Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conor Mcgregor vs Floyd Mayweather

Started by Tsarcasm, July 12, 2017, 09:28:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsarcasm

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is fast approaching (Aug. 26). Who do you think will win and Why? if nothing else, these guys know how to sell a fight.

WARNING!!!! VERY STRONG LANGUAGE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFAIBpxSWfQ
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

jkstock04

Won't go past 1st round. This is a publicity stunt and nothing more. Anyone who buys this fight is wasting money.

If I'm wrong I'll come back and eat crow.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 13, 2017, 12:53:09 am
Won't go past 1st round. This is a publicity stunt and nothing more. Anyone who buys this fight is wasting money.

Ditto.  I've got zero interest in this. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

zebradynasty

Can't believe that enough people would pay nearly $100 pay per view to guarantee over $100 million!

zane

The hype machine is starting to work on me. Floyd wins easily but I feel like I'll end up watching it one way or another.
RIP LSUfan

Tsarcasm

I feel like this fight will last longer than most expect. Floyd is a known runner, and a counter fighter, that is not known for his power. I highly doubt he will put Mcgregor away. I Mcgregor dont knock him out in the first 3-5 rounds Floyd will win. Mcgregor has a super strong chin, and one shot KO power, so thats the only thing that has me interested. Well that and the verbal beat down he keeps giving floyd.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." – Steven Wright

McKdaddy

I keep putting money on FM as the line drops. We'll see.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

onebadrubi

I very highly doubt its over in the first few rounds.  Floyd is going to make Conor chase him.  Floyd will find a few opportunities to try and take the offensive IF he chooses after rounds 2 and 3, IMO.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 12, 2017, 05:30:12 am
I very highly doubt its over in the first few rounds.  Floyd is going to make Conor chase him.  Floyd will find a few opportunities to try and take the offensive IF he chooses after rounds 2 and 3, IMO.

So you're saying he's going to outbox him?

Wonderful insight.  I agree.

NinoHogUNIA

Money threw and landed punches than Pac but he ran?

Do you all know what boxing is?

Flyod has no power but Canelo was backing back after Flyod caught him a few times.

Even the great Pac-man refused to come forward after he felt the lack of power from Money.

CM has no chance in hell to beat Mayweather unless you think Conner could beat Canelo, Pac, JMM, Sugar Shane, Zab Juddah in his prime then stop the BS.

You want to talk about running watch that Diaz fight.

I'm rooting for the American.

USA USA
BIE

Dillar Dog

What bs?  You act like everyone here is picking Conor.

Calm down, Francis.

NinoHogUNIA

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 12, 2017, 03:14:07 pm
What bs?  You act like everyone here is picking Conor.

Calm down, Francis.

I just dislike the blatant lies/disrespect on the mans skill in the ring.

He's not a runner, he makes you miss and pay. He shows you angles that make you think you see an opening.

If you want to say he's a pos person that's fair to a degree but the lies about this mans skill shows that you don't watch boxing.

That's all I'm saying also are there any CM fans  willing to make a friendly wager?
BIE

Dillar Dog

I watch more boxing that most people.  Could you please point out where I said anything negative about his skills?

Take your time.  I'll wait.

Boarcephus

When they made it a pure boxing match I lost interest.  After FM wins this, I'd like a rematch where the rules favor CM and we'd hear Mayweather scream like the bitch he is. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Dillar Dog

Yeah, great idea.  Let's have a guy in his 40's fight a champion in a sport that he's never trained.

I'd like to see Roger Federer become an NFL running back this season.  Am I doing it right?

Boarcephus

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 12, 2017, 08:28:11 pm
Yeah, great idea.  Let's have a guy in his 40's fight a champion in a sport that he's never trained.

I'd like to see Roger Federer become an NFL running back this season.  Am I doing it right?

If you're going to stack the odds so much in Mayweather's favor by basically tying CM's hands and feet, why have the match?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Dillar Dog

Because Conor basically begged for it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 12, 2017, 09:19:23 pm
If you're going to stack the odds so much in Mayweather's favor by basically tying CM's hands and feet, why have the match?

