Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beverly clowning on Ball

Started by JayHog, October 20, 2017, 01:31:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

Although he doesn't always talk about being a Razorback - PB is pure Hog! Love this guy. He'd fit right in with Daryl Macon and Jaylen Barford.

greenEGnHAWGS

Was fun watching him shutting Ball down and picking his pocket all night. I just wish they'd get that camera out of LaVar's face. He's only relevant cuz ESPN keeps giving him free publicity.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

1highhog

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21086902/lavar-ball-fires-back-patrick-beverley-presumed-shot-lonzo-ball

The above is a good story to read, also read the comments, alot of people really like Beverley in the NBA community.

311Hog

Not sure where LaVar has been but Beverly is a house hold name in the NBA, his son is famous for the stupid things his dad says...

Hawg Red

Quote from: 311Hog on October 20, 2017, 10:48:33 am
Not sure where LaVar has been but Beverly is a house hold name in the NBA, his son is famous for the stupid things his dad says...

Weeellllll, his son was also a First-Team All-American as a freshman and led the NCAA in assists (also broke UCLA (!!!) single-season record for assists). You're selling Lonzo *just a little* short there. Perhaps as short as LaVar was selling Pat.

Breems

Things like this make sports fun.

The silver lining for Lonzo is he won't face that level of defense very often.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

311Hog

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 20, 2017, 10:52:06 am
Weeellllll, his son was also a First-Team All-American as a freshman and led the NCAA in assists (also broke UCLA (!!!) single-season record for assists). You're selling Lonzo *just a little* short there. Perhaps as short as LaVar was selling Pat.

I am not saying he isn't a good basketball player, but one did it all nba 1 st team defense the others stats are in college, huge gulf inbetween those things.

This is more in the vein of some American's ideology though that "richer is better".  Because i am sure Ball is richer than Beverly or at least his Dad thinks/trying to portray that he is.

riccoar

I think Patrick's having a hard time holding those alligators down.  Straight clowned LaVar and Lonzo.

daprospecta

I never realized how small Lonzo was until I watched him against starters last night.  I think he will be good but he has got to get bigger.  Jason Kidd had size and I think that was one of the contributing factors of him being as good as he was.

Hawg Red

Quote from: 311Hog on October 20, 2017, 12:08:24 pm
I am not saying he isn't a good basketball player, but one did it all nba 1 st team defense the others stats are in college, huge gulf inbetween those things.

This is more in the vein of some American's ideology though that "richer is better".  Because i am sure Ball is richer than Beverly or at least his Dad thinks/trying to portray that he is.

How good Beverley is has nothing to do with claiming Lonzo is only known for the stupid things his dad says (ironic).

311Hog

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 20, 2017, 02:09:00 pm
How good Beverley is has nothing to do with claiming Lonzo is only known for the stupid things his dad says (ironic).

It does.  Dude's dad tried to shout Beverley down because he wasn't a lottery pick, probably doesn't have a multi million dollar shoe deal, and surely didnt when he first came into the league.  But i am sure Beverly is now doing quiet well financially, and Lonzo is a rookie with no NBA accomplishment behind him except his dad talking trash. Sure he had a good freshman year at UCLA but that means almost nothing in terms of NBA accomplishment especially when you put it up against Beverly's resume.

HamIAm

LOL at that CJ Fogler tweet:   
Snoop on Lonzo: "His father put him in a lion's den with some pork chop drawers on"

Sed76

Gonna be a long year for Lonzo thanks to his old man's mouth. Kid is going to have a target on his back every game.

Birminghog

The dad is a user. The kid needs to separate himself from the dad ASAP.

HogFoo

Man i love Pats intensity.  I wish somehow Mike could get him in for a big game.  Say like when UK came or something like that.  Or even try to get Joe Johnson in for a game.  Lavar Balls big mouth is writing checks his son's ass can't cash!   And then they are trying to make some UGLYass shoe and pawn it off for $1000 for a weak wannabe generic shoe?  Lots don't like this kid because of his dad.  I'm sure the son wishes his dad would shut up.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

311Hog

i mean i get it, his Dad can't back up or back down now. When keepin it real goes wrong...

sickboy

Quote from: daprospecta on October 20, 2017, 01:22:42 pm
I never realized how small Lonzo was until I watched him against starters last night.  I think he will be good but he has got to get bigger.  Jason Kidd had size and I think that was one of the contributing factors of him being as good as he was.

