Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

series against Missouri

Started by flippinhogmana, March 21, 2018, 11:28:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

This series will show how much we have improved over last year.  We should win at least two of three against them.  Their hitting in pretty much every category is right at ours overall.  If we have any edges, its in playing at home and in our pitching.  Their pitching is not statistically as good as ours, but that can be deceptive.  When you look at their record, you have to look at who their losses have come to.  Of their fourteen losses, 11 have come against ranked teams.  That will negatively affect your pitching numbers.

Overall they have played a tougher schedule than ours.  Still they didnt open against Georgia, perhaps the hottest team in the country (who also took two of three against Florida).  Two of our losses to Georgia were by only two runs.  There is sufficient cause for us to be optimistic about taking at least two of three.  We are undefeated at home.  That counts for something, and so do Haff and Storms.   If the hot hitting of Diaz and Warrick continues (remember Warrick's hot hitting started against SEC opponent Georgia and Diaz did well in that first series too), I look for us to take at least two of three.

the first game opening in the evening, the Saturday and Sunday games are 1:00 pm starts.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ladybackfan

50% chance of rain on Sunday.  Hopefully they play 2 on Saturday.