Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tj in the running for north alabama job

Started by Kevin, March 23, 2018, 11:57:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hobhog

Probably mean a pay cut but have to start somewhere.

raz1965

Otis

Quote from: The real Hogules on March 23, 2018, 03:13:53 pm
I certainly hope that T.J. gets his chance to lead a program.
And perhaps Melvin Watkins could retire, too?

Doesn't matter. You honestly think we will change anything we've been doing?

Arky

Quote from: Otis on March 23, 2018, 04:05:20 pm
Doesn’t matter. You honestly think we will change anything we’ve been doing?
I don't

The real Hogules

I was hoping for an ace recruiter, with some connections and perhaps they could coach some aggressiveness into our players on the defensive end of the court. Defense is as much want to, as it is about talent.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

batmanfan

He'd probably just put Zimmerman back on staff. Lol.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Danny J

No...

rude1

Quote from: batmanfan on March 23, 2018, 04:55:13 pm
Just what I was thinking. He won't reach outside his circle and bring anyone in so bringing Coach Z back wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rude1 on March 23, 2018, 06:57:58 pm
Just what I was thinking. He won't reach outside his circle and bring anyone in so bringing Coach Z back wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

I'm ok with bringing Coach Z back, if TJ were to leave. Best to keep everything in house, at least until this FBI thing blows over.

natelepain

ChicoHog

Quote from: RazorPiggie on March 23, 2018, 10:18:33 pm
No
I would guess he might hold the record for that.  Not a good record to have. 

King Kong

Quote from: natelepain on March 23, 2018, 09:38:02 pm
Perhaps replace him Coach Corliss.

Making much more in the NBA than we would pay

I would suspect Mayberry, Zimmerman and Paul Pressey as options.

hobhog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on March 23, 2018, 07:47:24 pm
I'm ok with bringing Coach Z back, if TJ were to leave. Best to keep everything in house, at least until this FBI thing blows over.

Good stuff right there...

Hoggish1

Only way Anderson gets a new assistant.

The_Bionic_Pig

Topic - consist of potential asst. Coach leaving for a HC position.

Response - 19 of 23 responses filled with venom & anti- MA comments.

Conclusion: Chris Beard is the new Gus Malzahn on this board and his dream job in Austin, TX just happens to be occupied by Shaka Smart at the moment but that's not going to stop some from taking a literal dump on every post jump ball in hopes of gaining momentum.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 23, 2018, 09:52:42 pm
Here's a good question.  Has Anderson ever had an assistant leave for a head coaching job (promotion)?  Maybe but I can't think of any.  There would be amazing for someone who has been a head coach as long as him.   

Scott Edgar went from UAB under MA to Tennessee under Bruce Pearl.

So a promotion in school and conference. Of course Scott Edgar was a well established asst. and former HC at the time.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 24, 2018, 03:06:13 pm

Conclusion: Chris Beard is the new Gus Malzahn on this board and his dream job in Austin, TX just happens to be occupied by Shaka Smart at the moment but that's not going to stop some from taking a literal dump on every post jump ball in hopes of gaining momentum.

Nailed it. +1

ChicoHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 24, 2018, 03:16:14 pm
Scott Edgar went from UAB under MA to Tennessee under Bruce Pearl.

So a promotion in school and conference. Of course Scott Edgar was a well established asst. and former HC at the time.
I mean from an assistant to a HC.  Hard to believe someone who has coached as long as Anderson has not had anyone get a HC job from his staff.  To me that shows a complete lack of coach development and the AD's are not giving his staff any kudos.  I really think that if he lost his job at Arkansas tomorrow he would not get another HC job in a power 5 conference.  I could see him getting a mid-major type job but not a power 5 or big time program job.  If any other coach in the SEC lost their job tomorrow I think about all of them would get another similar type job except Anderson, Kermit Davis (who was just hired), maybe Will Wade as he has only been there one year, maybe Bruce Pearl because he is an idiot who will get you on probation.  Anderson could get the Auburn job if Pearl was fired as they would need someone to clean up his mess. 

drester77

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 24, 2018, 05:56:48 pm
I mean from an assistant to a HC.  Hard to believe someone who has coached as long as Anderson has not had anyone get a HC job from his staff.  To me that shows a complete lack of coach development and the AD's are not giving his staff any kudos.  I really think that if he lost his job at Arkansas tomorrow he would not get another HC job in a power 5 conference.  I could see him getting a mid-major type job but not a power 5 or big time program job.  If any other coach in the SEC lost their job tomorrow I think about all of them would get another similar type job except Anderson, Kermit Davis (who was just hired), maybe Will Wade as he has only been there one year, maybe Bruce Pearl because he is an idiot who will get you on probation.  Anderson could get the Auburn job if Pearl was fired as they would need someone to clean up his mess.
I can name about 10 P5 schools who would love to have the success Coach Anderson has brought to Arkansas...