I thought the same thing. Dude is thin. When Patrick Beverly chest bumps you and you go rolling across the floor, you need meat on your bones.

Ball is a really good rebounder and pass though. If he can get bigger and more aggressive on the scoring side, he's going to be a really good player.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 20, 2017, 10:52:06 am

No doubt...but you responded to the phrase "...Longo is famous because of his dad..." which is 100% true. Had he had a dad that was normal and didn't try to steal the show everywhere he went, Lonzo would be just like all the other rookies that are coming into the league.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

alohawg

Quote from: 1highhog on October 20, 2017, 10:46:01 am
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21086902/lavar-ball-fires-back-patrick-beverley-presumed-shot-lonzo-ball

The above is a good story to read, also read the comments, alot of people really like Beverley in the NBA community.

This one had me rolling.

Matt Ferrera Plymouth North High School
"Patrick Beverly would be the player who figuratively gave your son a wedgie, stuffed him in a locker, and took his lunch money last night."
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Hawg Red

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 20, 2017, 05:48:04 pm
No doubt...but you responded to the phrase "...Longo is famous because of his dad..." which is 100% true. Had he had a dad that was normal and didn't try to steal the show everywhere he went, Lonzo would be just like all the other rookies that are coming into the league.

He still would have been an All-American as a freshman, led the NCAA in assists as a freshman, set the single-season record for assists as a freshman and been the #2 overall pick in the draft. These are all things that draw attention to a player and none of them had a thing to do with his loud-mouth dad.

Would he be *as* famous, no. Of course not. But we're talking about a kid who went #2 overall in a draft class people have been talking about for a couple years. He would be "famous" the same way a player like Malik Monk is famous outside of Arkansas — by being a good basketball player on a big time program.

Hawg Red

Quote from: 311Hog on October 20, 2017, 02:21:12 pm
It does.  Dude's dad tried to shout Beverley down because he wasn't a lottery pick, probably doesn't have a multi million dollar shoe deal, and surely didnt when he first came into the league.  But i am sure Beverly is now doing quiet well financially, and Lonzo is a rookie with no NBA accomplishment behind him except his dad talking trash. Sure he had a good freshman year at UCLA but that means almost nothing in terms of NBA accomplishment especially when you put it up against Beverly's resume.

So....you are saying players can't become known on a national level because of their accomplishments in college? Hmm. So college football isn't popular? NCAA tournament not popular?

You've twisted this into what each player as accomplished (nevermind that Lonzo has only had the opportunity to play two real NBA games, and came an assist away from a triple double in his second game). That wasn't what drew my response here. People like you are unable to separate Lonzo Ball from his father.

hobhog

His dad causes me to hope he fails.....be fun to watch

The_Iceman

Well, he bounced back last night:

29 pts, 11 rebounds, 9 assists.

Most points in a players first road game since........Ron Brewer.

HawgsPolo

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 21, 2017, 08:54:15 am
Well, he bounced back last night:

29 pts, 11 rebounds, 9 assists.

Most points in a players first road game since........Ron Brewer.

Most definitely
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Hawg Red

Quote from: hobhog on October 21, 2017, 08:21:03 am
His dad causes me to hope he fails.....be fun to watch

That makes you a sad, little person. His dad should only cause you to think negatively of his dad.

JayHog

http://brobible.com/sports/article/lavar-ball-patrick-beverley-lonzo-2/

Hahaha. Beverley really got in his head if he is still talking about him even after they've played a whole different team (the Suns).

JayHog

Quote from: JayHog on October 21, 2017, 01:53:32 pm
http://brobible.com/sports/article/lavar-ball-patrick-beverley-lonzo-2/

Hahaha. Daddy Ball STILL talking about Beverley! Beverley really got in his head if he is still talking about him even after they've played a whole different team (the Suns).

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 21, 2017, 07:14:27 am
He still would have been an All-American as a freshman, led the NCAA in assists as a freshman, set the single-season record for assists as a freshman and been the #2 overall pick in the draft. These are all things that draw attention to a player and none of them had a thing to do with his loud-mouth dad.

Would he be *as* famous, no. Of course not. But we're talking about a kid who went #2 overall in a draft class people have been talking about for a couple years. He would be "famous" the same way a player like Malik Monk is famous outside of Arkansas — by being a good basketball player on a big time program.

