VALSPAR CHAMPIONSHIP

Started by kingofdequeen, March 07, 2018, 07:36:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Don't leave it short, Tiger.

Your friend, Patrick Reed.

GolfNut57

Quote from: majestic on March 11, 2018, 04:42:02 pm
Nevermind what I posted about Reed. Complete melt down.

It's called giving it away to Casey
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

GolfNut57

And at least half a dozen TV sets in here just got changed to something else............. ;)
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Boarcephus

Quote from: majestic on March 11, 2018, 04:42:02 pm
Nevermind what I posted about Reed. Complete melt down.

Not a Reed fan but felt for him on that one. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

PonderinHog

GolfNut57

And Connors completes his folding chair impersonation.

majestic

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 11, 2018, 04:54:59 pm
Not a Reed fan but felt for him on that one. 
For sure.

Are you still playing at Paradise? Their mismanagement is making me think I might not renew when the time comes. I get so tired of them allowing groups of 5-8 to play together. Not to mention the roving bands of teenagers they let on.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

clutch

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 11, 2018, 04:53:33 pm
And at least half a dozen TV sets in here just got changed to something else............. ;)

I'd imagine so, since the coverage was over.

Boarcephus

Quote from: majestic on March 11, 2018, 05:05:08 pm
For sure.

Are you still playing at Paradise? Their mismanagement is making me think I might not renew when the time comes. I get so tired of them allowing groups of 5-8 to play together. Not to mention the roving bands of teenagers they let on.

Yep, I'm still there.  I'll agree there are some things that I don't like about it but it's still a fun course to play, it's close to the house, easy to walk and since I pay a year in advance it runs me about $150 a month.  I'm sure FCC and SCC are better run but it'd cost you 3 times as much.  I haven't run into the 5-8 person groups you're talking about but that would piss me off big time if I were to get caught behind one and they wouldn't let me play through.

Good thing about PV, you don't really have to renew, just drop out and I understand several have done that. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

majestic

Well, as you know, tee-times are required on weekends. I played last Saturday and there was a group of 8 followed by a group of 5 ahead of us. Took us over 5 hours to finish.

I do like the course (except for the pond scum in the summer) and it's right down the street from me. I just wish they would enforce their own rules. And install some ball washers. And get rid of the pond scum. It wouldn't kill them to sell beer, either. But I usually take my own anyway. :)

Wildhog

Good tournament for Tiger.  He just needs to keep contending.  It was fun to finally watch some interesting golf again.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Boarcephus

Quote from: majestic on March 11, 2018, 05:26:13 pm
Well, as you know, tee-times are required on weekends. I played last Saturday and there was a group of 8 followed by a group of 5 ahead of us. Took us over 5 hours to finish.

I do like the course (except for the pond scum in the summer) and it's right down the street from me. I just wish they would enforce their own rules. And install some ball washers. And get rid of the pond scum. It wouldn't kill them to sell beer, either. But I usually take my own anyway. :)

They take the ball washers up in the winter and put them back out in the spring. Not much you can do about the 5 person groups but I'd raise hell with 8.  Do you know Al Sexton??  He's a part owner and is very sensitive to complaints like the 8 to a group, especially with the drop in membership, and I'd wager he'd take care of it if you brought it to his attention.  If by rare chance he wouldn't, Lindy would but Al is spending a lot of time out there ever since he let Scott go and will address this complaint in a hurry. 

majestic

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 11, 2018, 07:39:12 pm
They take the ball washers up in the winter and put them back out in the spring. Not much you can do about the 5 person groups but I'd raise hell with 8.  Do you know Al Sexton??  He's a part owner and is very sensitive to complaints like the 8 to a group, especially with the drop in membership, and I'd wager he'd take care of it if you brought it to his attention.  If by rare chance he wouldn't, Lindy would but Al is spending a lot of time out there ever since he let Scott go and will address this complaint in a hurry. 

