Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jalen Hudson to annouce on Friday (Basketball)

Started by -Blu, October 01, 2013, 10:53:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: jry04 on October 04, 2013, 07:19:32 pm
Committed to VT. Unfortunate. Looked like a solid player.

Guess he reached his goal for twitter followers sooner than he expected.
Well he announced around 7pm, that was one helluva long conversation I guess.

jry04

Quote from: BBsTheMan on October 04, 2013, 07:46:25 pm
Well he announced around 7pm, that was one helluva long conversation I guess.
Not going to do this all night with you. I was providing another reason it could be taking a while. Never said my reason was the only possible one, just that yours was likely wrong.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: jry04 on October 04, 2013, 07:58:34 pm
Not going to do this all night with you. I was providing another reason it could be taking a while. Never said my reason was the only possible one, just that yours was likely wrong.
That he was holding out to get as many followers as possible? I'd love to know what shows that to be wrong?

Speedracer

That's not a good sign if our basketball program is hanging on tight for a 3* prospect that is down to us and Va Tech.  Guy has 20 offers but they're freaking Dayton, George Mason, etc.  My lord basketball is in trouble
Like smites bother me.

-Blu

Quote from: Speedracer on October 04, 2013, 08:33:04 pm
That's not a good sign if our basketball program is hanging on tight for a 3* prospect that is down to us and Va Tech.  Guy has 20 offers but they're freaking Dayton, George Mason, etc.  My lord basketball is in trouble

So, our basketball program is in trouble because we lost a 3* guard?  Overreact much?  We've already signed 2 four star guards for the same class, I think most people that keep up with basketball recruiting know this isn't a big loss, but would have been a nice addition. We can easily get another guard the caliber or better than Hudson.  I'm pretty sure we're looking at a JUCO kid in Carlos Morris who has the exact same rating as Hudson, and even if we don't get him this staff is notorious for finding late bloomers in the late signing period (See Coty Clarke and Michael Qualls).  And worse case scenario if we hold the scholarship for 2015, we're in the mix for some very good guards, Kevaughn Allen, Jimmy Whitt, Nych Smith, KJ Hill etc.  We'll have more than enough without Hudson in 2014 to put a quality team on the floor.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The_Bionic_Pig

I'm hoping we can now focus on 2015 SG's - King McClure, Jimmy Whitt & KeVaughn Allen and hopefully bat 2 of 3.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on October 05, 2013, 09:30:29 am
I'm hoping we can now focus on 2015 SG's - King McClure, Jimmy Whitt & KeVaughn Allen and hopefully bat 2 of 3.
Tereke Eckwood out of Springdale could enter the mix.

Speedracer

Quote from: -Blu on October 04, 2013, 10:58:34 pm
So, our basketball program is in trouble because we lost a 3* guard?  Overreact much?  We've already signed 2 four star guards for the same class, I think most people that keep up with basketball recruiting know this isn't a big loss, but would have been a nice addition. We can easily get another guard the caliber or better than Hudson.  I'm pretty sure we're looking at a JUCO kid in Carlos Morris who has the exact same rating as Hudson, and even if we don't get him this staff is notorious for finding late bloomers in the late signing period (See Coty Clarke and Michael Qualls).  And worse case scenario if we hold the scholarship for 2015, we're in the mix for some very good guards, Kevaughn Allen, Jimmy Whitt, Nych Smith, KJ Hill etc.  We'll have more than enough without Hudson in 2014 to put a quality team on the floor.

*sigh* no.  I said the kid is a 3* prospect and if our staff is worried about losing him, then we are in trouble.  Who cares he went to Va Tech is the point I'm making.  And who are the pair of 4* commits that we signed because I havent seen anybody listing them as such.
Like smites bother me.

-Blu

Quote from: Speedracer on October 05, 2013, 11:46:59 am
*sigh* no.  I said the kid is a 3* prospect and if our staff is worried about losing him, then we are in trouble.  Who cares he went to Va Tech is the point I'm making.  And who are the pair of 4* commits that we signed because I havent seen anybody listing them as such.

Nick Babb and Trey Thompson were 4 stars a month ago on ESPN, I guess they did a re-evaluation on them. 

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/8

sunalmighty79

Why is everyone bugging out over this Hudson kid? Is supposed to be THAT good? I heard someone say he is a Rickey Scott player. If so, _____________. Fill in the blank

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on October 05, 2013, 11:58:52 am
Nick Babb and Trey Thompson were 4 stars a month ago on ESPN, I guess they did a re-evaluation on them. 

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/8

I believe it was just Beard and Thompson that were 4 stars on ESPN.

poloprince

He told the staff on Wednesday he was a  :razorback: and was going announce Fri, he changed his mind in the 23rd hour.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Breems

Quote from: Speedracer on October 04, 2013, 08:33:04 pm

LoL.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 06, 2013, 08:06:58 am
I believe it was just Beard and Thompson that were 4 stars on ESPN.

Babb was a 4 star as well on ESPN.  I remember because right after he committed we were like the #9 rated class, and both Thompson and Beard were in the top 100. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on October 06, 2013, 01:14:50 pm
Babb was a 4 star as well on ESPN.  I remember because right after he committed we were like the #9 rated class, and both Thompson and Beard were in the top 100.

That's right. He was a 4 star but just Beard and Thompson were in the top 100. That's what I was thinking of.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: poloprince on October 06, 2013, 08:33:11 am
He told the staff on Wednesday he was a  :razorback: and was going announce Fri, he changed his mind in the 23rd hour.
Link?