Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mincey is a Hog

Started by Pig Power, July 25, 2017, 03:50:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig Power

Vantage 8 dude

Great news! WPS and welcome to the family young Mr. Mincey.

ricepig

scooby21322

These twitter accounts make it hard to figure out who the player actually is. 

BigSexyHog

This the DE from Georgia?
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ricepig

ricepig

My only concern is a late Georgia offer, but a very good offer list.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I love this offer list from a small school kid.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ckhawgu

WPS!!! Welcome aboard young man!

King Kong

Excellent get. John Scott Jr can recruit

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: BigSexyHog on July 25, 2017, 04:08:40 pm
Crystal Ball was way off.....lol

Not over yet, unfortunately.

The_Iceman

tophawg19

how does this kid have that low of a rating and yet have that many big time offers ? the 99th ranked in Georgia ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

rljjr

Great pickup and happy to have him.

What impact does this have on Fulwider?

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on July 25, 2017, 04:28:59 pm
how does this kid have that low of a rating and yet have that many big time offers ? the 99th ranked in Georgia ?

He plays at a very small school and really has just been the best player on the field. He's still very raw, but obviously lots of schools see the upside.

ricepig

Quote from: rljjr on July 25, 2017, 04:53:41 pm
Great pickup and happy to have him.

What impact does this have on Fulwider?

I think it means they think Fulwider has others ahead of us, my guess.

hawginbigd1

Wow how many mid-week one day visits end up in a commit from someone this highly rated? I thought last week when I read about it......eh probably not much to it. Surprised to say the least. Did not realize he was bringing a couple natives with him.

Tusks

Quote from: ricepig on July 25, 2017, 04:56:35 pm
I think it means they think Fulwider has others ahead of us, my guess.

Too bad, you can't teach a 6-7 frame.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

1highhog

Welcome to Razorback Nation Mr. John Mincey, WPS!!!

TheRazorback500

Great to hear! Woo pig.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

tannerstahl

It was an incredible visit...we were all blown away by the coaching staff, players, and facilities ...now we gotta get our other stud to the hill so he can experience the same thing WOOOPIG

http://247sports.com/Player/Trezman-Marshall-94052
i love the hogs....so very very much

presidenthog

Quote from: tannerstahl on July 25, 2017, 06:08:07 pm
It was an incredible visit...we were all blown away by the coaching staff, players, and facilities ...now we gotta get our other stud to the hill so he can experience the same thing WOOOPIG

This is freaking huge. Dude was my #1 pick at DL.

Scott doing work. Big big time. I'm pumped.

Tom luginbill says john is a top 3 south Georgia guy

presidenthog

Quote from: tannerstahl on July 25, 2017, 06:08:07 pm

Also thank you for doing God's work sir. Looks like all that hard work to become a connection to us paid off. Keep molding and shaping those young men. You have been a great ambassador to arkansas.

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

The_Boot_stops_here

Like the size and offer list. Seems like a nice get.

Corkscrew Johnson

Offers from Florida, Auburn, LSU, and Tennessee.  Now we are talking. 

hawgdavis

Charles Johnson played at a small South Georgia school near Clinch County, he did pretty well

tannerstahl

https://twitter.com/coachtison/status/890218517362036738

We left the Hill around 3:30pm, drove all night and got back to Homerville at 6am, practice was at 7:30...Also the head coach gave him permission to skip today's practice but he was there early and ready to rock

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tannerstahl on July 26, 2017, 01:21:26 pm

We left the Hill around 3:30pm, drove all night and got back to Homerville at 6am, practice was at 7:30...Also the head coach gave him permission to skip today's practice but he was there early and ready to rock
Dang, now THAT'S some dedication!!! :)

pigture perfect

I love seeing a DE with those long arms. Congrats young man, and thanks.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

TX HOG

Hoping this kid will spead the word about us in Georgia. Maybe we'll at least get some looks

Vantage 8 dude

Prime example of not letting past trends dictate our efforts in a particular geographical area. While it's no doubt true that we haven't have many kids from Ga. in the past, most specifically in that past 5-10 years, this obviously doesn't mean we can't improve and begin to have some success there. Again, given the rather long drive, as well as other campuses closer than Fayetteville, we're not going to make our recruiting classes based on who we can get from there. However, if we can add a quality player or two every couple of years it would certainly help the cause. In my mind it kind of goes back to what CBB was trying to relay to his players about attitude and overcoming obstacles. One of the truest statements I've ever heard: "You strike out 100% of the times you don't go to the plate".

