Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Huge

Started by Hogindasticks, March 10, 2018, 08:57:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogindasticks

Limmer's head coach at Tyler Lee is Kurt Traylor, the younger brother of Arkansas assistant head coach/running backs coach Jeff Traylor, who will be crucial to the Hogs' efforts recruiting Texas, especially his home East Texas region.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hogindasticks on March 10, 2018, 08:57:13 pm
Limmer's head coach at Tyler Lee is Kurt Traylor, the younger brother of Arkansas assistant head coach/running backs coach Jeff Traylor, who will be crucial to the Hogs' efforts recruiting Texas, especially his home East Texas region.

Googled JT and learned he's from Gilmer, TX.  Went through Gilmer the other day on the way to Tyler and you just don't drive by Gilmer on the way to anywhere unless you're lost. Population 4900 or so.  He ought to know east TX if anyone does. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HOGINTENNESSEE

March 11, 2018, 10:31:41 am #2 Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 02:53:07 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/aac/2015/01/21/chad-morris-smu-football-coach-texas-high-school-recruiting/22093579/

Let's not forget the HS as well. Even when he was at Clemson he was still personally emailing his Texas HS HC friends during the FB season.

Morris has also hired 3 former TX HS HC since becoming a college HC

TX HOG

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 11, 2018, 09:21:31 am
Googled JT and learned he's from Gilmer, TX.  Went through Gilmer the other day on the way to Tyler and you just don't drive by Gilmer on the way to anywhere unless you're lost. Population 4900 or so.  He ought to know east TX if anyone does. 

Ha. Very true. We are from Tyler. 30+ years there. We just recently moved to NWA

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: TX HOG on March 11, 2018, 09:52:00 pm
Ha. Very true. We are from Tyler. 30+ years there. We just recently moved to NWA

I enjoy driving by the HUGE Bo Pilgrim bust when we head to East Texas to see my wife's family.

TX HOG

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on March 12, 2018, 09:36:20 am
I enjoy driving by the HUGE Bo Pilgrim bust when we head to East Texas to see my wife's family.

Yes. I know exactly what you're talking about. His estate is on the same hwy too

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Hogindasticks on March 10, 2018, 08:57:13 pm

Jeff Traylor will do very well recruiting east Texas for the Razorbacks, probably better than Morris. 

Traylor has spent most of his life in east Texas playing or coaching football. Graduated from Gilmer High, and graduated from Stephen F. Austin, Nacogdoches as a walk on football player.  He was an assistant football coach for a combined ten years at Jacksonville and Big Sandy.  Then became head coach at Gilmer High for fifteen years, winning three state championships and two runner ups.  Several undefeated seasons and had eleven 10+ winning seasons in his time at Gilmer.

So, yeah I think Traylor is about as well respected in the Texas high school coaching ranks as anyone.  He's a proven winner.  Would make us a winner as a HC, IMO.

Hogindasticks

Could be an ongoing option if a head coach were to leave

elviscat

Relationships has been missing in Arkansas recruiting efforts in Texas,for many years, now we have it.

Vantage 8 dude

Well it IS nice to have friends in high places. ;) :) 8)

BoynamedWooPigSooie

I don't think most understood how important hiring Jeff Traylor was and will prove to be in the future.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

HogBreath

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 11, 2018, 09:21:31 am
They're the Buckeyes I think..it's a football town.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?