Started by sowmonella, March 22, 2018, 11:09:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

99toLife

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 23, 2018, 10:29:33 am
Calipari
38 5*
9 4*
5 3*
1 title at UK... talk about underachieving.
All Blue Blood teams under achieve by the numbers if you just use NCAAT Championships. 

Look at Dean Smith at North Carolina, 36 years ... 2 National Titles.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 99toLife on March 23, 2018, 10:34:35 am
All Blue Blood teams under achieve by the numbers if you just use NCAAT Championships. 

I think it shows you that winning in the tournament isnt very easy. But we expect our coach to do it. We should but its not exactly easy getting the recruits it takes at Arkansas.. alot of it has to do with the gap between Nolan and Anderson where we were horrible.

Drop the Mike

Please do yourself a favor and head over to Rupp rafters. They have a conspiracy thread that the referees colluded together to send PJ to the line 20 times because they knew he would miss! They're not mad at the kid missing his FT's they're mad at the refs for sending him to the line so much!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Captain Morgan on March 23, 2018, 09:32:50 am
Both are HOF coaches. We haven't had one of those since 2002

Most schools haven't had one ever.

99toLife

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 23, 2018, 10:39:35 am
I think it shows you that winning in the tournament isnt very easy. But we expect our coach to do it. We should but its not exactly easy getting the recruits it takes at Arkansas.. alot of it has to do with the gap between Nolan and Anderson where we were horrible.

It's extremely tough to win the NCAAT. Tournament winners aren't always the best team. But if you win the Tournament you get the Trophy.

Kevin

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 23, 2018, 10:29:33 am
Calipari
38 5*
9 4*
5 3*
1 title at UK... talk about underachieving.

no question.  his title team actually had juniors & seniors
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Kevin on March 23, 2018, 10:46:14 am
no question.  his title team actually had juniors & seniors
The same can be said about many top coaches. They under achieve with 4/5s.. we make it to the dance with 3/4s and its time to behead mike..lol

HF#1

Had we beat Kentucky, I'd be a little more inclined to join in on bashing them. But they kicked our arse with what was arguably Cal's worst team in a while.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

urkillnmesmalls

The SEC pretty much gagged it in the tournament.  All season we heard it was the best conference, even from Dick Vitale (who's a little gone at this point anyway).  All these new coaches, improved OOC schedule to help the RPI, and still got smoked in the tournament. 

It's blatantly obvious that the SEC insisted on the SOS improvement to prevent us from getting 2-3 teams in the NCAAT.  It worked, but it's not going to help any bubble teams next year! 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

cityhog

Don't worry. They'll be back with a fresh crop of McD AA's next year and win the SECT ... again.

HF#1

Quote from: cityhog on March 23, 2018, 11:12:04 am
Don't worry. They'll be back with a fresh crop of McD AA's next year and win the SECT ... again.

Combined with some kids that will come back. Cal won't lose his entire roster. They will be very good next season.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

99toLife

Quote from: HF#1 on March 23, 2018, 11:13:45 am
Combined with some kids that will come back. Cal won't lose his entire roster. They will be very good next season.
as always

Captain Morgan

And bigger wins than Wofford

#1 STUNNA

so they will underachieve again?

carolinahogger

Roy Williams National Championships at UNC: 2005, 2009, 2017.  I would settle for that kind of underachievement.

Duke has won 3 after the year 2000.

UCONN has won 3 after 2000.

Florida has 2.

Nobody but the Blue Bloods and marginal Blue Bloods (Florida, Syracuse, Louisville) win NCs.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on March 23, 2018, 11:41:39 am
so they will underachieve again?

That's what the SEC does.... Underachieves

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: carolinahogger on March 23, 2018, 11:43:05 am
Roy Williams National Championships at UNC: 2005, 2009, 2017.  I would settle for that kind of underachievement.

Duke has won 3 after the year 2000.

UCONN has won 3 after 2000.

Florida has 2.

Nobody but the Blue Bloods and marginal Blue Bloods (Florida, Syracuse, Louisville) win NCs.