No doubt. He had a lot of accomplishments as a college player. I'm not arguing that.

But where are the every day ESPN articles about Fultz? Who does everyone ask questions about...Fox? How many extremely talented top 5 players in the draft get breaking news lines on TV every time they eat a taco?

None.

Lonzo has 3 articles on ESPN right now...and 2 of the 3 are basically "Lonzo tweets a rap song" and "Who hates Lonzo?" Why? Cuz of his loudmouth dad. Nothing else. Yes. He had a great college career...but cmon. Don't be naive here. The Balls are polarizing. You either love them or hate them, which makes for great journalism. Cuz everyone is interested, and Lavar is famous cuz most hate him. Lonzo is the beneficiary of this publicity brought from his dad. 

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 21, 2017, 10:47:44 am
That makes you a sad, little person. His dad should only cause you to think negatively of his dad.

They are the young Kardashians of the NBA. I would hate to see this kind of family or player associated with this crowd take over the NBA. No doubt that is Lavar's goal. Lonzo is on the same team with his Dad. I too hope they fail for the sake of the NBA.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogwood on October 22, 2017, 09:06:48 am
They are the young Kardashians of the NBA. I would hate to see this kind of family or player associated with this crowd take over the NBA. No doubt that is Lavar's goal. Lonzo is on the same team with his Dad. I too hope they fail for the sake of the NBA.

If you've seen the other two Ball boys play, you wouldn't be worried about them taking over the NBA. Lonzo is the only NBA prospect among them. At least the only legitimate long-term NBA prospect. But, hey, if you're the kind of person that wants to see a kid fail because his dad is a loudmouth, I still say that's incredibly small of you. Judge people on their own actions.

Hawg Red

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 21, 2017, 10:42:19 pm
No doubt. He had a lot of accomplishments as a college player. I'm not arguing that.

But where are the every day ESPN articles about Fultz? Who does everyone ask questions about...Fox? How many extremely talented top 5 players in the draft get breaking news lines on TV every time they eat a taco?

None.

Lonzo has 3 articles on ESPN right now...and 2 of the 3 are basically "Lonzo tweets a rap song" and "Who hates Lonzo?" Why? Cuz of his loudmouth dad. Nothing else. Yes. He had a great college career...but cmon. Don't be naive here. The Balls are polarizing. You either love them or hate them, which makes for great journalism. Cuz everyone is interested, and Lavar is famous cuz most hate him. Lonzo is the beneficiary of this publicity brought from his dad.

I don't love or hate the Balls because I'm not weak-minded. I'm also not interested in any of them outside of Lonzo as a player because I feel like his game fits a new-age Showtime Laker feel. By about the 3rd dumb thing LaVar made the headlines for saying, I knew he was something to take off the radar. The rest of you feel for it hook, line and sinker. He wants you to not like him. You're helping him.

Of course Lonzo has benefitted from the publicity. My only point is that he's not only known for that. It's my opinion that without his dad's headlines, Lonzo would still be talked about more than the previous two #1 picks because he's not missing his rookie year and he didn't play at a nationally-irrelevant program like Washington. Being a Laker helps, too.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 22, 2017, 09:24:53 am
I don't love or hate the Balls because I'm not weak-minded. I'm also not interested in any of them outside of Lonzo as a player because I feel like his game fits a new-age Showtime Laker feel. By about the 3rd dumb thing LaVar made the headlines for saying, I knew he was something to take off the radar. The rest of you feel for it hook, line and sinker. He wants you to not like him. You're helping him.

Of course Lonzo has benefitted from the publicity. My only point is that he's not only known for that. It's my opinion that without his dad's headlines, Lonzo would still be talked about more than the previous two #1 picks because he's not missing his rookie year and he didn't play at a nationally-irrelevant program like Washington. Being a Laker helps, too.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the amount of exposure he would be getting if Lavar wasn't around. Head to head vs great players, Lonzo tends to disappear.

Also, I'm so glad you're not weak minded...but most angst toward Lavar isn't what he says or what he does, but instead about how much exposure he gets on national media for just being a blowhard. I can't turn on ESPN without an interview with him being discussed, and I'd rather not have to turn the channel just because I'd rather not be annoyed by his stupidity.

southarkhog06

I forsee a very messy falling out in a few years, possibly with a "father sues son" story.

hogwood

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 22, 2017, 09:18:09 am
If you've seen the other two Ball boys play, you wouldn't be worried about them taking over the NBA. Lonzo is the only NBA prospect among them. At least the only legitimate long-term NBA prospect. But, hey, if you're the kind of person that wants to see a kid fail because his dad is a loudmouth, I still say that's incredibly small of you. Judge people on their own actions.