247Hog

Awesome pickup. Welcome to the family.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

LJHOG

Really good news.  Looks like we are fortunate to have his commitment. 

jgphillips3

Awesome.  Huge, huge pickup for this class.  With few slots available, we need studs.  I'm pumped about this one.

PorkRinds

Quote from: tannerstahl on July 26, 2017, 01:21:26 pm

Can you comment on how coach Scott is on the recruiting trail? He seems to be a major upgrade over Segrest.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 26, 2017, 09:24:59 pm
Can you comment on how coach Scott is on the recruiting trail? He seems to be a major upgrade over Segrest.

Agreed.  I was skeptical due to his inexperience, but this is an undeniably big get.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

presidenthog

We could have hired a hat with a dump taken in it, and it would have been an upgrade over Rory.

I could tell from his Pc when hired he had that it factor.

Now Chad walker is super awkward and I'm curious how he will be recruiting.

tannerstahl

Coach scott is the first arkansas recruiter we've had in the 6 years that i've been here...so i can't compare him to RS...but while on the unofficial visit, we got to sit down in meeting room with Sosa, TJ smith, jonathan marshall, michael taylor and korey hernadez. john got to do a q&a session with them without any coaches in the room...and i can say that meeting was a big factor in john pulling the trigger and committing..... those players were adamant about how much they preferred coach scott over RS...i wish i could go into detail about what they said exactly, but i feel they were saying certain things in confidence so I will absolutely respect that....but after meeting with them i'm very anxious to see the change in our D-Line this season, not just in scheme but in passion and aggression ...it appears that coach scott has changed the attitudes and mindset of our players on the DLine

regarding the visit as a whole, (keep in mind i'm absolutely biased here) I don't see how any player/parent go sit in coach B's office for an hour and a half like we did and not want to play for that guy...HE, not an assistant, not a financial or compliance guy, but HE went over almost every detail about the details of the scholarship and how it works, how and when to take care of living expenses both on and off campus...HE talked about academics, how studies and classes come first, he gave an example of 3 current players will have to miss portions of fall camp because their summer classes and practice time overlap...he told them not to leave class early but to stay and finish that work, then get to practice immediately after it's over...he covered discipline and things he expects out of his players as a head coach...he covered everything...and it was like talking to your cool uncle, not some arrogant overpaid tightwad with little man syndrome...it was incredible  ...i told Coach B that i had 4 years of eligibility and would gladly be the 3rd string place holder ...sign me up! lol

PorkRinds

Quote from: tannerstahl on July 27, 2017, 10:12:23 am
Coach scott is the first arkansas recruiter we've had in the 6 years that i've been here...so i can't compare him to RS...but while on the unofficial visit, we got to sit down in meeting room with Sosa, TJ smith, jonathan marshall, michael taylor and korey hernadez. john got to do a q&a session with them without any coaches in the room...and i can say that meeting was a big factor in john pulling the trigger and committing..... those players were adamant about how much they preferred coach scott over RS...i wish i could go into detail about what they said exactly, but i feel they were saying certain things in confidence so I will absolutely respect that....but after meeting with them i'm very anxious to see the change in our D-Line this season, not just in scheme but in passion and aggression ...it appears that coach scott has changed the attitudes and mindset of our players on the DLine

