Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

game two against No Col

Started by flippinhogmana, March 02, 2018, 05:34:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

This game is scheduled to start at 6:30 (to allow for a full game) but since this game was run ruled I am not sure what time it will start, but probably before six thirty.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

March 02, 2018, 06:19:30 pm #1 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:10:22 pm by flippinhogmana
the hogs lineup will be the same for the second game as the first with the exception of Mary Haff being in the circle.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

game on.
Haff strikes out the first batter.
and the second.
and the third.  Hogs coming to bat in the botttom of the 2nd.

flippinhogmana

Buczek with an infield single to short
McEwen takes an 0-1 pitch out of the park for her 22 and 23rd rbis.  Hogs up 2-0
Malkin and then Green both ground out to 3rd. Two down for Diaz who flies out to end the inning, hogs take the field for the top of the second, 2-0

flippinhogmana

March 02, 2018, 06:50:26 pm #4 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:12:27 pm by flippinhogmana
Haff has now struck out the first four, one down
next batter flies out to center
third batter walks after working a full count
but Haff makes it five Ks with the next batter.
To the bottom of the second, 2-0 hogs

flippinhogmana

AJ Belans leads of the bottom half of the inning, she gets behind in the count and grounds out
Kryzsko works a full count and then doubles to left,
Cooper up, grounds out to second, Kryzsko advances to third with two down
Bugarin triples to right center, 3-0 hogs
Top of the order up now, Buczek grounds out.
to the top of the third.

flippinhogmana

1st batter grounds out to 3rd
2nd batter strikes out for Haff's 6th K
3rd batter makes it 7 Ks.  To the bottom of the 3rd.

Bacons Rebellion

flippin, I'm sitting here in Virginia without any power from a windstorm, in the dark, waiting for updates, so your efforts are not unappreciated

flippinhogmana

March 02, 2018, 07:19:43 pm #8 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:14:15 pm by flippinhogmana
McEwen will lead off the inning, gets an infield single to 3rd (a bunt) for her second hit and now she too is hitting over .400
Malkin gets behind in the count and doubles down the lf line, runners at 2nd and third for Green,
Green also gets behind in the count 1-2 as did Malkin, and she takes over the home run lead with her 4th, a three run shot to left center, 6-0 hogs with Diaz coming to bat, nobody out.
Ashley grounds out to short on a 3-1 count.
Belans up with one down, nobody on, she singles through the left side on a 1-0 pitch.
Krzysko falls behind 0-2 and then is hbp, Belans advances to second, two on, one out for Cooper, hitting at below two hundred for the year,
Tori gets ahead 3-0, and then goes to a full count, then flies out to lf, two down for Bugarin
Haydi pops to short to end the inning, hogs up 6-0 to the top of the fourth.

flippinhogmana

you are most welcome in virginia in the dark!
Manzo replaces Buczek at third, Parr in LF for Cooper, but Cooper hitting at .100 stay in at dp (presumably to get her more at bats to work out of her slump)
Haff uncharacteristically walks the leadoff hitter off a full count.
Next batter flies out to LF
3rd batter (cleanup hitter, their best hitter) gets behind 0-2 and strikes out swinging for Haff's 8th K.
Two down, next hitter doesnt get a chance to hit because Green guns down the runner trying to steal.

To the bottom of the fourth, hogs up 6-0

flippinhogmana

Manzo will lead off the inning, she is hitting .600 in her limited opportunities on the year.
Aly faces a new pitcher, she grounds out to 1B, McEwen up.
Hammerin Hannah is yet to be retired, she pops to 2nd base on the first pitch however
Two down for Parr who is also hitting .600 on the year (scratch that, .545, she made an out in the first game)
Sydney works a full count and then is retired by the catcher unassisted.  To the top of the 5th, Haff hasnt given up a hit so far, so she will probably continue to pitch.

flippinhogmana

Indeed she is shown to still be in the circle.  Mary gets ahead 1-2 and then rings up her 9th K.
Next batter grounds out unassisted to Diaz.
3rd batter gets ahead 3-0, then walks (Haff's third) on four pitches.
Next batter falls behind 1-2, then becomes Haff's tenth strike out victim.

I would like to see us score two here to end it at five.

Bacons Rebellion

flippinhogmana

Green up, hitting an even .400 on the year.  She homered last at bat.  Kayla grounds out to 3rd on a 1-1 pitch, one down. 
Diaz up, 0-2 on the day, but still hitting over .400 (.452) on the year, Ashley grounds to ss on a 2-1 pitch.  Two down for AJ Belans.  AJ gets behind 0-2 and then grounds out to 3b on a 1-2 count.