Lonzo himself ignorantly dissed and discredited MJ as well as Kobe in some silly twitter barage... He's worthless in my book, too. Hopefully he'll straighten out, but until then I hope the vets hound him.

Hawg Red

Quote from: hogwood on October 23, 2017, 06:13:07 am
Lonzo himself ignorantly dissed and discredited MJ as well as Kobe in some silly twitter barage... He's worthless in my book, too. Hopefully he'll straighten out, but until then I hope the vets hound him.

I'm unaware of this, and that would definitely change my perception of him for sure.

Hawg Red

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on October 22, 2017, 07:03:02 pm
We'll have to agree to disagree on the amount of exposure he would be getting if Lavar wasn't around. Head to head vs great players, Lonzo tends to disappear.

Also, I'm so glad you're not weak minded...but most angst toward Lavar isn't what he says or what he does, but instead about how much exposure he gets on national media for just being a blowhard. I can't turn on ESPN without an interview with him being discussed, and I'd rather not have to turn the channel just because I'd rather not be annoyed by his stupidity.

Agree that Lonzo has not done well on the highest stages. I don't think he he was the #2 player in the draft, but he was pretty good overall as a freshman.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 23, 2017, 10:41:59 am
Agree that Lonzo has not done well on the highest stages. I don't think he he was the #2 player in the draft, but he was pretty good overall as a freshman.

Overall yes. He did well.

hobhog

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 21, 2017, 10:47:44 am

Whatever. His dad asked for it. Can't help it if he's a jerk and throws his kids under the bus for attention and money. I'll root against his kid if I want- it's all a big show, right?

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: hobhog on October 23, 2017, 08:46:33 pm
Whatever. His dad asked for it. Can't help it if he's a jerk and throws his kids under the bus for attention and money. I'll root against his kid if I want- it's all a big show, right?

The deal with Lavar is he is basically pimping out his sons for his own personal gain. If Lonzo begins to show all-star status, its his dad who wins. Yes...Lonzo will be rewarded for his efforts...but so will loudmouth Lavar. That's why people root against the Ball brothers.

Hawg Red

I guess I don't understand why it's so hard to tune out LaVar Ball and just view Lonzo through a separate lens. But let me prep you guys for the youngest boy. I think his name is LaMelo. He gives off a vibe that he is more like LaVar. And his game is the worst. He's the kid that scored like 92 points in a game last year and it was one of the grossest displays of basketball I've ever seen. He's the anti-Lonzo in terms of the way he plays the game. He plays like LaVar talks. So get ready to hate him if you don't already. The middle boy, I think, is quiet like Lonzo but his game doesn't really stand out. I think he's a 3-star and will be a freshman at UCLA this year.

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 24, 2017, 09:14:23 am
I guess I don't understand why it's so hard to tune out LaVar Ball and just view Lonzo through a separate lens. But let me prep you guys for the youngest boy. I think his name is LaMelo. He gives off a vibe that he is more like LaVar. And his game is the worst. He's the kid that scored like 92 points in a game last year and it was one of the grossest displays of basketball I've ever seen. He's the anti-Lonzo in terms of the way he plays the game. He plays like LaVar talks. So get ready to hate him if you don't already. The middle boy, I think, is quiet like Lonzo but his game doesn't really stand out. I think he's a 3-star and will be a freshman at UCLA this year.

Melo is also the one that Lavar pulled out of school because the coach told him he wouldn't be shooting 50+ times a game like last year.

It's a circus and a bummer for Lonzo and Leangelo but it's really all brought on by ESPN and FS1 having daddy on tv nearly every day.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 24, 2017, 09:14:23 am

I know about LaMelo. I watched the highlight tape where he shot like 5% on his 50 shots or something. And you're right, he's the anti-Lonzo. Lonzo looks to pass first while Melo looks to short first.

Again, I hate it for the kids that they can't just go out there and play ball...and enjoy the competition for what it is. Cuz Lavar is making it about the BBB that he is trying to create through his sons. Don't know if Melo even wanted to go to high school but daddy is doing what's best for his brand.