Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Every once in while.....

Started by razorhead5, December 14, 2017, 05:30:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhead5

I wish I could go back in time and tell Ken Hatfield to play Steve Atwater at QB...pretty sure Steve played QB in high school and had the exact measurements as Cam Newton ....can you imagine Steve running the wildcat?

Boardon Hamsay

I'd go back in time and buy more bitcoin.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

LZH

I'd go back in time and stay there.....

rickm1976

Not sure about where you're coming from, but that aside, sCam and Steve are not near the same size.  Newton is taller and heavier.  Steve is much meaner.

HogPharmer

I'd go back in time and take that preventative dose of penicillin
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 14, 2017, 05:38:08 pm

Surely a salve or a balm of some sort would help in the current timeline.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

theFlyingHog

I'd go back in time and bang that chick with the DDs. Sorry, Alicia...

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: razorhead5 on December 14, 2017, 05:30:24 pm
I wish I could go back in time and tell Ken Hatfield to play Steve Atwater at QB...pretty sure Steve played QB in high school and had the exact measurements as Cam Newton ....can you imagine Steve running the wildcat?

Wasn't around when Atwater played.  D. Nutt invented it several years later.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 14, 2017, 05:41:27 pm
Surely a salve or a balm of some sort would help in the current timeline.

More like super glue and a sewing kit.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Bacons Rebellion

I'd go back in time and tell Frank to just kick the damn field goal.

kennypig

I heard back then that Atwater's passes looked like wounded ducks. So a move to safety was inevitable. Good move.

snoblind

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on December 14, 2017, 05:51:13 pm
Wasn't around when Atwater played.  D. Nutt invented it several years later.

To be historically accurate that person would be Pop Warner.  I guess Don Hutson gets credit for being the first spilt end.

:)

Chorizo Hogriguez

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 14, 2017, 05:34:39 pm

I'll even take 1996 and two years of AOL stock

I'm not greedy

Chorizo Hogriguez

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Inhogswetrust

I wish I could go back and ask the same question Frank did................where the heck were the linebackers?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

razorhead5

6'5"...230lbs...calves like Superman

RzrbkRat

I'd go back in time and tell Stoerner to take a knee.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 14, 2017, 05:43:53 pm
I'd go back in time and bang that chick with the DDs. Sorry, Alicia...
She wasn't that good.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

razorhead5

I'd would go back in time and tell Reggie Fish......

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

WJBilly

Quote from: Chorizo Hogriguez on December 14, 2017, 07:35:34 pm
I'll even take 1996 and two years of AOL stock

I'm not greedy
I am greedy, I'd go back to 1970 and buy a 100 shares of walmart stock.

jneal56

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 14, 2017, 05:34:39 pm

I bought $100 worth when it first came out. Sold it when it tripled and thought I had beat the system! Could've had my own row of luxury boxes had I left in there.
"At least we are moral"

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

My parents were invited to invest in a small company named Google. They passed thinking a company with a weird name like that would never last long. Well, we know how that turned out
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Dirty

I would go back and not owe 100 grand to a fat-ass loan shark which I spent on a stripper named Molly Mounds.

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

I'd go back to April 1, 2012 and take BP fishing.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Aunt_Razorback

sickboy

Quote from: razorhead5 on December 14, 2017, 07:45:03 pm

Steve Atwater wasn't 230 pounds. He was maybe 215. And definitely wasn't 6'5"

Edit: According to his wiki page he was 6'3" / 218. Me thinks someone is thinking of the legend of Steve Atwater, rather than the actual Steve Atwater.

JONAS

I'd go back in time and tell Frank Broyles to kick the FG against Texas in 1969.

hammy davis jr

I'd go back in time and tell McFadden to wear steel toed boots when he goes to the club.

Melancholy_Pigg

Speaking of kicking field goals the 2005 Texas game comes to mind.

RedBird5

Quote from: sickboy on December 14, 2017, 10:21:38 pm

Edit: According to his wiki page he was 6'3" / 218. Me thinks someone is thinking of the legend of Steve Atwater, rather than the actual Steve Atwater.

Still driving that Mack Truck though

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: razorhead5 on December 14, 2017, 05:30:24 pm
Christian Okoye would have been a lot happier if Steve had played QB.

sickboy

Quote from: RedBird5 on December 14, 2017, 11:39:56 pm
Still driving that Mack Truck though

Yes, sir. I think Atwater was right where he needed to be. Thumping was in his blood.

Tejano Jawg

Whoever goes back through the time portal, tell Atwater to hang on to that pick (vs Miami/Steve Walsh).
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

oldhog63

Quote from: razorhead5 on December 14, 2017, 07:45:03 pm
He wasn't that big, but even as a freshman he stood out. I was a senior when him and Wayne Martin were red shirting. It was obvious even then that both of those guys would be outstanding players.

masbas3

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 14, 2017, 05:38:08 pm

You trying to tell us somthin'?  ;D

masbas3

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 15, 2017, 02:12:52 am
Whoever goes back through the time portal, tell Atwater to hang on to that pick (vs Miami/Steve Walsh).

Agreed, hit him right on the numbers.  Still, all in all, Atwater and Ronnie Lott were my favorite all time players at their positions that "brought that wood".

LRHawg

Quote from: razorhead5 on December 14, 2017, 08:46:43 pm

Just let it go Reggie... DO NOT TOUCH THAT $()$# FOOTBALL.

JONAS

Quote from: RzrbkRat on December 14, 2017, 08:13:43 pm
I'd go back in time and tell Stoerner to take a knee.

Or tell Joe Dean Davenport to catch the TE screen. 

JONAS

Quote from: razorhead5 on December 14, 2017, 08:46:43 pm

Or tell them to watch the fake punt.  Florida actually converted on a fake punt before having to punt again. 

rickm1976

Quote from: sickboy on December 14, 2017, 10:21:38 pm

Steve was an NFL size safety, who could have easily played LB, and had a heart to match.  One of the most feared safeties in the NFL, and one of the greatest Hogs ever.

JONAS

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 15, 2017, 02:12:52 am

Yep.  We would have been 11-0.

JONAS

Go back to 1966 Cotton Bowl and beat LSU.   We would have won back to back national championships.

HillBillyHogfan

Is this the same guy trying to say on twitter ( @WayneG56 ) that Atwater should get his jersey retired before Dmac?

Im sure Ken Hatfield knew that Quinn Grovey was a better dual threat QB than Atwater... that's why Atwater was a safety.
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Grunt

Quote from: WJBilly on December 14, 2017, 08:56:46 pm
I am greedy, I'd go back to 1970 and buy a 100 shares of walmart stock.
At a few pennies per share, you could have easily afforded 1000 shares (about $50) which would now be worth over 100 million.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

JONAS

Quote from: HillBillyHogfan on December 15, 2017, 10:29:55 am
Is this the same guy trying to say on twitter ( @WayneG56 ) that Atwater should get his jersey retired before Dmac?

Im sure Ken Hatfield knew that Quinn Grovey was a better dual threat QB than Atwater... that's why Atwater was a safety.

Yep, but didn't he start John Bland over Grovey in a few games?

sickboy

Quote from: rickm1976 on December 15, 2017, 10:23:14 am
Steve was an NFL size safety, who could have easily played LB, and had a heart to match.  One of the most feared safeties in the NFL, and one of the greatest Hogs ever.

I do recall. He was my favorite Hog of the 90's, without a doubt.

hawgon

Field goals?  I would go back and run Bo Mattingly out of Arkansas before he ever met Todd Lauterette.