Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 12:41:29 pm

GM

Started by Qadi999, December 03, 2017, 04:14:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Qadi999

Anyone else hearing the reports, Gus staying at Auburn for 5 years 7M per. multiple reports on another web site.

RebelliousHog

"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

alohawg

If true, HALLELUJAH!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: Qadi999 on December 03, 2017, 04:14:39 pm
Anyone else hearing the reports, Gus staying at Auburn for 5 years 7M per. multiple reports on another web site.

What website?

NuttinItUp

It is probably just from the tweet earlier from here:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=650474.0

Torqued pork

December 03, 2017, 04:20:21 pm #6 Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 04:30:22 pm by Torqued pork
Quote from: alohawg on December 03, 2017, 04:17:52 pm
If true, HALLELUJAH!
I would wait to see who we hire before celebrating.

notavol

Really Hope So. Guck Fus
In CBP I trust !

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Torqued pork on December 03, 2017, 04:20:21 pm
I would wait to see who we hire before celebrating.

This.^^^^

Hogman2

Who cares about Gus!  MOVE ON!

Muskliketusk

I hate it. totally heartbroken I give up.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

EulessHog

You heard it last... on HV.
Go Hogs Go!

buldozer

So Gus had no intentions of coming to AR, he just used the UA as a bargaining chip to bump his salary. He will be fired long before that 5 year agreement is up..... and he will never coach here now. This was his one and only chance and he thumbed his nose at us.

Leadbelly

Gus being Gus. Slime ball, played his home state again. I hope you Gus lovers will shut your pie holes! I honestly despise Gus, wanted Norvell. I should be happy, but I'm pissed Gus used us like a Kotex. Guck Fus!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

1highhog

Quote from: buldozer on December 03, 2017, 04:59:35 pm
So Gus had no intentions of coming to AR, he just used the UA as a bargaining chip to bump his salary. He will be fired long before that 5 year agreement is up..... and he will never coach here now. This was his one and only chance and he thumbed his nose at us.

This is not true at all, good grief. 

ShadowTheHedgehog

Depending on how the pieces fall, who we get as the AD/HC, and the results of the next 2-4 years, there may be some heads rolling on The Hill.

Leadbelly

Well, we'll...all you Gus bussers are now probably crying in your beers...uh I mean "sacrificial " wine. Now will you please sth up and move on! Used us, used the u of a and got what he set out to get. A raise and an extension!
Hire Norvell now! Screw Gus! Wait til he loses to LSU and Bama next year, they'll want to fire his ass again!
I Hate Gus!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

PorkSoda

Quote from: Leadbelly on December 03, 2017, 05:02:23 pm
Gus being Gus. Slime ball, played his home state again. I hope you Gus lovers will shut your pie holes! I honestly despise Gus, wanted Norvell. I should be happy, but I'm pissed Gus used us like a Kotex. Guck Fus!
I'm pretty sure he played auburn to the tune of 7 million.

they get stuck with an overpaid coach and we get to go after the next hot coach for a comparative bargain. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

1highhog

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 03, 2017, 05:08:52 pm

they get stuck with an overpaid coach and we get to go after the next hot coach for a comparative bargain. 

I know Gus and I never wanted him to be here like most on here wanted him to be.  Why pay that much for Gus when you can get a great young hot coach coming up like Norvell for a bargain price and see how he does here.

Al Boarland

Quote from: 1highhog on December 03, 2017, 05:11:28 pm
I know Gus and I never wanted him to be here like most on here wanted him to be.  Why pay that much for Gus when you can get a great young hot coach coming up like Norvell for a bargain price and see how he does here.

This. We have no business offering championship caliber money with the built in challenges the program faces. Better off spending less and taking a chance.

RideTillIDieHawg

Yep, Gus is still a spineless POS who does what's best for Gus. Just like when he bailed on the kids he recruited to Arkansas and never once said a word about what Nutt and his cronies were putting those kids through.

jcbville

He certainly has more than laid to rest "He loves Arkansas"  crap. Public slap in the face to Arkansas in that regard.

Hog Milanese

He is who we thought he was.

Hog Milanese

alohawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 03, 2017, 05:08:52 pm

We don't often agree, but when we do, we really do!
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Godfather

Quote from: Hog Milanese on December 03, 2017, 05:24:44 pm

You posting this in every thread?
WPS to the end.

