Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BC Juvenile

Started by justwinbaby., October 19, 2017, 10:48:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

justwinbaby.

Too early for the KD but anyone seen this horse at Del Mar Bolt D'Oro? Thoughts on the Juvenile?

jdelo77

That's usually a pretty open race ...

husker71

also normally my favorite race of the day(s)  except the Classic

kingoftherapids

Horse looks like the real deal.  Watched a work of his the other day and it was stupid good for a 2 year old.  Looked like an older colt the way he moved and covered the ground

heavylifting

In regards to the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf, don't let a horse named Beckford get by you.

He's coming over from Ireland. His trainer, Gordon Elliott (not the TV chef) is on something of a roll of late. He won 6 of 8 races at the recent Punchestown festival in Ireland and then sent a horse over to win a $125,000 race at the Far Hills steeplechase meet in New Jersey just this past Saturday. In his first year of training (10 years ago), he won the Grand National at Aintree with a longshot. So he knows how to win big races when least expected and he knows how to ship to America to win.

Not touting Beckford, not saying that Beckford is going to win. Just advising not to toss the horse simply because you don't recognize the trainer. 

kingoftherapids

lol number one rule. don't let any of the euros get by you

heavylifting

How about US Navy Flag in the Juvenile?

Do you think he has enough seasoning?

Not only does he have more starts (10) than any of his rivals, he has more starts than three of the runners in the Classic and as many as Arrogate.

I hope O'Brien is doing some work with him on acclimating to the turns at Del Mar. I doubt that any of the turns he encountered in Europe were as sharp, and he likes to run on the lead and breaks from the rail. If he blows the clubhouse turn, it could get messy.