Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson accepts Missouri HC job

Started by three, March 25, 2006, 03:49:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

three

I haven't been able to confirm this yet, hopefully I can by the end of the day.  Sources say Mike Anderson has apparently accepted the job at Mizzzou, thought all of you would be interested.  If anyone can find any confirmed reports, please let me know.  As of right now, it's just heresay among a few sports reporters.  I'll post any new information I can get.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

Dr. Payne

KCTV 5 in KC reported that Missouri has a press conference scheduled for tomorrow to announce Mike Anderson as the Head Coach. 

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Dr. Payne on March 25, 2006, 04:34:08 pm
KCTV 5 in KC reported that Missouri has a press conference scheduled for tomorrow to announce Mike Anderson as the Head Coach. 

Do we play them anymore?

rjmass

Congrats to Coach Anderson, hope we are through playing Mizzou for awhile. 

Go Hogs
Grandpa told me the only two things I  could control in life were my tongue and my word.   To always honor what you say and say what you honor.
He was a wise man.

mizzouman

Confirmed.  He will have a presser tomorrow at 2pm at Mizzou Arena. 

HoopS

Mizzouman, I think you will like him.  Good hire.

BossHog13

It is a shame Mike Anderson is not here as head coach! No, we are stuck with "Fresh Legs" Heath who is not EVER going to bring anything but mediocrity here at Arkansas. We can thank OLD Racist Egotist Crypt Keeper Frank for that. He only hired Health to cover his racist butt! The U of A and this state will be a lot better off when he either retires(which looks like NEVER!) or when he's pushing up daisies! Good luck, Mike!!!

mizzouman

Actually, I live in Little Rock but am a Mizzou alum.  I know Anderson from his days at Arkansas.  I've been pulling for him from the start.  I think it's a good hire.

zwhogfan

congrats to Mike Anderson, I am sure he will do well there, like he did at UAB

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

UAfan

Congrats to Mike, but I think he was better off at UAB.  There must have been a pretty large check, nevertheless best of luck to him.

TorsinAHog

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

94 Hawg

wow, Huggins to KS St. & Anderson to Mizzou. in 2 days the Big 12 North just got a lot better
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

BigoBoys

They had a great run during Norm Stewart's days.  Don't forget that they beat us in Barnhill!  Their fans however, are stupid.  This will be a good hire for them and will cause us some recruiting problems.

idochog

Now that he is hired, JFB will not let Stan schedule a series w/ Missouri again.  If we are due to play them, look for that game to get bought out by the UA.
I love Jesus!

HeathHateMe

It will be very interesting to see what Mike can do with a bigger budget and better facilities.  I think the Missouri fans will love him and the style of play.  Mike has always had a great reputation as a good guy and a good coach.  He will be the perfect opposite of Huggins.  Most of the Big 12 fans will probably end up hating Huggy bear, and respecting Mike perfect Hero and Villian set up.

I'll be pulling for Mizzou in every game except one, and in that one game I'll be holding up a sign that says:  Dear Stan, Take Notes.
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

hogtheball

Congrats, Mike.  You'll do a great job.  Can't wait to see you press the crap out of the Longhorns.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

HeathHateMe

Quote from: idochog on March 25, 2006, 10:08:54 pm
Now that he is hired, JFB will not let Stan schedule a series w/ Missouri again.  If we are due to play them, look for that game to get bought out by the UA.

I agree.  I've been thinking about this all day and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.  If this happens the fans need to let Frank know if they are displeased.  If this does happen I plan onbuying 1,000 postcards with overweight cats.  I will send one to Frank each day with a well thought out opinion of the situation.
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

tulsahog36

Good for Mike Anderson.   He should be able to recruit better at MU than at UAB, MU will be a force in the big 12.   I am sure Nolan is very happy.

coolhog

With MU hiring him, we lost our only chance to get him with him still at UAB.

Ugly Uncle

Mike deserves this.  To be honest, I'm not sure we want them on our schedule anymore now.
Retired Radio Host

Pioneer Fan

Hell no!!! I don't want to ever play Mizzou with Anderson at the helm.
I have an inferiority complex, but not a good one.

deucea729

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 25, 2006, 10:36:39 pm
Mike deserves this.  To be honest, I'm not sure we want them on our schedule anymore now.

Don't we have a home-and-home with them that started this year?  Looks like we'll be taking on Mike at their place next year. 

I figure a head-to-head matchup between Stan and "Not Stan" will be a fun few weeks for this board...

Razorbacks#1

Sorry but I must reply to this idiot, and I hope he dosen't live in the state of Arkansas. He not only talks bad about the current coach, but goes on to say Broyles is a racist, and trying to cover his butt. Continues his statement by saying that the state will be better off if he retires or he dies. You must be kidding me. Where do you live? You are one of those folks that make Arkanasas look bad. I personally would like to meet your sorry A... in public or somehwere. Maybe we can arrange a meeting. If your up for that, when I get back I will try and oblige.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

hoggystyle78

I hope like hell we don't play them anytime soon. MA will educate Stan on the finer points of a defensive whoopass.

Chinese Emperor

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on March 26, 2006, 12:50:31 am
Sorry but I must reply to this idiot, and I hope he dosen't live in the state of Arkansas. He not only talks bad about the current coach, but goes on to say Broyles is a racist, and trying to cover his butt. Continues his statement by saying that the state will be better off if he retires or he dies. You must be kidding me. Where do you live? You are one of those folks that make Arkanasas look bad. I personally would like to meet your sorry A... in public or somehwere. Maybe we can arrange a meeting. If your up for that, when I get back I will try and oblige.

Wow!  So how's the tough man career going?

no one

Quote from: BossHog13 on March 25, 2006, 05:15:20 pm
It is a shame Mike Anderson is not here as head coach! No, we are stuck with "Fresh Legs" Heath who is not EVER going to bring anything but mediocrity here at Arkansas. We can thank OLD Racist Egotist Crypt Keeper Frank for that. He only hired Health to cover his racist butt! The U of A and this state will be a lot better off when he either retires(which looks like NEVER!) or when he's pushing up daisies! Good luck, Mike!!!

I'm sorry, but Nolan is more of a racist than Broyles will ever be. 

cardinalhawg

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 25, 2006, 10:36:39 pm

You can't cower from anybody.  I would like to see us play them as much as possible and if we lose we lose.  Schedule Duke, UConn or whoever, but people should not be afraid of losing or being embarrassed on occasion.

rocky59

Broyles a racist?  I was at Mizzou when Broyles brought in the first black football players in 1957.

oldfart

I think this is great for Mike.  Yes, I think he should have been given the chance at the U of A job, but he wasnt.  He is a great coach, a great motivator, and an outstanding recruiter.  I wish him well at Missouri.