This pitcher hasnt given up a hit in the two innings she has worked since she came in. 

Hogs up 6-0 to the top of the 6th, presumably Haff will still be in the circle. 

flippinhogmana

Haff is still in the circle.  Mary is losing some of her sharpness, gets behind 2-0, fights back to a full count on the hitter and then gets her on a liner to Manzo at third.
Back to the top of the order where Mary will face five straight .300 plus hitters, but she has retired them all before.
2nd hitter gets ahead 3-1, now full, and walks, Mary's fourth given up on the day.
Next batter falls behind 0-2, then strikes out looking for Mary's 11th K.  Two down, runner on first.
Mary gets ahead 1-2, and strikes her out swinging to retire the side.  Mary may be struggling a bit but she reached down on the last two hitters to find her best stuff.  To the bottom of the 6th.

Bacons Rebellion

You did it, Flippin. our power is back!

flippinhogmana

Loren Kryzsko will lead it off for the hogs.  Loren flies out to CF on a 1-1 count.
Cooper doubles down the rf line, one on in scoring position, one out for Bugarin.
Haydi singles to lf, Cooper to third, for the top of the order
Aly Manzo was hitless last time, but could be the heroin here, she (Bugarin steals second) falls behind 1-2, and fights back to a 2-2 count and then doubles, Cooper scores, 7-0 hogs, runners on 2nd and third with still just one out for McEwen.  Seems fitting that McEwen would be up here.
Hammerin Hannah singles in two for her 24th and 25th RBIs and thats ballgame and Haff has her first Razorback nohitter!

flippinhogmana

March 02, 2018, 08:05:43 pm #17 Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:18:17 pm by flippinhogmana
 credit to Coach D, Haff and McEwen (and all the rest of the girls, way to go Lori Cooper, keep swingin!)

Bacons Rebellion

Another good game. Thanks for the pbo.

flippinhogmana

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/GR_4657.jpg

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Capping the Razorbacks' second win of the day, freshman Mary Haff tallied the seventh no-hitter in program history in a 9-0, six-inning triumph over Northern Colorado. Haff matched her season high with 12 strikeouts and benefitted from a pair of home runs from fellow freshmen Kayla Green and Hannah McEwen. Arkansas began its weekend with a 12-3 victory over Dartmouth.

"Mary has been knocking on that door for a couple of games now," head coach Courtney Deifel said. "To see her finally get the no-hitter today was really exciting. Offensively, it seems like every game we're seeing someone new step up and produce for us. I really liked the way we played in both games today."

Game 1: Arkansas 12, Dartmouth 3 (5 inn.) | Box Score

Game 2: Arkansas 9, Northern Colorado 0 (6 inn.) | Box Score

Up Next
Day two of the Razorback Invitational features Arkansas' second game of the weekend against Dartmouth with first pitch at 4 p.m. (CT) with the team's first-ever meeting with Central Connecticut State to follow. Both games will be streamed through SEC Network+ and the WatchESPN app.

Between the two games, McEwen finished the day with five hits, eight RBI and three runs scored. She leads the team with 25 runs driven in and is second in the lineup with her .444 batting average. During her current nine-game hitting streak, she has seven multi-hit efforts.

Haff's no-hitter is Arkansas' first since the 2014 season when Grace Moll blanked Eastern Michigan. She struck out the first four hitters she faced and Northern Colorado didn't advance a runner to second base at any point in the game. In the fourth, Haff walked the lead-off hitter but after a fly out and strikeout, Green threw out the runner trying to steal second. Haff is now 7-0 on the season.

Arkansas No-Hitters
Tammy Kincaid and Rachel Talley vs CSUN – Feb. 19, 2000 (W, 1-0)
Jennifer Bottoms vs Ohio State – March 4, 2000 (W, 2-0)
Katy Henry vs Centenary – March 5, 2006 (W, 1-0)
Kimmy Beasley vs Savannah State – March 21, 2013 (W, 10-0)
Hope McLemore and Chelsea Cohen vs Kentucky – April 20, 2013 (W, 4-0)
Grace Moll vs Eastern Michigan – Feb. 21, 2014 (W, 13-0)
Mary Haff vs Northern Colorado – March 2, 2018 (W, 9-0)

In Arkansas' first game of the day, neither team scored in the first inning but Dartmouth broke through with three runs in the top of the second. The Razorbacks' offense responded with 12 unanswered runs over the next two innings. Each player in the lineup had at least one hit or one runs scored. Arkansas has scored at least five runs in five innings this season including the team's five-run second and seven-run third against the Big Green.