Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Perhaps It's Long Past Time For Our HC To Act #Uncommon

Started by Vantage 8 dude, October 16, 2017, 05:50:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

I've tried my best to continue backing CBB due to the fact that he's our HC and if he's successful it means so is our program; however, the USCe game was the one that finally broke both my spirit and support. Many will say "I told you so" or "what took you so long"? And if that's the case I can live with it; as I said I will always try to support whoever's our HC because he's 'the man' that has the responsibility of leading the team.

With this in mind I've thought a lot about his oft quoted #uncommon theme. And while I can't argue with its intent toward our student/athletes when it comes to their approach to both their studies and personal lives, at some point I have to ask the question: Well Coach B, shouldn't you and your staff be held to the same standards? Shouldn't we as fans be able to expect that your approach to coaching, player development, recruiting, in game/half time adjustments and all the other measures by which you're judged/measured be held to the same high standards you expect of your team? When you look at the overall body of work-whether it be the miserable win/loss record(s), the lack of player development, the general lack of effort by many of the players, the regression in areas such as the offensive line, etc.- I truly have to question what's YOUR commitment to being #uncommon.

What also disturbs me are the remarks you continually make at your press conferences. Things like "we just aren't getting it done", "we're awfully young", "we're just a play or two away', "some of the guys just haven't developed" seem to be repeated over and over week-in and week-out in a never ending loop virtually every season. I honestly wonder why you don't just record a serious of such comments and play them via tape recorder. At least it would save you the time and effort of having to repeat them AND the presses' time at having to continually report such.

So I suppose in the end it comes back to what have YOU personally done to "walk the walk" rather than merely "talk the talk" when it boils down to fulfilling your responsibility of being an #uncommon as the head coach of the University of Arkansas. The Razorbacks have a LONG and PROUD tradition both as a program and as the flagship program of an equally great university and state. IMO we loyal fans are long past due receiving the quality program and leadership our loyal  support and faithful love deserve. If you can't deliver this result then perhaps it's time for you to do the truly #uncommon thing and resign so that we can move on to (hopefully) far better things.

Vantage 8 dude

October 16, 2017, 06:27:27 pm #1 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:41:38 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Surfing8 on October 16, 2017, 06:20:08 pm
Another long 'confession' from a self-important someone who's spent a lot of time on here bashing anyone questioning Bert.

So -

'We told you so'

'What took you so long'

Vantage 8 dude

October 16, 2017, 06:54:37 pm #2 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:41:05 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Surfing8 on October 16, 2017, 06:32:06 pm
What took you so long.

...and you're welcome.

Sundog

Another long 'confession' from a self-important someone who's spent a lot of time on here bashing anyone questioning Bert.

So -

'We told you so'

'What took you so long'

👍

The OTR

So -

'We told you so'

'What took you so long'

Vantage you're getting into it with everybody. Maybe you need to take a day or two off and go fishing or something to get your mind off things here. You're really taking all this too seriously. 

Good work, Surfing8.

Vantage 8 dude

October 16, 2017, 09:00:55 pm #6 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 09:40:39 am by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:54:19 pm
Vantage you're getting into it with everybody. Maybe you need to take a day or two off and go fishing or something to get your mind off things here. You're really taking all this too seriously. 

Good work, Surfing8.