Is Al the grey-haired guy with glasses? If so, man, he was quick to ask for my guests to pay. Two are members at Lost Springs and the other had never played at Paradise. So we walk in, I say hi to Evan (I think that's his name), and the guy I described walks up from nowhere and says, "I guess you have 3 guests to pay for?". WTH? At that point I had not played in 5 months. But I kept paying my dues. Then we get stuck behind an 8 and a 5. The guys with me asked what the point of a tee time is if you are letting these giant groups go off like that?

Is it any wonder why membership is dropping? I think PV would be better off dropping the membership plan and just let anyone who wants to pay, play. I only get my money's worth for about 3 months during the spring/summer. Stonebridge is a better value, honestly.

MikePiazza

I think there's a better than good chance that Tiger wins next week. He's so comfortable at Bay Hill.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

EastexHawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 11, 2018, 05:00:02 pm
And Connors completes his folding chair impersonation.

I would have bet your left...uh, appendage...that he was going to do it.  Sundays on tour are all about pressure.

Boarcephus

Quote from: majestic on March 11, 2018, 07:58:08 pm
Is Al the grey-haired guy with glasses? If so, man, he was quick to ask for my guests to pay. Two are members at Lost Springs and the other had never played at Paradise. So we walk in, I say hi to Evan (I think that's his name), and the guy I described walks up from nowhere and says, "I guess you have 3 guests to pay for?". WTH? At that point I had not played in 5 months. But I kept paying my dues. Then we get stuck behind an 8 and a 5. The guys with me asked what the point of a tee time is if you are letting these giant groups go off like that?

Is it any wonder why membership is dropping? I think PV would be better off dropping the membership plan and just let anyone who wants to pay, play. I only get my money's worth for about 3 months during the spring/summer. Stonebridge is a better value, honestly.

That's Al.  I'm not a huge fan of his but he's always treated me well.  Evan is one of the best hires they've made.  Super nice young man. 

Out of curiosity, what time are you teeing off to get behind the eight some?  I know there is a big group that tees off mid morning on weekends that may have 12-15 in it but they've always kept it to 4-5 to a group. 

PV may not work for you and sounds like it doesn't.  I'm retired and slip out around 1 or so during the week and Saturday but tee off at 8 Sunday when it warms up.  If it takes 5 hours to play a round that's ridiculous I'd make my case known to Al and terminate my membership to his face.  You're welcome to go off with our group Sunday mornings if you're interested.

majestic

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 12, 2018, 06:19:57 am
That's Al.  I'm not a huge fan of his but he's always treated me well.  Evan is one of the best hires they've made.  Super nice young man. 

Out of curiosity, what time are you teeing off to get behind the eight some?  I know there is a big group that tees off mid morning on weekends that may have 12-15 in it but they've always kept it to 4-5 to a group. 

PV may not work for you and sounds like it doesn't.  I'm retired and slip out around 1 or so during the week and Saturday but tee off at 8 Sunday when it warms up.  If it takes 5 hours to play a round that's ridiculous I'd make my case known to Al and terminate my membership to his face.  You're welcome to go off with our group Sunday mornings if you're interested.
Thanks for the offer. I try to sleep in on the weekends. :) The last couple of times I've played it's been around 10:30. When the weather warms up, I try to sneak out around 1 or 2 on a Wednesday or Thursday and can usually play with no delay at all. I guess we'll see how things go next time out.

Hawgndaaz

Fun tourney to watch.  Good for Casey playing balls to the wall on Sunday.

Crazy how many bad putts we saw on Sunday on the back 9 from all the contenders. Those things must have been hard to read. You don't see the pros leaving it short on birdies very often. Tiger did it 3x that I saw, and of course Reed.

Also, the hecklers have GOT to be dealt with. Good grief, its bad.

