Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 commit

Started by samhog49, November 12, 2017, 09:34:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

samhog49

hearing good news from on our 2018 class. You heard it hear first. Go Hogs

Sow’sEar

samhog49

Just what I'm hearing tonight from the Sunshine state. I'll check my source.

samhog49

Big news for @coachneighbors and @RazorbackWBB as 2018 IMG/Mali Guard @23RokiaDoumbia commits! Big time get for the Hogs! Proud of you Ro! #bansheefam  🐗🏀💜

psycHOGlogist

Yup - Rokia Doumbia to the Hogs! #94 player in ESPN Top 100 - dynamic combo guard. Goes to IMG Academy this year, played AAU for the Banshees this past summer.

Really nice get for the Hogs!

3kgthog

This is why I tell everyone not to worry about highly rated girls leaving Arkansas. Wait two years and you'll see us in the same living room of players being chased by UCONN, Baylor, etc.

MN will be Jeff Long's best hire and we'll know it sooner rather than later.

Hogtied85

Quote from: samhog49 on November 12, 2017, 09:51:40 pm
Big news for @coachneighbors and @RazorbackWBB as 2018 IMG/Mali Guard @23RokiaDoumbia commits! Big time get for the Hogs! Proud of you Ro! #bansheefam  🐗🏀💜

Who else are we recruiting for this class???

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: Hogtired10 on November 12, 2017, 10:28:56 pm
Who else are we recruiting for this class???

No one that has not already signed with other schools.  We will look for a post player in the spring from JC probably if there is one that fits our needs.  We will really need one or two in 2019.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on November 13, 2017, 07:23:18 am
No one that has not already signed with other schools.  We will look for a post player in the spring from JC probably if there is one that fits our needs.  We will really need one or two in 2019.

Or three. ;-)

We will have a lot of good guards/wings on the roster in the next few years. We really need some bigs.

Not including the small forward-types (Swenson, Zimmerman):

Guards/Wings:
2018-19 (next year) -- Monk (4* Sr), Gaulden (5*RSo), Doumbia (4*Fr), Dungee (4*RSo), Mason (3* Jr, but All-Freshman SEC), Northcross-Baker (Sr), Spangler (So)

2019-2020 (two years): Gaulden (RJr), Doumbia (So), Dungee (RJr), Mason (Sr), Reece (4*, Fr), Spangler (Jr), plus who-ever else we may recruit in Reece's class (We are recruiting Kennedy Tucker from NLR, McKenna Warnock from Iowa, among others)

Posts (again, not including Swenson and Zimmerman, who will both be seniors next year):
2018-2019 (next year): Williams (Jr), Thomas (So), Stout (Jr), Weaver (So)
2019-2020 (two years): ^^ditto, add one year.

I like Thomas's athleticism and upside, and Williams is improving. But I think that both of them ceiling out at about Jhas Bowen levels of productivity (and they are not there yet). I loved Jhas Bowen, btw. She had the heart of a lion and was a great Razorback. But she was an undersize SEC post and much less effective against the elite conference posts (which are bigger now than they were when Jhas was playing). We need to upgrade there.

I really hope we can get a big body from JUCO this year.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on November 13, 2017, 07:23:18 am

most likely a transfer
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: flippinhogmana on November 13, 2017, 09:55:59 am
most likely a transfer

Hope it's a grad transfer, then, so that she/they can play next season.

hawg1221

It's official. Doumbia has signed with Razorbacks.

moses_007

Great news.  It's all in recruiting.