regarding the visit as a whole, (keep in mind i'm absolutely biased here) I don't see how any player/parent go sit in coach B's office for an hour and a half like we did and not want to play for that guy...HE, not an assistant, not a financial or compliance guy, but HE went over almost every detail about the details of the scholarship and how it works, how and when to take care of living expenses both on and off campus...HE talked about academics, how studies and classes come first, he gave an example of 3 current players will have to miss portions of fall camp because their summer classes and practice time overlap...he told them not to leave class early but to stay and finish that work, then get to practice immediately after it's over...he covered discipline and things he expects out of his players as a head coach...he covered everything...and it was like talking to your cool uncle, not some arrogant overpaid tightwad with little man syndrome...it was incredible  ...i told Coach B that i had 4 years of eligibility and would gladly be the 3rd string place holder ...sign me up! lol

Great insights. Thanks!  I'm sure being involved with the process has been a dream come true, and the result of a lot of hard work and dedication.  Great job!

greenie

Thank you, coach.

This has consistently been the type of feedback we get from people who have been lucky enough to peer into our program.  CBB is an excellent leader, organizational planner/manager, and program marketer.  I think as good as anyone in college football.  We can argue all day about his X's and O's acumen, but to me, that's secondary for a head coach.  His assistants should be bringing that, and when they don't, he should be making changes...and he seems to do that.  I think we're lucky to have him. 

And as for Coach Scott, he seems to be a definite upgrade in recruiting.  Let's hope he's the same kind of upgrade with respect to getting the most out of his group.  I'm feeling pretty good about it so far.  No so confident yet in our new outside LB coach.  Hoping that changes, but he seems to be invisible on the recruiting trail (that's probably unfair since I don't have the best vantage point) and is somewhat awkward on camera (constantly bouncing back and forth).  I do like his energy.

LRrazorback

I'm sorry but, who are you?  Can you say?
Great words

bythelake

He was the junior high coach of mincy from what I have ascertained from reading his posts. 

Thanks coach for the inside view.

Seebs

This response is the reason this board is amazing at times. Thank you sir.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

tannerstahl

Quote from: LRrazorback on July 27, 2017, 03:01:25 pm
I'm sorry but, who are you?  Can you say?
Great words

lol I'm glad you asked, I did want to clarify that I am no longer coaching at the middle school level here, which is 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. I moved to south GA when I accepted the worship pastor position I currently serve at. When I first got here I would substitute at the high school every now and then. The head coach asked if I'd be interested in helping the middle school program since their head coach had no assistants. So I jumped on the opportunity to help out...when it got to be too much to balance my full time job I gave it up. I never in my wildest dreams though thought I'd get to take one if those kids to see Arkansas, much less commit to them. Hopefully that won't be my last unofficial visit! Lol But if it was, that's ok too...it was the opportunity of a lifetime for a HOG fan!

LRrazorback

Quote from: tannerstahl on July 27, 2017, 05:06:28 pm
lol I'm glad you asked, I did want to clarify that I am no longer coaching at the middle school level here, which is 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. I moved to south GA when I accepted the worship pastor position I currently serve at. When I first got here I would substitute at the high school every now and then. The head coach asked if I'd be interested in helping the middle school program since their head coach had no assistants. So I jumped on the opportunity to help out...when it got to be too much to balance my full time job I gave it up. I never in my wildest dreams though thought I'd get to take one if those kids to see Arkansas, much less commit to them. Hopefully that won't be my last unofficial visit! Lol But if it was, that's ok too...it was the opportunity of a lifetime for a HOG fan!

Gotcha. That's great you got to do that. Keep us posted if you get the chance to do it again. Maybe the Lord is calling you to be a coach, ha.
I'm fairly familiar with the area, lived five years up the road from you in Tifton.

MissippHog

I'm thinking that I may need to copy and paste this somewhere so I can come back to it when Coach B does something in-game that upsets me.  Help me keep things in perspective!  Thanks for the write-up.

secneahog

Mincey has the frame and closing speed I like to see. Do they see him as a DE ?  What's his weight at?  Thanks.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!