Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nate Thompson, DVH PC

Started by ricepig, June 28, 2017, 12:39:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

PorkRyan

Great press conference.  It sounds like Jaxon Williams will have a chance to come back after a year of JUCO if he develops. 

Heiss and Krull are going to JUCO

Bonfield is playing some 1B in the Cape Cod league.  Shaddy is not playing this Summer, he is staying in Fayetteville and working on getting stronger.

navyhog24

Quote from: PorkRyan on June 28, 2017, 01:06:38 pm
  Shaddy is not playing this Summer, he is staying in Fayetteville and working on getting stronger.

I wish more players would do this in the offseason and just get bigger and stronger. It helped Benny so much that I wish more would take this route as well.

dotnet

Great press conference.  It sounds like Jaxon Williams will have a chance to come back after a year of JUCO if he develops. 

Of course if a guy develops he can come back.  You always leave options open if guys become studs. 

It stinks about Heiss but the writing was some what on the wall when the team was searching for bullpen help with about a month left in the season and he never really got an option.  That is the time when someone like Heiss gets more of a look if hes going to be a part of things next year. 

Stinks on Krull.  I was hoping he would be similar to Kopps

Hogs49ers

He mentioned Bonnin potentially as a closer for next year (also a possibility as a starter) and that he would get he chance to play both short stop and pitch.

I liked Nate's answer to the question "Do you think you will bring more small ball to this team?" and he said, "I have no preference, whatever scores the most runs.  My job is to bring out the best in each individual, whether that is power hitting or someone that is fast and gets the bat to the ball a lot to where they can play small ball".

So I think we will see a nice mix to next years team to try and maximize each guy's potential by doing what they do best.  Sure makes sense to me, I think we get too carried away with labels and always talk about how we are either "a small ball team" or "a power hitting team" - why not do both??  Sounds like we will.
SCREW Vandy!

TebowHater

Seems like both of these guys were rated pretty highly out of HS. Too bad they didn't work out - best of luck to them.

bulldog04

Did y'all catch the part about Bonfield playing 1st in in the Cape

DiamondHogFan

What about the new signee from Texarkana?  16th round pick, we got him to sign this week. 

Scott Marshall

HERE IS ENTIRE PRESS CONFERENCE

onebadrubi

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on June 29, 2017, 10:27:55 am
What about the new signee from Texarkana?  16th round pick, we got him to sign this week.

got a name?

kennymayne

He really didn't sound like he was a big fan of Krull. I get the feeling that if you don't come with the work ethic and commitment that he excpects, DVH has no use for you.