Thats what 5/4* recruits do for you. Tradition helps but not when it was in the 90s and went away.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 23, 2018, 02:43:30 am
Ashley used to be so beautiful. While she may be attractractive to some still, she’s so ugly on the inside, I can’t stand to look at her. Winona has become more attractive.

Sometimes that happens when your European Formula 1 Driver ex-hubby serves you papers and kicks you to the curb....

scorned women....
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

AFWarrior83

Apparently fans outside the SEC also can't stand Kentucky. I work with two guys from Indiana and Michigan and they both were talking about Kentucky going down to Kstate. Both said Calipari is a cheating weasel, and UK is a dirty program.
Hogville member since 2005.

NoogaHog

Quote from: 99toLife on March 23, 2018, 10:00:00 am
Because they are very young, different than a team loaded with experienced seniors.

I don't know if that was intentional or not, but ISWYDT!
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

99toLife

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on March 23, 2018, 12:35:46 pm
Apparently fans outside the SEC also can't stand Kentucky. I work with two guys from Indiana and Michigan and they both were talking about Kentucky going down to Kstate. Both said Calipari is a cheating weasel, and UK is a dirty program.
Did your friends explain how he has cheated exactly?

alohawg

Quote from: LRHawg on March 23, 2018, 10:01:45 am
I'm loving this NCAA tournament, because quality team play and max effort is dominating individual talent. It's beautiful.

At this point, the only thing that could ruin such a great tourney would be a duke title.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: alohawg on March 23, 2018, 01:10:37 pm
At this point, the only thing that could ruin such a great tourney would be a duke title.

What's sad is I'm a Duke fan and I agree with this. I just can't pull for Grayson Allen.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

LRHawg

Quote from: alohawg on March 23, 2018, 01:10:37 pm

Ugh, you're not kidding. I'm pulling for the fighting Chris Beard's, or the team with the old nun.

jfred59

Quote from: Drop the Mike on March 23, 2018, 10:41:47 am
Please do yourself a favor and head over to Rupp rafters. They have a conspiracy thread that the referees colluded together to send PJ to the line 20 times because they knew he would miss! They're not mad at the kid missing his FT's they're mad at the refs for sending him to the line so much!

Yeah thats something to fuss about when we had how many games that our entire team didnt get to the line 20 times.   

The Boar War

Quote from: kodiakisland on March 23, 2018, 12:52:45 am
Didn't see the game, just the box score.  KY had 37 freethrows.  What is up with that?

A foul discrepancy in Kentucky's favor???  Now I've seen everything.  Next you'll be telling me that Duke gets preferential treatment.  ;)

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: 99toLife on March 23, 2018, 12:40:58 pm

2 of the 3 schools he has taken to the Final Four were guilty of NCAA violations & led to vacating wins.
Now KY is mentioned in the FBI Corruption case...yeah, he's clean. ;)
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

sickboy

True, but Dean Smith didn't have the cheating stigma that Cal does. If you're going to supposedly buy all these 5* kids, you have to make it to the elite eight, at the very least, every single year. Or you're going to not live up to expectations. And people are going to wonder how you didn't win more than one title in ten years.

Truth is, it's really freaking hard to win titles with freshman. Even the best freshman. I'm sure the kickbacks and everything are good for Cal, but he's going to dig his own grave eventually if he doesn't start building a program instead of just winging it every year with a fresh crop of Micky D's All Americans.

sickboy

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 23, 2018, 02:12:14 pm
2 of the 3 schools he has taken to the Final Four were guilty of NCAA violations & led to vacating wins.
Now KY is mentioned in the FBI Corruption case...yeah, he's clean. ;)

Yeah, I was about to say. Dude's gotten caught at two different schools. He's a proven cheater.

RazorWest

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on March 23, 2018, 06:37:50 am
Anybody notice the Kentucky players and coaches didn't stick around to shake the KSU players' hands after the game?  Several KSU players noticed and spoke after the game about it.

