Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 18, 2024, 12:04:51 pm

Nolan Richardson and bad karma

Started by Piggie Smalls, March 16, 2018, 07:54:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggie Smalls

I sincerely believe that until the U of A does the right thing and honors Nolan Richardson properly- preferably by naming the court at BWA after him- the basketball program will continue to be mired in mediocrity. You think it's a coincidence that he was the coach the last time the Hogs made the Sweet 16? I think not. It's karma for all those up on the hill who continue to hold onto their silly grudges. What other explanation do you have for the runs Butler went on, especially at the beginning of the game? It's almost like a curse of sorts. If you were born the last time the Hogs advanced far in the tournament you'd be two months shy of a college graduate. This trend needs to be reversed, and if the U of A continues to be stubborn this bad karma will continue to haunt us.

nwahogfan1

I have no idea what you are talking about.  So it is because Nolan's name is not on the court that Mike can not Coach?  Is that what your saying?

rzrbkman

Quote from: Piggie Smalls on March 16, 2018, 07:54:08 pm
I sincerely believe that until the U of A does the right thing and honors Nolan Richardson properly- preferably by naming the court at BWA after him- the basketball program will continue to be mired in mediocrity. You think it's a coincidence that he was the coach the last time the Hogs made the Sweet 16? I think not. It's karma for all those up on the hill who continue to hold onto their silly grudges. What other explanation do you have for the runs Butler went on, especially at the beginning of the game? It's almost like a curse of sorts. If you were born the last time the Hogs advanced far in the tournament you'd be two months shy of a college graduate. This trend needs to be reversed, and if the U of A continues to be stubborn this bad karma will continue to haunt us.

Nolan was also the coach for 5 seasons after the Hogs made their last trip to the final four. He quit recruiting effectively and allowed the program to start sliding downhill while spending more time complaining instead of doing his job.

Wild Bill Hog

LOL  There is no such thing as karma.  Bad Hog basketball is the result of bad Hog coaches and nothing else.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I've been saying this for years now. God works in mysterious ways. There's no coincidence that we hired a big mouth coach whose wife comes flying onto the scene talking about Karma. The good Lord will give you signs, it's up to you to recognize them. Until then, our athletic program is cursed
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Danny J

Hell...I would be willing to try almost anything at this point. However I think the court should be named for him regardless

supersaint

I threw some chicken bones on the ground and farted in a jar and that told me the Hogs would lose.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

Hog_Fink

they should name the court after him.
but we suck because we suck.
also why can't we win on the road?

WorfHog

Couldn't hurt and it's not like we're saving it for Mike.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: galactivation on March 16, 2018, 08:09:39 pm
they should name the court after him.
but we suck because we suck.
also why can't we win on the road?
Because we are cursed
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Wild Bill Hog

Didn't they name a moot court room in the Law School for Nolan?

code red

Mike is getting old, content and lazy.....period.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: code red on March 16, 2018, 08:29:22 pm
Mike is getting old, content and lazy.....period.

He was like that before he ever left Mizzou.

popcornhog

Quote from: rzrbkman on March 16, 2018, 08:02:36 pm
Nolan was also the coach for 5 seasons after the Hogs made their last trip to the final four. He quit recruiting effectively and allowed the program to start sliding downhill while spending more time complaining instead of doing his job.

He had Igudala coming in his next damn class.

WTH are you talking about?
WPS

fieldturf

Quote from: Danny J on March 16, 2018, 08:06:51 pm
Hell...I would be willing to try almost anything at this point. However I think the court should be named for him regardless

Nah Nolan sued the school and said Frank was the white hared old devil, so nah will just leave the court as is.....

Wild Bill Hog

Rudy Baylor

This OP is spot the frick on

We are mired in the Heath Administration "team drug use" rumors and that's still killing us

Nolan Richardson Court is the absolute only damn thing can fix it

Only thing!!!!

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 16, 2018, 09:00:55 pm
This OP is spot the frick on

We are mired in the Heath Administration "team drug use" rumors and that's still killing us

Nolan Richardson Court is the absolute only damn thing can fix it

Only thing!!!!

Huh?

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 16, 2018, 08:03:34 pm
I've been saying this for years now. God works in mysterious ways. There's no coincidence that we hired a big mouth coach whose wife comes flying onto the scene talking about Karma. The good Lord will give you signs, it's up to you to recognize them. Until then, our athletic program is cursed

Really. Do you want to bring religion into this?  God? Cares about what happens on a basketball court? Would make since considering he doesn't really care about the millions of children that are brutally murdered every year throughout the world.   
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Pigdiana Jones

Not naming the court after Nolan has nothing to do with no success at Hog's basketball. I agree the court should be named after Nolan, but this is ridiculous.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Atlhogfan1

If we name the court for Nolan can we then finally get a clean break from that era?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

cal34

Quote from: WorfHog on March 16, 2018, 08:11:06 pm
Couldn't hurt and it's not like we're saving it for Mike.

