Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Name 1 coaching hire the media has been critical of

Started by jaredkr, December 06, 2017, 04:52:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredkr

Of course the National Media will say good things. that's what they are supposed to do. Louisville wasn't even criticized by most of media when petrino was brought back.
I am Ray Finkel

Qadi999

They said we were crazy for hiring BP ...looks like they were right about that.

colbs

Paul

Quote from: colbs on December 06, 2017, 04:55:58 pm
Orgeon and Matt Luke come to mind.
don't remember reading criticism of the Matt Luke hire. 

zuko

Quote from: jaredkr on December 06, 2017, 04:52:21 pm
Of course the National Media will say good things. that's what they are supposed to do. Louisville wasn't even criticized by most of media when petrino was brought back.
What did Petrino do that was anybody's business except his own and his family

Razorpigg

Quote from: zuko on December 06, 2017, 05:00:30 pm

Lie to his boss and hire his mistress...

nesjunk

When we hired Petrino, they said he was a scum-sucking job hopper who didn't tell his NFL squad good-bye.  When we hired Bielema, they said he was nuts for leaving Wisconsin.  Those insults weren't really directed at us, but they implied BP had questionable character and Bret was crazy.

Hogwild

Quote from: colbs on December 06, 2017, 04:55:58 pm
Orgeon and Matt Luke come to mind.

Luke hire was praised by a lot of the media national.

Locally Coach O was loved by his local media, played a big part in getting him the jobs.  Lots of the fans weren't on board, but Coach O had the media pushing for him

hobhog

Nebraska caught heck for several of their last hires. Orgeron was frowned at. Jimbo leaving FSU grew flak. It happens.

hawg IQ

Quote from: Razorpigg on December 06, 2017, 05:03:21 pm
Lie to his boss and hire his mistress...
that what half the folks in power do at the u of a. Only thing is they prob lie to more  than just the boss. Most folks work their way up the ladder, we'll need I say more. I work there years, I know.
go hogs go !

hobhog

Quote from: hawg IQ on December 06, 2017, 06:08:50 pm
that what half the folks in power do at the u of a. Only thing is they prob lie to more  than just the boss. Most folks work their way up the ladder, we'll need I say more. I work there years, I know.

I hope it wasn't as an instructor......

regi

Lots,  of them.  Marcus Spears,  Mark Schlabaugh,  both critical of this hire.

hawg IQ

Quote from: hobhog on December 06, 2017, 06:12:04 pm
I hope it wasn't as an instructor......
as a matter of fact it's wasn't. Did/do  you ever work at the u of a- if not your opinion/ knowledge matters how ?
go hogs go !

NaturalStateReb

"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

Lanlord

hawg IQ

Quote from: Lanlord on December 06, 2017, 06:31:42 pm
Hired his mistress at UA was the biggest
think any body else ever did that up there. Not remember Hootie/ Donna ?
go hogs go !

WorfHog

Quote from: hawg IQ on December 06, 2017, 06:08:50 pm

I work there years, I know.  ;D

hawg IQ

go hogs go !

hawg IQ

Quote from: hawg IQ on December 06, 2017, 06:43:51 pm

listen firing BP prob a good thing, but how did that work out for the hog faithful ? We all felt that with BB . But jumping on here saying oh he hired his mistress like half the  folks on board here is doing , or has done the same thing and he lied to his boss. Hey go listen to any political speech .  Hear any lying there, but you condon it , if you voted for some of them. For pity sake congress is guilty also with that.
go hogs go !

The NewEra

Quote from: zuko on December 06, 2017, 05:00:30 pm

How about the entire team that was pre-season 8 or 5 in the nation that year and were depending on him to coach them?  The man's poor choices affected many, many lives in a negative way. 

elkhog

Petrino.  The NM had a fit when he came to AR.   They never gave us any love about him.  We were the nerd that took the head cheerleader to prom.
GO HOGS!!!

hawg IQ

Quote from: The NewEra on December 06, 2017, 06:57:01 pm
How about the entire team that was pre-season 8 or 5 in the nation that year and were depending on him to coach them?  The man's poor choices affected many, many lives in a negative way.
I agree you saying he made poor choices, that is true. But it was a family matter and if he actually violated his contract when he was caught in a lie.It might be a reason , Still J Long made the choice to fire him for that .   But if lying alone was a reason to fire, then you have to fire half of the u of a. In fact this past season BB lied to everyone about fixing the team issues concerning offense and defense.
go hogs go !

DeltaBoy

Bobby was hammered by the Media as others have said; here a few

Gerard Anthony "Gerry" Faust

And the guy Tinner tried to hire.

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jkstock04

Petrino to Arkansas.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wildhog

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 07, 2017, 02:26:22 pm
Petrino to Arkansas.

Hell we had ESPN "analysts" telling parents not to send their kids to Arkansas.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Razorbackers

Herm to ASU