Mellon Collie

Quote from: Mellon Collie on November 13, 2017, 01:24:31 pm
I feel as though Gus will leverage our interest in him to secure a lucrative extension at Auburn.

hamsam

Quote from: notavol on December 03, 2017, 04:32:31 pm
Really Hope So. Guck Fus

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

Sivad

Screw Malazahn.
He will end up being a pariah at both Auburn AND Arkansas.

tlmack

Showed his true colors again! All Gus bussers are now free to be Auburn fans!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

5 years my ass. First two game losing streak he'll be run out of town.

jmark

40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

farmhawg

Yep, all you guss lovers zip it.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

hawaiianhogster

Gus's team is the only team to beat the two teams, Who were both in first place nationally at the time they pounded them, from the SEC going to the N.C. playoffs. Looks like they have a good chance at that for the next 3 years or longer. We shall see.

hawaiianhogster

It doesn't matter who the head coach is but when you get the chance to land a good experienced SEC type of coach it suks when it doesn't go through.

Looks like you get what you want after all. No SECT or NC championship playoff berth ever. Whoooo pig sooie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring in the first loser, IF you can

jcharkansas

Many are disagreeing with this but I think it's right on... if he truly wanted to come home this was his one and only chance, looks like he did like several other coaches do and use one school to get a raise at their current school

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: jcharkansas on December 03, 2017, 06:06:07 pm
Many are disagreeing with this but I think it's right on... if he truly wanted to come home this was his one and only chance, looks like he did like several other coaches do and use one school to get a raise at their current school

Bingo. If he WANTED to be the Hogs coach, he'd have been the Hogs coach this year. But he wanted Auburn. He is who we thought he was, and it's time to move on.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

AirWarren

Quote from: tlmack on December 03, 2017, 05:33:00 pm

Yup!!!!!!

He is laughing at us right now.

Porkatarian out.......

dhizzle

Everyone calm down they wanted to fire him a few weeks ago. They will want to fire him again next year and when he is eventually fired he will not have a shot at Arkansas. The bridge has been burned.

Jimbob111

Quote from: Leadbelly on December 03, 2017, 05:02:23 pm

I was willing to accept him if he could win games but you're right, I can't abide the man. His voice alone oozes slimeball obsequisness.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

rickm1976

I swear, some of you all sound like jilted 16 year old girls.  Malzahn is obviously a great coach, but there are younger, possibly even greater coaches out there just waiting for a chance to prove themselves.  Unless he could have recruited a lot more and better talent, he would have had a hard time winning here, and 5 years from now, we would have all been talking about how big of a bust he had been.

rude1

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on December 03, 2017, 05:59:23 pm
Gus's team is the only team to beat the two teams, Who were both in first place nationally at the time they pounded them, from the SEC going to the N.C. playoffs. Looks like they have a good chance at that for the next 3 years or longer. We shall see.
Schedule was right, he got both those games at home, and Bama's defense was beaten up at LB. Next year,that Ga., and Bama games will be on the road for him. Don't see him winning those games next year, as we witnessed how different the Ga. game was for them when it wasn't at home.

Donny2665

I'm not sold on the sources of this! Believe only half of what you read, and nothing that you hear!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

KCRazorbackfan

$7.5 million/year for 5 years; Arkansas offered $50 million over 7 years.  Time for the morons making decisions on The Hill to move on.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

PorkSoda

Quote from: tlmack on December 03, 2017, 05:33:00 pm
Quote from: AP85 on December 03, 2017, 06:14:28 pm
Yup!!!!!!

He is laughing at us right now.

Porkatarian out.......
what I'm laughing at is all the gus haters that are suddenly mad he didn't come.

talk about showing your true colors

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

StanHog

This is why Petrino should have never been fired.
Everybody was worried about being a laughing stock. Well we would have been for a few weeks, if  we had kept him, but we were anyway.
Instead, we hire a couple of bafoons  and have been a laughing stock for six years now.
We would have also one about 30 more games over the last six years .

RazorNick

I can hear the "OH darn" jeers now if UCF beats Awbarn in the Peach Bowl

AirWarren

Can't wait for the confirmation to be released......

Paul Rhoads is your next Arkansas football head coach.