Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K. Allen of Florida

Started by cram224, March 03, 2018, 03:17:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cram224

Who did CMA recruit instead of Allen? Thompson and Beard is the only 4 year players on the roster. Was Allen somebody that CMA had to play "the game" in recruiting him? What was the connection to Florida? Kid had a good career.

Breems

We recruited him hard. He was obviously set on FL since he stayed even after Donovan left. Not sure of the connection.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

labb

He let it be known early on that he was not considering the Razorbacks.

TushCrush

Isn't Allen the guy who got upset because they served cold cuts during his visit?

k.c.hawg

Career 34% 3 point volume shooter with a career 10 pt average. I never lose any sleep over us not getting that guy. He would be a good 7th or 8th man if he didn't shoot so much.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Quote from: k.c.hawg on March 03, 2018, 03:48:27 pm
Career 34% 3 point volume shooter with a career 10 pt average. I never lose any sleep over us not getting that guy. He would be a good 7th or 8th man if he didn't shoot so much.
Much better player than the one we got out of NLR.

rude1

Quote from: Breems on March 03, 2018, 03:23:57 pm
We recruited him hard. He was obviously set on FL since he stayed even after Donovan left. Not sure of the connection.
Was no connection. It was known early on KA wanted to leave the state to play his ball, just happened he picked Fl. to do that. Staff gave it a try but he was pretty consistent about this even before his senior season.

Pigasaurus

Step dad was involved if I remember correctly.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

k.c.hawg

March 03, 2018, 04:16:54 pm #8 Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 08:27:35 pm by k.c.hawg
Quote from: Karma on March 03, 2018, 03:49:17 pm
Much better player than the one we got out of NLR.

One wanted to come here and the other didn't. Give me the one that wants to be here
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Leadbelly

Quote from: k.c.hawg on March 03, 2018, 04:16:54 pm
One wanted to come here and the other didn't. give me the one that wants to be there.

Well Hell! We got him!🤯
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Hog_Fink

has had a lackluster season, but he lit it up last year in March madness. went off for 34 or something one game

cram224

It's sad that Thompson and Beard are the only 4 year Sr. on team. Maybe it's not that bad of a deal to get one and done's.

SPAL

Quote from: TushCrush on March 03, 2018, 03:38:56 pm
Isn't Allen the guy who got upset because they served cold cuts during his visit?

That was KJ "cookie cake" hill.

bkjbearcat

We recruited him hard. He was obviously set on FL since he stayed even after Donovan left. Florida recruited him better. Not sure of the connection.

Fixed it for you.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

bkjbearcat

Quote from: k.c.hawg on March 03, 2018, 04:16:54 pm
One wanted to come here and the other didn't. give me the one that wants to be there.

You have to convince the ones who aren't sure to come here. It's called recruiting. Something MA isn't good at.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: cram224 on March 03, 2018, 03:17:58 pm
Who did CMA recruit instead of Allen? Thompson and Beard is the only 4 year players on the roster. Was Allen somebody that CMA had to play "the game" in recruiting him? What was the connection to Florida? Kid had a good career.
No Allen. No Monk. If Calipari was at Arkansas, both would have played for the Hogs.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

panhandlepig

It seems like that kid has played for Florida for years. Has it only been 4? I dont have anything against him. Well, except he played for Florida. Glad to see him go. I wish him well in his future endeavors.   

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: bkjbearcat on March 03, 2018, 07:38:22 pm
You have to convince the ones who aren't sure to come here. It's called recruiting. Something MA isn't good at.
Some kids want to leave home to go to college. It's not supernatural.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on March 03, 2018, 07:43:30 pm
Some kids want to leave home to go to college. It's not supernatural.

Neither is being a good salesman. Not every team that who gets elite players cheat.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rude1 on March 03, 2018, 04:05:23 pm
Was no connection. It was known early on KA wanted to leave the state to play his ball, just happened he picked Fl. to do that. Staff gave it a try but he was pretty consistent about this even before his senior season.

Pelphrey recruited Allen while at Arkansas. Pelphrey recruited Allen while at Florida.

AHiD

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 03, 2018, 07:39:03 pm
No Allen. No Monk. If Calipari was at Arkansas, both would have played for the Hogs.

