Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by pigfeet, March 27, 2006, 07:04:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigfeet

This letter printed today in the DEMGAZ. Here is the passion.

Fans want Hogs to win

Buck who? Arkansas Razorback basketball fans may have wondered this very question, but now most of national NCAA basketball fans are wondering Arkan-what ? Long gone are the glory days of Arkansas Razorback basketball. Not even the leading scorer in the SEC could save us.
   Before you fault the writer, just know that my most prized possession in this world is an autograph from the 1977 Razorback team. As my children may attest, my moods rise and fall in direct proportion to Razorback basketball results. The last few years have definitely been sour.
   I do appreciate Coach Stan Heath's demeanor and professionalism, but I want to win. I want my beloved Razorbacks to know the glory of days gone by. I want fire and a desire to win. For whatever reason, Heath has not instilled these Razorbacks or their devoted fans with either.
   Maybe Eddie Sutton did say that he would crawl to Kentucky to coach. At least he had an incentive to make his team perform. (He also became a traitor in my book.) Maybe Nolan Richardson did use the race card to inspire his players to show the world that they could play—and beat—anyone in the nation. It worked for them and it worked for me. What is Heath's incentive and inspiring message?
   After watching my beloved Hogs lose to teams that would lose to my local high school team, I realized, yes, every man wants a respectable woman for a wife, but every once in a great while a whore works even better to get the job done.
   CARRIE M. WYRE
   Hot Springs

http://www.arkansasonline.com/ShowStoryTemplate.asp?Path=ArDemocrat/2006/03/27&ID=Ar01100&Section=Editorial

pigfeet

I guess all we need is a good whore

Ramble on Barbershop

can i get a whore to go please and biggie size it
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

clew

and nolan's graduation rate from 1990 - 1994 was a whopping zero percent. 
Pure as the dawn

Hugehogsfan

Take two whores and call me in the morning. 

Hawg414

Quote from: clew on March 27, 2006, 10:24:29 am

true.  but i bet his winning percentage during that same time span was probably #1 in the nation.  that same stretch also included 2 final fours, an elite 8 and a sweet 16... oh, and a national championship.

dont kid yourself into thinking you care more about your point than mine. 

pigfeet

Quote from: Hawg414 on March 27, 2006, 01:25:32 pm

true.  but i bet his winning percentage during that same time span was probably #1 in the nation.  that same stretch also included 2 final fours, an elite 8 and a sweet 16... oh, and a national championship.

dont kid yourself into thinking you care more about your point than mine. 

Amen

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: hogapalooza on March 27, 2006, 08:00:20 pm
I guess Nolan was supposed to teach English, Science, Math, and Home Ec?

WTH!

The kids need to be RESPONCIABLE for their Own Education.

Nolan was a Coach, a Teacher of Basketball, not World History!

I am Glad he is gone, but he WAS not paid to make these young men Graduate!

SMITE THIS!

Maybe a spelling class... ???
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Arkapigdiesel

Who gives a frick?  I don't donate money to the foundation and buy season tickets to ensure that they go to class and make their grades.  I expect wins on the court and on the field.

They have tutors and 'ways' to make sure that they get their grades and are eligible.  Chit, they have their room, board, and tuition free of charge.  It's their own fault for not utilizing the advantages GIVEN to them and getting their degree.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

stronguard

Since when did an individuals education become the responsibility of their coach.  People who want to learn will learn, people who don't, won't.  It is simple as that.  The University as well as the coach has provided an opportunity to a young person, that should be all that is required from an academic standpoint.  If the player wants to make good grades then the player will do so.  Artificially pumping up the graduation rate will only lead to having dumb people with diplomas.  A's, B's, C's or D's, whatever....give me W's.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

Ugly Uncle

I think it is an indictment against our society when we care more about the wins these guys can give us than we do about the kids themselves. 

That being said, it is the responsibility of the player to be a Student athlete.  The coach probably does need to encourage that...but ultimately it is the responsibility of the kid.

It could be a bigger indictment against our society that we want to blame the coach rather than the player taking personal responsibility for his won future.  We always want to blame someone else for our failures or misfortunes. 

Retired Radio Host