Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bassmaster Elite Series Lake Dardanelle

Started by hogbud, May 31, 2017, 07:57:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogbud

The big boys will compete out of Lake Dardanelle State Park starting this Friday thru Monday.
This is a great chance to take a kid and meet some of the big names in bass fishing (KVD, Ike, Skeet, G-Man, etc.). Always pulling for an Arkie to win. Daily weigh-ins around 3:30pm. Good boost for local economy.

RazorBassin

Should be a tough tournament with the chocolate milk river, but they should still find some big ones.  Looking forward to hearing the weights.  I wish I could go up and watch the weigh ins, but duty calls this weekend.

hogbud

According to many reports the biggest obstacle anglers are dealing with is......
Buffalo Gnats

hogbud

KVD leads after day 1 with a little over 19lbs. Stetson Blaylock (Benton) is 12th and Fred Roumbanus (London) in 20th place are top Ark anglers.

hogbud

Day #2 Results - Mt. Ida's Mark Davis made big move today and is leading KVD by about 2 lbs.
Stetson Blaylock is 8th and Mike McClelland (Bella Vista) is 16th.

riccoar

Leaderboard going into today's final day

hogbud

Final Results:
1. Steve Kennedy 63lbs/12oz
2. Mark Davis 62/2
3. KVD 60/11
Lake Dardanelle held up very well for tough weather conditions and high water.

RazorBassin

16 lbs a day in those conditions is phenomenal!  We went up for Sunday's weigh, took a boat paddle with us and my son got over 30 autographs and a picture with each Pro that signed.  He was stoked!  Great group of guys, especially Ike and G-man.  Both were great with the fans, especially the kids.  Also seen Jordan Lee give a kid a rod and reel....class act!

RazorBassin

riccoar

Watched a little bit yesterday.  Kennedy was fishing wayyy up the river

010HogFan

RazorBassin

Wildhog

Good friend of mine from high school is a rookie on the FLW tour this year.  No idea if he was in this tournament, though.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Saw a video where KVD didn't catch anything all day and then put 5-6 good sized fish in the boat in a matter of a few minutes.

hogbud

Quote from: Wildhog on June 20, 2017, 02:37:41 pm
Good friend of mine from high school is a rookie on the FLW tour this year.  No idea if he was in this tournament, though.

Impossible to fish both tours now due to schedule conflicts. Seems Bassmaster Elite series is what many strive for now as numerous FLW sticks have jumped to Elite series. One main reason is Elite anglers do not have to deal with co-anglers in boat.

RazorBassin

Neither do FLW pros.  The biggest reason now is sponsorships.  BASS allows anglers to pick their title sponsor where FLW kind of assigns one, or so I have been told.  I think that anglers cut their teeth and make relationships in FLW and then, when they think they are ready, use those relationships to finance their Elite career.