Perhaps, and we'd also be sanctioned heavily
My name...is Jerruh

98hogs

BigNasty

Maybe, and then Arkansas would also currently be on the list of schools in the FBI report. 

cram224

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on March 03, 2018, 11:25:26 pm
Perhaps, and we’d also be sanctioned heavily
We would also have a new Natty banner and a couple more final fours. I'd take that in a heartbeat.

(notOM)Rebel123

Then why didn't Allen have an offer from Cal to go to Kentucky?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

rude1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on March 03, 2018, 11:24:26 pm
Pelphrey recruited Allen while at Arkansas. Pelphrey recruited Allen while at Florida.
Pelphrey wasn't at Fl. when he went there though was he? Don't know myself, just know his plan was to leave the state.

Razorbackers

Quote from: labb on March 03, 2018, 03:31:11 pm
He let it be known early on that he was not considering the Razorbacks.

Which is why no one really has a problem with him going out of state, unlike other players.

hawgfan4life

He made it clear he wanted to go elsewhere and he committed to FL.  When their coach went to the NBA, they made strong overtures to UA to come talk if interested.  AR came and talked and KA wanted to visit with the new coach first and did.  All prior comments was about playing for a proven coach when it was BD over MA and then he went with an unproven coach.  It was all pretty shady at the time.  Seemed to be a business decision.

Pumbaa

Quote from: cram224 on March 03, 2018, 03:17:58 pm

Beard and Thompson are not in the same class as Allen. Allen is a year younger so I'm not sure why those two were brought up here?

Fan701

I don't really get this thread.  If K. Allen were a Razorback, I have no doubt that there would be hate threads devoted to him just as there are for some of our other players.  His stat line for this year is only marginally better than much-complained-about Anton Beard's, a valuable player for us who gets kicked daily on this site.  Allen takes almost ten shots per game and hits only 37% of them (Beard takes a little more than eight and hits a little over 39% of them.)  Their three point percentage is similar (33.7% vs. 32.4%).  Granted, Allen is a great free throw shooter. 

Leadbelly

Quote from: BigNasty on March 04, 2018, 07:03:14 am
Maybe, and then Arkansas would also currently be on the list of schools in the FBI report.

Amen! I'll take that trade off a any day! Cal the Crook!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Leadbelly

Quote from: Fan701 on March 04, 2018, 04:28:15 pm
I don't really get this thread.  If K. Allen were a Razorback, I have no doubt that there would be hate threads devoted to him just as there are for some of our other players.  His stat line for this year is only marginally better than much-complained-about Anton Beard's, a valuable player for us who gets kicked daily on this site.  Allen takes almost ten shots per game and hits only 37% of them (Beard takes a little more than eight and hits a little over 39% of them.)  Their three point percentage is similar (33.7% vs. 32.4%).  Granted, Allen is a great free throw shooter.

Huh? I wonder what Allen's arrest record looks like?

sadhogfan

Yep.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: rude1 on March 04, 2018, 02:17:18 pm
Pelphrey wasn't at Fl. when he went there though was he? Don't know myself, just know his plan was to leave the state.

Pelphrey was there when he signed.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on March 04, 2018, 02:14:11 pm
Then why didn't Allen have an offer from Cal to go to Kentucky?
I did not say Cal would get Allen at KY. I said if Cal were HC at Ark, Ark would have gotten Allen. Please God, help these people read with comprehension.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

GuvHog

Be serious. KeVaughn Allen torched the Hogs every time the Hogs played Florida.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Fan701

Quote from: GuvHog on March 04, 2018, 05:53:25 pm
Be serious. KeVaughn Allen torched the Hogs every time the Hogs played Florida.
So the statistics for the season that I quoted are incorrect because he had a very good game against us?  One game outweighs the season's work somehow?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: Leadbelly on March 04, 2018, 04:32:40 pm

Huh? I wonder what Allen's arrest record looks like?
You're a piece of darn. Find a new team to pull for you gutless coward.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 04, 2018, 05:19:28 pm
I did not say Cal would get Allen at KY. I said if Cal were HC at Ark, Ark would have gotten Allen. Please God, help these people read with comprehension.
Of course, he would've paid him and forged his ACT score if need be. Idiot.