They are saving it for T.J. 🙄

rzrbkman

Quote from: popcornhog on March 16, 2018, 08:48:01 pm

Yes, but he didn't have much for those 5 years, I referred to.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 16, 2018, 09:52:21 pm
If we name the court for Nolan can we then finally get a clean break from that era?

No. We also have to bring Slobberin Hog back. Then, when that doesn't work after a decade or so more, we can finally reemerge from the cocoon of 1994 reborn and start anew.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: popcornhog on March 16, 2018, 08:48:01 pm

One recruit who avg 9ppg in college.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Occams Razorback

Nolan IS the curse and we have more than one of his disciples as coaches now - HIS selfishness caused the implosion of the program - we don't owe him a danm thing - petty grudges etc: HE is the one who started them all with his hatred of JFB and scare tactics warning of riots in the streets and tanks and all the rest - it's all about HIM - if he cared about the UA he would have taken his money that he asked for and gone quietly into the night

He pretty much asked to be fired and called JFB a white haired devil

JFB had faults, but you could never question his love for the Razorbacks and allegiance to the University

It is Karma, just flipped on its head
If it makes crumbs, it's probably not good for you.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 16, 2018, 09:52:21 pm

As long as MA is there? No.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

HogBreath

I sincerely believe that until
I sincerely believe that until the U of A does the right thing and honors Nolan Richardson properly- preferably by naming the state after him-
Fify.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

rzrbkman

Quote from: Occams Razorback on March 16, 2018, 10:23:06 pm
Nolan IS the curse and we have more than one of his disciples as coaches now - HIS selfishness caused the implosion of the program - we don't owe him a danm thing - petty grudges etc: HE is the one who started them all with his hatred of JFB and scare tactics warning of riots in the streets and tanks and all the rest - it's all about HIM - if he cared about the UA he would have taken his money that he asked for and gone quietly into the night

JFB had faults, but you could never question his love for the Razorbacks and allegiance to the University

Bingo^^^^

hogfan10

Quote from: Occams Razorback on March 16, 2018, 10:23:06 pm

Exactly; and ironically he destroyed the program that his once former loyal assistant is now coaching, and struggling to succeed at. That's the irony of it all.

cram224

Maybe we should hire Sister Jene for Loyola/Chicago. We need divine intervention.

SemperHawg

Quote from: rzrbkman on March 16, 2018, 08:02:36 pm
When he was fired Andre Igudola, a consensus too recruit in the country was committed to us.

HogRealism

I don't know about it being a curse but I couldn't agree more... Arkansas let unnecessary administrative pressure and racism run off and embitter the only coach that truly brought them to a level of national prominence and respect in one of the two college power sports being football and basketball... Look out what you "asked for" you got it UofA

hogcards

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on March 16, 2018, 08:03:34 pm

Long is gone and I'm pretty sure Anderson isn't too far behind him now.  This has nothing to do with the university not honoring a racist.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Earth Hog Fan

This Basketball team was out coached and out played, plain and simple.  What kind of person would look at this loses and blames it on the name of our Basketball court as reasons for this lose! While this is the only place it seems we ever win any games.  This is really a no brainier boys and girls; lack of recruiting at a high level and inept coaching has doomed this Razorback Basketball team. And yes it is past time for a change!
I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

KateHog

Who cares about winning? It's a desperate act.

logic

Nolan was an outstanding coach, but he had big mouth and would say things, that although often true, were negative about Arkansas and the fans. Smarter coaches say nice thing, even if not true.  For example, notice how Butler's coach praised Mike Anderson for being a great coach and having a great season.  We all know it is not so but that is what most winning coaches do. They make the losing team sound like they might of won the NCAAT.

Even if true, Nolan should never been critical of Arkansas and the fans.

rzrbkman

Quote from: SemperHawg on March 17, 2018, 10:45:34 am
When he was fired Andre Igudola, a consensus too recruit in the country was committed to us.

Again, Nolan had already let the program slide for 5 years, prior to that one recruit.

Atlhogfan1

Igoudala?  Why the hell is this still brought up?   One recruit who was a raw athlete and avg 9ppg.  Wasn't taking satchell lane and Gomez to a damn thing. Nolan couldn't win a tourney game with Joe who was a much better college player offensively.  But igoudala was going to do something great?  BS.

It's this dumb darn mentality that led us to Anderson and chasing that Hawg Ball dream.