Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next b-ball star...

Started by SiriusHog™, March 28, 2006, 08:59:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SiriusHog™

who do you guys think(other than brewer if he stays) will be the star of the b-ball team next year... will it be townes.. maybe Weems.. maybe thomas... just curious..

HoopS

spe450

agree about Thomas, maybe Hill will step up on offense

HoopS

I will go a step further, this time next year it will Charlea we are talking about "will he go or stay".

Call it a gut feeling.

HoopS

UnionChristian#3

Sean McCurdy, but not as a scorer, but a team leader. Also, id say Thomas, but the sleeper is Townes if he becomes dedicated, because he is a much better pure lowpost scorer than thomas. Townes fell in love with the fall away, it seemed he didnt want any contact. If he toughens up and bangs inside along with Thomas and Hill, this team is set on the inside game.
"It's not who I am on the inside, but it's what I do, that defines who I am."

zwhogfan

I'd say Thomas or Weems, though Townes has potential if he quits pouting and just plays hard.

Josef

SAUhogfan

MANIMAL!  I'll take Cyress as a sleeper.

Broken Trigger

Hopefully Gary Ervin will come in and be a star-type point guard.  I have to agree, though that Thomas and/or Hill look pretty promising next year.

Patch

Honestly, I don't see next year's team having any one standout player. Kind of like the Detroit Pistons. I like Thomas as much as any player in the past 7 years, but I just don't see him as the star. Just my opinion. I look at

Ervin/McCurdy
Ramar/Welsh
Weems
Thomas/McGowan/Washington
Townes/Hill/Hunter

...and I see a solid team, but no stars, which is fine with me. I think ESPN etc. get too wrapped up in stars, and not nearly enough team focus.

RBLtoHOG

Weems but we will still have Brewer also
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!