Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Sexton client

Started by HogFanOSU, December 07, 2017, 01:07:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanOSU

Just curious, in 2 or 3 years or so, what school does Jimmy Sexton promote Chad Morris going to so he can get him a contract extension and raise at Arkansas?  My guess right now would be Auburn after they run off Gus.

GringoHog

Hahaha.  Doesn't sound unreasonable
"There are Lions, Tigers and Bears ,but there ain't but one Razorback!" - HDN The Great

PorkRinds

Why even mention this now? I'm warming up to the guy.

Holmes501

My guess is it would be this one.

Paul

Quote from: HogFanOSU on December 07, 2017, 01:07:35 pm
Just curious, in 2 or 3 years or so, what school does Jimmy Sexton promote Chad Morris going to so he can get him a contract extension and raise at Arkansas?  My guess right now would be Auburn after they run off Gus.
his alma mater of course.

hogsanity

You guys can hate Sexton all you want, but he must be dam& good at his job or he would not have over 1/3rd of all FBS head football coaches as clients.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

searkhogfan

I told my daughter during the press conference.  I wish he hadn't mentioned Sexton.  Because someone on HV will make a negative post about it.  I get to prove once again to my children. That Dad is always right. 

LRHawg

Sexton doesn't make any move his clients don't approve of ... but that doesn't mean he isn't in their ears about a raise!

If that happens, it means Morris has done well here.

The NewEra

I get the impression Yurachek will stay ahead of this.  He's the first AD in a while I can say that about.  Right now though, we just want to see wins.  We can only hope this is a concern and that if it is, he's already sold on making this his home long term. 

jkstock04

Quote from: HogFanOSU on December 07, 2017, 01:07:35 pm
A&M...seems logical. It's an interesting conversation I guess. Let's say Jimbo is over the hill and tanks at A&M while at the same time Chad Morris takes us to a couple nice seasons maybe even capping off a 10 win year the same year Jimbo takes a bow? A&M inevitably comes after him.

Ya that scenario I'd say would be a start the bidding war type of deal.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogsanity

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 07, 2017, 01:16:18 pm
A&M...seems logical. It's an interesting conversation I guess. Let's say Jimbo is over the hill and tanks at A&M while at the same time Chad Morris takes us to a couple nice seasons maybe even capping off a 10 win year the same year Jimbo takes a bow? A&M inevitably comes after him.

Ya that scenario I'd say would be a start the bidding war type of deal.

Morris is going to turn 50 during the next football season. If, in your scenario, he has built the Hogs into a 10 game winner in just 3 seasons, why would he want to go where Jimbo just flopped? Now, use that for leverage and a new deal, sure, but if he has made the Hogs a 10 game winner in just 3 years, PAY THE MAN!
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

searkhogfan

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 07, 2017, 01:18:00 pm
Until Mom comes home.....

I still got a few hours before she gets home.

razorhog52

A&M is locked into Jimbo for a while.

searkhogfan

Quote from: razorhog52 on December 07, 2017, 01:21:08 pm
A&M is locked into Jimbo for a while.

What will the Barners have to pay Gus. When they fire him in 2yrs.

HogPharmer

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 07, 2017, 01:22:58 pm

What will the Barners have to pay Gus. When they fire him in 2yrs.

Probably $35 million
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Sivad

AD Yurachek probably cringed at the Sexton mention in light of his previous comments about coaches' contracts.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The NewEra on December 07, 2017, 01:14:03 pm
I get the impression Yurachek will stay ahead of this.  He's the first AD in a while I can say that about.  Right now though, we just want to see wins.  We can only hope this is a concern and that if it is, he's already sold on making this his home long term. 

Exactly right and he said as much with his earliest public statements.  It was one of the reasons he replaced Long.

jkstock04

Quote from: hogsanity on December 07, 2017, 01:20:16 pm
Morris is going to turn 50 during the next football season. If, in your scenario, he has built the Hogs into a 10 game winner in just 3 seasons, why would he want to go where Jimbo just flopped? Now, use that for leverage and a new deal, sure, but if he has made the Hogs a 10 game winner in just 3 years, PAY THE MAN!
I said A&M because that's his Alma Mater...that'd be a weird situation. One way or the other the man would get paid bigtime in that situation. All purely hypothetical and not likely but just silly food for thought.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The Hawg Marshal

Not even going to worry about this for at least 3-4 years.

hog of steele

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 07, 2017, 01:08:19 pm
Why even mention this now? I'm warming up to the guy.

I like CM as much as anybody. But you have to know that Sexton will be Sexton.

Hugo Bezdek

NoogaHog

Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Donny2665

Non compete in Division would make this impossible!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Dwight_K_Shrute

I think logically if Morris goes anywhere due being successful here it would be back to Dallas (not to coach SMU or TCU).
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

ipigsooie

If he wins we can afford to keep him. If he doesn't we won't bother.

GolfnHog

Damn, the ink's barely dry on his contract and ya'll already worried about 3-6 years down the road. I just want to get a glimpse of what spring ball will look like.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

jesterzzn

People blame Sexton, buts it's on the coach. If the coach tells Sexton to keep him out of the coaching rumor mill, it would happen.  Sexton is good at the game, but he can only play when his client gives their consent.

JONAS

Quote from: searkhogfan on December 07, 2017, 01:11:07 pm
I told my daughter during the press conference.  I wish he hadn't mentioned Sexton.  Because someone on HV will make a negative post about it.  I get to prove once again to my children. That Dad is always right. 

I was thinking the same thing when he said his name.

PorkSoda

I'm curious what DC candidates are Sexton clients.

that should narrow the list of who we are looking at since sexton seems the be the hub of every major coaching change in college football.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jesterzzn

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 07, 2017, 06:38:15 pm
However, to play devil's advocate for a moment here, Sexton is in the position where he really does NOT need to mention any coach by name.  He (Sexton) can suggest a coach is looking for a new job and start an avalanche of contract renegotiations and extensions simply via innuendo.  This keeps the coach out of harm's way and profits Sexton at the same time. 

I disagree (well, not really, I do understand your point.  I simply think the blame lies with the coach's), saying nothing is saying everything.

If a coach wants to stay out of "harms way" all he has to do is cash his checks, win games, and get a raise every year.  The perception of Sexton as this master manipulator is just a reflection of the coaches he represents.  The majority of which are looking to maximize their pay for the amount of time they can keep their jobs (plus buyout of course).  Coaches are not planning to stay more than 5-7 years.

So in year three (sometimes year two), they allow Sexton to  "say nothing" so they can up that cheddar.  If they really planned to stay longer than 5-7 years, the smart play would be to immediately and decisively deny any and all rumors and accept a modest extension with a modest raise.  Crazy talk, I know.