While I agree in theory, Connor called this out because he's a crap talker.  So Connor is having to give up his advantages and fight a true boxing match, his mouth wrote a check his butt most likely can't cash

Dillar Dog

He did it for the check his mouth got him.  He called out a retired fighter that would generate a lot of money.  He wasn't asking to fight active champions.

Sadly, everyone fell for it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 13, 2017, 10:16:20 am
He did it for the check his mouth got him.  He called out a retired fighter that would generate a lot of money.  He wasn't asking to fight active champions.

Sadly, everyone fell for it.

Exactly!  What is his guaranteed take?  Like 80 million plus?

daprospecta

Quote from: NinoHogUNIA on August 12, 2017, 07:24:24 pm
I just dislike the blatant lies/disrespect on the mans skill in the ring.

He's not a runner, he makes you miss and pay. He shows you angles that make you think you see an opening.

If you want to say he's a pos person that's fair to a degree but the lies about this mans skill shows that you don't watch boxing.

That's all I'm saying also are there any CM fans  willing to make a friendly wager?
He has great skills and IMO, is a top 10 boxer overall. Problem is, he was in the wrong era when his weight class had so many greats. I'm an 80's baby but I still remember watching Sugar Ray,Marvelous Marvin, Roberto Duran, The hit-man Hearns, Aaron Pryor, Hector Camacho, and the list goes on.  FM has certainly beat some good and I mean good fighters but we all know if he fought in the era I just described, he would not be undefeated.  He's still a top 10 boxer overall.

hawganatic

I'll watch the fight just for the entertainment value.  I don't have any expectations of it being a good fight.

Definitely won't pay $100 for the PPV though.  Either find a bar showing the fight or find a friend dumb enough to pay that much for it...

Großer Kriegschwein

I'm having a hard time passing over what will probably be the last time Mayweather gets in the ring.

I'm afraid to miss a Pacquiao or Mayweather fight. Pacquiao will fight Horn again, in Brisbane, after the last one was taken from him when he clearly was the winner.
This is my non-signature signature.

husker71

Here I found a bar/restaurant to watch it for 250 pesos or about $5 and you get a to go through their  buffet.  The fight starts at 9am here so to me that is a plus. I hope Floyd destroys him but that is just me.  I would have a hard time paying $99 for it back home for what could be a very fast ending.  Is their an undercard for this like regular boxing or MMA fight nights??

holeinthewall

Quote from: hawganatic on August 14, 2017, 01:27:11 pm
I'll watch the fight just for the entertainment value.  I don't have any expectations of it being a good fight.

Definitely won't pay $100 for the PPV though.  Either find a bar showing the fight or find a friend dumb enough to pay that much for it...

Only problem with a bar they will be packed. No drink specials and get thee early to get a seat. Will spend more than $100 going that route.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: husker71 on August 25, 2017, 06:12:46 pm
Is their an undercard for this like regular boxing or MMA fight nights??

Yes, there are several undercard fights.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Mayweather_Jr._vs._Conor_McGregor#Fight_card

The actual Mcgregor/Mayweather fight probably won't happen until 11pm or later. (CST)

McKdaddy

Quote from: holeinthewall on August 26, 2017, 08:42:34 am
Only problem with a bar they will be packed. No drink specials and get thee early to get a seat. Will spend more than $100 going that route.

Real early, and be there for many hours. I don't have it in me to do that again.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

TX HOG

Twin peaks in Rogers is $20 a person.
Butcher and pint in Bentonville literally 5 mins from us is $30 a person.

Not going to fight the twin peaks crowd for sure. And 60 for the two of us plus drinks is steep.

Three and Snout

Quote from: hawganatic on August 14, 2017, 01:27:11 pm
find a friend dumb enough to pay that much for it...

I guess I'm that dumb friend.  Luckily, I have friends that are decent and are pitching in for it (or it wouldn't be happening, because I'm not really that dumb).

TX HOG

Quote from: Three and Snout on August 26, 2017, 12:05:34 pm
I guess I'm that dumb friend.  Luckily, I have friends that are decent and are pitching in for it (or it wouldn't be happening, because I'm not really that dumb).