Boarcephus

Quote from: majestic on March 12, 2018, 08:27:33 am
Thanks for the offer. I try to sleep in on the weekends. :) The last couple of times I've played it's been around 10:30. When the weather warms up, I try to sneak out around 1 or 2 on a Wednesday or Thursday and can usually play with no delay at all. I guess we'll see how things go next time out.

That's what I do during the week.  There is a big bunch of older guys who tee off round 9:30 or so and they are slow and they think they own the place. I get there around 1 or so and can generally play at my own pace.  Sunday we're the first ones off and done by 11 or so.

Wildhog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on March 12, 2018, 08:37:11 am
Fun tourney to watch.  Good for Casey playing balls to the wall on Sunday.

Crazy how many bad putts we saw on Sunday on the back 9 from all the contenders. Those things must have been hard to read. You don't see the pros leaving it short on birdies very often. Tiger did it 3x that I saw, and of course Reed.

Also, the hecklers have GOT to be dealt with. Good grief, its bad.

I heard some guy singing screaming Eye of the Tiger several times.  Wanted to punch him in the throat.
1909/1964/1965/1977

cosmodrum

Quote from: Wildhog on March 12, 2018, 08:46:25 am
I heard some guy singing screaming Eye of the Tiger several times.  Wanted to punch him in the throat.

I love golf, but my God the galleries are boiling over with complete tool bags.
Go away, batin'

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Wildhog on March 12, 2018, 08:46:25 am

heard a guy yell "does your husband play" on one ETW left short.

cosmodrum

Quote from: kingofdequeen on March 12, 2018, 09:01:22 am

Probably a closet heauxmeaux
Go away, batin'

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

onebadrubi

I heard that as well, and I laughed!

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 12, 2018, 08:52:59 am

We are going to the PGA Champ in st louis this summer. Already talking about how we are going to find one of those guys and frick him up.

hawgon

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 11, 2018, 09:48:55 pm
I think there's a better than good chance that Tiger wins next week. He's so comfortable at Bay Hill.

He won't. He'll be the trendy pick and the pressure will be great.  The next time Tiger wins will be on a day he starts five or six back and goes low.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on March 12, 2018, 10:02:29 am
We are going to the PGA Champ in st louis this summer. Already talking about how we are going to find one of those guys and frick him up.

If you'd do that I'd pony up some cash to bail you out. 

userpick

Most Sunday viewers of a non major since 2013. I wonder why?

ricepig

Quote from: userpick on March 12, 2018, 12:46:19 pm
Most Sunday viewers of a non major since 2013. I wonder why?

Hoping to see Casey get off the non-winner streak, I would imagine.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 12, 2018, 11:05:52 am
If you'd do that I'd pony up some cash to bail you out. 

I just want someone to film me walking up to Get In the Hole Bro and ask him point blank why he keeps yelling that. See what his response is. I also be he's wearing cargo shorts.

zane

BABA BOOEY!!!!!!!
RIP LSUfan

cosmodrum

PGA headquarters is moving to Frisco, TX. They are building 2 18 hole courses and a 9 hole course and plan to host the PGA Championship and Ryder Cup. The courses are supposed to be open by 2020. I will live like 10-15 minutes from the freaking Ryder Cup. I am excite.
Go away, batin'

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on March 12, 2018, 01:00:59 pm
I just want someone to film me walking up to Get In the Hole Bro and ask him point blank why he keeps yelling that. See what his response is. I also be he's wearing cargo shorts.

If you were to slap the crap out of him on national TV the first time he did that you'd never have to buy another drink at any tournament you went to.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Boarcephus on March 12, 2018, 06:45:34 pm
If you were to slap the crap out of him on national TV the first time he did that you'd never have to buy another drink at any tournament you went to.