Turns out that the UK players and coaches did shake hands with the staff, just the KSU players were too busy celebrating to notice.  I hate UK, but don't blame them one second for not wanting to wait around to shake hands if the other team is too busy in the stands celebrating

AFWarrior83

Quote from: 99toLife on March 23, 2018, 12:40:58 pm

The guy from Indiana said every school Calipari was at received sanctions after he left. UMass and Memphis specifically. I didn't ask questions, just listened to their conversation. They both think he cheats to get all those one-and-done players.
Hogville member since 2005.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on March 23, 2018, 05:08:02 pm
The guy from Indiana said every school Calipari was at received sanctions after he left. UMass and Memphis specifically. I didn't ask questions, just listened to their conversation. They both think he cheats to get all those one-and-done players.

No cheating dynasty lasts forever.

Hacked twitter accounts, admitting to taking money at NSD, hell even the Pagans MC has had people roll over on them.

Eventually, John Gotti Calipari will get got by a stool pigeon. Unfortunately for coach, he doesn't have the threat of physical violence/death to keep people from rolling over on him.
This is my non-signature signature.

MountieDawg

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on March 23, 2018, 05:08:02 pm

Did you ask him when was the last time they cheated at Indiana?  They were busted pretty recently.  They still weren't winning but they were cheating.
SEC!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: JIHawg on March 23, 2018, 12:14:30 am
If #25 is not in there the last ten minutes of the game, Ky wins.  Missed free throws lost this game.

Missed free throws is kind of Cals modus operandi..............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogwood on March 23, 2018, 08:55:39 am
Weber's 3rd time in the E8.

Makes you wonder if Illinois has any regrets.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

cram224

Thank God for the Pac 12. However, it shows we were middle of the pact in a middle of the pact conference. Somewhere outside the top 40. Mike's years should be added to Nolan's years, they are all ending the same way.

FineAsSwine

The SEC is a very good conference that dominated in the tournament last year and stumbled this year. It's not an indictment of the quality of the conference. A&M beat UNC by 20 and then lost to Michigan 20, does that mean Michigan would have beat NC by 40? Sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way, the matchups don't favor you, or the other team was just better on that day.

The SEC earned and deserved all of the respect that they garnered for their regular season performance against P5 teams. All 8 teams deserved their bids. By the way, even though the SEC was down to it's final team when KY played KState, I was pulling for KState like hell and was glad that KY Jelly lost.

BigBlueHell

My 2 favorite teams...my Arkansas Razorbacks and whoever is playing Kentucky.

BigBlueHell

Quote from: The Boar War on March 23, 2018, 01:46:38 pm
A foul discrepancy in Kentucky's favor???  Now I've seen everything.  Next you'll be telling me that Duke gets preferential treatment.  ;)

I watched the game and it was pretty obvious, K-State had to beat UK and the refs, and they did!  That was about as one sided a refereed game as I have ever seen!  And yes, in the UK fan mind, everybody in the world hates them.
My 2 favorite teams...my Arkansas Razorbacks and whoever is playing Kentucky.

PonderinHog

Quote from: BigBlueHell on March 24, 2018, 08:57:37 am
I watched the game and it was pretty obvious, K-State had to beat UK and the refs, and they did!  That was about as one sided a refereed game as I have ever seen!  And yes, in the UK fan mind, everybody in the world hates them.
Because it's true.   ;)

Hoggish1

Quote from: rjwilkmd on March 22, 2018, 11:44:06 pm
Boo hoo Ashley Judd-Why do I start cussing when they show you on tv?
Probably for the same reason everybody cussed, from KY, when they showed Bill Clinton on TV when Nolan was stomping through the NCAA?

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 24, 2018, 03:22:39 pm
Probably for the same reason everybody cussed, from KY, when they showed Bill Clinton on TV when Nolan was stomping through the NCAA?

Difference - Ashely Judd IS a nasty woman. Bill.....well you know.

sowmonella

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 23, 2018, 02:43:30 am
Ashley used to be so beautiful. While she may be attractractive to some still, she's so ugly on the inside, I can't stand to look at her. Winona has become more attractive.
Yes he has.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003