Yeah. It's totally worth it if you can get a few friends together.

husker71

Ref stops bout in 10th round McGregor was totally spent and Mayweather was finally throwing punches some here think it was a early stop (the Irish guys) but I think it was over /.

Cure

Quote from: husker71 on August 27, 2017, 12:02:17 am
Ref stops bout in 10th round McGregor was totally spent and Mayweather was finally throwing punches some here think it was a early stop (the Irish guys) but I think it was over /.
Ref did the right thing, Connor's hands were near his waist in round 6. He wouldn't have made it much further.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Großer Kriegschwein

It was definitely over.

McGregor was awkward from the beginning. It worked for him while Mayweather was figuring out what the Irishman was trying to do and not really throwing much. Once Mayweather had seen just about everything he started throwing more frequently.

Now, should Mayweather had actually cared about getting hit tonight, he could have done this through his regular defensive style. Instead he pressed the action, admittedly due to the boring Pacquiao fight, and abanded his defensive style.

The pressure and distance was too much for McGregor. He's used to running a mile and Mayweather is accustomed to running marathons.

Fight ended one round later than I thought it would.

McGregor comported himself well tonight. Did credit to his craft. But he is no boxer. I have a distinct feeling had Mayweather boxed defensively as he usually does, McGregor would have landed less than 10% and virtually no power punches.

TomasPistola

Mayweather carried him 10 rounds. Boxing is fake.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: TomasPistola on August 27, 2017, 12:47:10 am
Mayweather carried him 10 rounds. Boxing is fake.

This is true.  It was cgi.  They actually weren't even in the same country

Großer Kriegschwein

McGregor cut 15 lbs for weigh in. While that may work for a short MMA fight, it had a bearing on his stamina last night.

Mayweather pretty much fought at his natural weight. That's what made him and Pacquiao so dangerous for a decade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: jkstock04 on July 13, 2017, 12:53:09 am

So how does that crow taste? You ate it yet?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 27, 2017, 03:28:32 pm
So how does that crow taste? You ate it yet?

Probably tastes similar to Floyd's glove, so I'd ask McGregor.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 27, 2017, 09:25:21 am
This is true.  It was cgi.  They actually weren't even in the same country

You don't honestly believe that fight was anything other than an exhibition do you? Floyd all of the sudden decides to come forward against a guy bigger, stronger, and longer than anyone he's faced in the last 10 years? Sure. They both just worked out a huge payday and both go home very happy.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Dillar Dog

With much less skill than those guys?  Yes.

Are you a conspiracy theorist?  Be honest.

EastexHawg

Mayweather is 40 years old.  He is way past his prime, but he didn't need to be in it to beat a much less skilled man.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 27, 2017, 07:23:18 pm
With much less skill than those guys?  Yes.

Are you a conspiracy theorist?  Be honest.

Conspiracy? No. Exhibition yes. Connor wasn't even throwing hard. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to watch, but it was fun in a professional wrestling way.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Dillar Dog

Oh, he wasn't throwing hard.  Ok.

Do you think Stanley Kubrick filmed the moon landing?

TomasPistola

Quote from: Dillar Dog on August 27, 2017, 08:16:06 pm
Oh, he wasn't throwing hard.  Ok.

Do you think Stanley Kubrick filmed the moon landing?

No. The moon landing has been proven as fact. Does he choreograph fights?
You were right.
You did a great job.

Dillar Dog

Uh....     Spartacus?

Where the hell are you from?  North Korea?

DeltaBoy

I wished Mayweather had knock him out cold.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

nationwish

Quote from: TomasPistola on August 27, 2017, 05:36:16 pm
You don't honestly believe that fight was anything other than an exhibition do you? Floyd all of the sudden decides to come forward against a guy bigger, stronger, and longer than anyone he's faced in the last 10 years? Sure. They both just worked out a huge payday and both go home very happy.

If you watched closely, there was a point in the later rounds where McGregor got a shot in on Mayweather that stopped him for a second. Then Mayweather came in much more aggressively than he had all night. I think that was when Mayweather realized McGregor didn't have any force on the punch, so he had nothing to worry about. At that point, it was obvious it was going to end in a knockout.