Of course it would be kind of hard to attend any tournaments from jail.  ;)

Boarcephus

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 12, 2018, 08:19:16 pm
Of course it would be kind of hard to attend any tournaments from jail.  ;)

He'd never serve a second base on Justifiable Cause, the bitch had it coming!  ;)  The golf world might even fund a tournament based on his actions. 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on March 12, 2018, 01:00:59 pm

I've been attending tournaments since Nicklaus was on the regular tour.  There are more "look at me" morons every year.  Some of them are drunk, some are stupid, some just need to have the **** beaten out of them.

kingofdequeen

kingofdequeen

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 12, 2018, 09:24:59 pm
I've been attending tournaments since Nicklaus was on the regular tour.  There are more "look at me" morons every year.  Some of them are drunk, some are stupid, some just need to have the **** beaten out of them.

ive been all three many times.  come at me old man.

EastexHawg

Quote from: kingofdequeen on March 13, 2018, 08:24:59 am
ive been all three many times.  come at me old man.

The a-holes who are trying to scream just at impact...and because they are drunk, stupid, or both end up doing it during the swing...need to be taken outside and beaten with axe handles.  After the first 10-12 word would get around.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: cosmodrum on March 12, 2018, 08:52:59 am

This occurred in Phoenix.  Its actually funny.  My brother-in-law and Ollie walk by as security pins the guy to the ground.  Bubba walks by shortly after.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5496757/one-legged-man-wrestled-to-ground-police-jumping-pond-golf-event/

kingofdequeen

only thread on this board with more posts than the frickin valspar championship?

big cat back in action.

GolfNut57

Quote from: kingofdequeen on March 13, 2018, 08:24:10 am
this is how i feel on the inside 90% of my life.

But you still make the putts.

GolfNut57

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 13, 2018, 09:16:25 am
The a-holes who are trying to scream just at impact...and because they are drunk, stupid, or both end up doing it during the swing...need to be taken outside and beaten with axe handles.  After the first 10-12 word would get around.

axe handles? You have no sense of rhythm do you? Wouldn't it be more poetic to beat them with golf clubs?

GolfNut57

Quote from: East TN HAWG on March 13, 2018, 12:02:14 pm
This occurred in Phoenix.  Its actually funny.  My brother-in-law and Ollie walk by as security pins the guy to the ground.  Bubba walks by shortly after.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5496757/one-legged-man-wrestled-to-ground-police-jumping-pond-golf-event/

Indecent exposure? Unless he exposed his privates they will never make that one stick.

EastexHawg

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 13, 2018, 01:24:40 pm
axe handles? You have no sense of rhythm do you? Wouldn't it be more poetic to beat them with golf clubs?

Axe handles, golf clubs, croquet mallets, socks full of wood screws...whatever it takes.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: EastexHawg on March 13, 2018, 02:07:50 pm
Axe handles, golf clubs, croquet mallets, socks full of wood screws...whatever it takes.

That's what I don't get. Nobody likes them, but you continue to hear them at every tournament. Why aren't the fans policing it? I can't wait to do this.

East TN HAWG

Quote from: GolfNut57 on March 13, 2018, 01:26:57 pm
Indecent exposure? Unless he exposed his privates they will never make that one stick.
I think it's more about trespassing.  It was funny though.  Lance saw a flash then a splash, then he pushed Ollie to the center of the fairway.  He was a little worried as they approached.  Did not know what was happening. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: East TN HAWG on March 13, 2018, 06:21:50 pm
I think it's more about trespassing.  It was funny though.  Lance saw a flash then a splash, then he pushed Ollie to the center of the fairway.  He was a little worried as they approached.  Did not know what was happening.

Watching a one legged guy hopping to the pond was funny enough that it wouldn't shock me if the judge dismissed the case with nothing more than a stern shaking of his finger at the guy. Especially if the guy happened to be a Vet that lost his leg in war action.

Add in that since that tourney was at the Phoenix......where they actually seem to encourage the rowdy behavior at hole 16........it appears the tourney is only getting the expected result.

pigture perfect

At least it wasn't the same old "Get in the Hole" shout. So sick of it on every putt.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"