ChicoHog

Quote from: drester77 on March 24, 2018, 06:45:51 pm
I can name about 10 P5 schools who would love to have the success Coach Anderson has brought to Arkansas...
Not arguing that point.  There are a lot of schools that would be happy with the last 7 seasons results.  I just don't think he would be a hot commodity on the job market if he lost his job. 

hobhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on March 24, 2018, 07:15:04 pm
Not arguing that point.  There are a lot of schools that would be happy with the last 7 seasons results.  I just don't think he would be a hot commodity on the job market if he lost his job.

Mid major at best...

hawg66

Anderson would be without a job for about 10 minutes.

Hog75

Quote from: hawg66 on March 25, 2018, 07:23:19 am
Anderson would be without a job for about 10 minutes.

Let's check that out.

raz1965

Don't worry about Mike, you better worry about the darn bear. 

hogwood

Quote from: batmanfan on March 23, 2018, 04:55:13 pm

Would not surprise me. But I think since he's already moved Z he would go elsewhere. Maybe Todd Day, Mayberry, etc. But not anyone from outside the circle.

IronMountainHog

Bring Darrell Walker back to Fayetteville.

hobhog

It's a soured fanbase. Be prepared for next year.

navyhog24

TJ Cleveland @TJ_Cleveland
I'm not a candidate at North AL

Kevin

Quote from: navyhog24 on March 26, 2018, 03:19:08 pm
TJ Cleveland @TJ_Cleveland
I'm not a candidate at North AL

Must not gotten an interview
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

razorback1829

Kevin

The guys on hoopdirt are pretty wired when it comes to jobs.
I would say he tried and failed

razorback1829

Quote from: Kevin on March 26, 2018, 03:28:44 pm
The guys on hoopdirt are pretty wired when it comes to jobs.
I would say he tried and failed

Or maybe the job wasn't good enough for him. Regardless of your personal opinion, TJ is held pretty highly in the coaching circle. That wasn't a good enough job for him though. But keep acting like you know.

navyhog24

Quote from: razorback1829 on March 26, 2018, 04:06:18 pm
Or maybe the job wasn't good enough for him. Regardless of your personal opinion, TJ is held pretty highly in the coaching circle. That wasn't a good enough job for him though.

FineAsSwine

TJ is a good coach. The right job will come along and someone will end up with a great hire.

ShadowHawg

hulk hog

Chris Beard has more NCAA tournament wins this year than Mike has in 7 years here. He's not coming here though and Mike's not leaving so it is what it is.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

Hog_Swanson

I remember when you used to see Duh-duh-deleted next to folks.  Jump Ball sure could use some more of that now days.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

FineAsSwine

I think the salary at N. Alabama might have been a factor. Pretty sure TJ is making more than the head coach over there already.

SSFrazorback

Any five stars out there who's dad needs a job?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 26, 2018, 04:33:11 pm
TJ makes $200K at Arkansas.

That's most likely why he's not leaving for North Alabama.

razorback1829

Quote from: hulk hog on March 26, 2018, 04:27:19 pm
Chris Beard has more NCAA tournament wins this year than Mike has in 7 years here. He's not coming here though and Mike's not leaving so it is what it is.

The next hottest thing for 500 Alex! ☝🏾

Dwight_K_Shrute

This is what I like to call Truth.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RedRock

Oklahawg

Some coaches are assistants for so long schools presume they aren't interested or aren't equipped with the right skillset to be HC. Maybe TJ is using North Alabama's interest to let others know he is still looking.

Hard to see him walk away from a better, more secure gig (asst at UA) for the uncertainty of being HC at North Alabama. Wish him the best, regardless.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Smolder

Quote from: Oklahawg on March 27, 2018, 02:26:10 pm
Some coaches are assistants for so long schools presume they aren't interested or aren't equipped with the right skillset to be HC. Maybe TJ is using North Alabama's interest to let others know he is still looking.

Hard to see him walk away from a better, more secure gig (asst at UA) for the uncertainty of being HC at North Alabama. Wish him the best, regardless.

Very true. Additionally, the prior basketball coach at UNA made only $85k a year. If TJ is making $200k here, it would be a pretty significant pay cut. I wouldn't leave either.