another is what the bartender told him . So, he comes over and is actually from the Bahamas and had a very distinctive accent , he thanked me for the drink , but wanted to ask me for a favor , I said what was it , he said he loves the HOGS and has never called the HOGS the right way , can you help me , I said most definitely , after calling the HOGS , he was a friend of the bar owner and I can say that the drinks just kept coming !!!

Good ambassador

mhuff

Quote from: JaketheSnake on February 01, 2015, 11:09:48 am
Done it at a couple weddings!

Did it at the OM/ LSU game last year..... Really had people cornfused.  ;) ;D

Tusks

Quote from: fullfan on February 01, 2015, 08:28:43 pm
Would like to hear from RD on how solid he feels the Pettway commitment is?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

oldfart

called the Hogs on Red Square in the middle of the Cold War

fullfan

Quote from: oldfart on February 01, 2015, 09:20:54 pm
Was Pettway visiting Red Square with you?  Is he still firm to the Hogs?

Am I the only one that thinks calling the hogs is overrated? Does nothing for me, and goes on forever.

yraciv

I've seen it at high school games across the state. Usually when a Hog commit or recruit is involved.

redeye

Quote from: B Ray on February 01, 2015, 11:16:24 am

That's awesome   ;D

Huckleberry Pig

All these stories just remind me of how much I love being a part of the Hog family.  Woo Pig Sooie  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

duckman

Quote from: Karma on February 01, 2015, 11:38:45 pm
Am I the only one that thinks calling the hogs is overrated? Does nothing for me, and goes on forever.

Yes, go sing Rocky Top or something.....

deedster84

Quote from: oldfart on February 01, 2015, 09:20:54 pm

I actually did it at OP India on the old East/West German border. A few times.

Steef

Yes.

You are the only one who thinks that.

It's telling, that you would have to ask.

pigelow

when i was in the navy, me and one of my shipmates who was also from arkansas. would call the hogs in every port that we hit around the world...

Chief Mac

not sure if trolling or if you're clueless
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I went to a HS game in Texarkana and those idiots called the hogs all night long..!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hawginbigd1

Not sure if you are screwing with us or not here, only one of the greatest traditions in college athletics. I have called the Hogs in Saudi during desert storm before and during tournament games in 91, talk about goose bumps! However it was not all sunshine and daffodils we were embedded with a unit from Kansas :puke:

Pork Twain

Yes
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Ok. Been a fan for 50 years, graduated from there, etc. don't care for the hog call.

Jamie Jones

This has either got to be a joke or you are a troll of the highest order! Calling the Hogs was voted, on College Sports Nation XM 91, as the number 1 tradition in all of college sports! They poll every year now, but the Hog Call was the winner of the first ever poll! Beating the likes of burning couches at West Virginia, Howard's Rock at Clemson, Army vs Navy, Sooner Schooner, Bevo, A&M Yell Leaders AND 12Th Man, script Ohio,  just to name a few.
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

yraciv

The guy's user name is Karma. Do we even have to ask if he is trolling?

I think the a&m yell leaders are bad too.

ifghog

Quote from: Karma on February 03, 2015, 07:57:25 am
Ok. Been a fan for 50 years, graduated from there, etc. don't care for the hog call.
OMG dude.....

WooPig90

Cool story bro

Steef

And you're entitled to that opinion.

But you ASKED...if anyone shared that opinion. And you were pretty emphatically answered, that you a minority of one.