Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andy Wilkins

Started by NoogaHog, June 26, 2017, 10:11:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NoogaHog

So I went to the Lookouts game last night here in 'Nooga. Andy Wilkins played first and had a good day. They played a 7 inning double header against Pensacola. For the 2 games he went 4-7 with 2 doubles, 2 RBI and a run. He did have a grounder dribble under his glove at 1st. It was scored a hit, but it could have gone either way. BTW the Looks blanked the Blue Wahoos twice by identical 6-0 scores.

Beautiful night at AT&T field. If you are ever this way you should check it out. Scenic stadium in downtown Chattanooga.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

yraciv

Not sure why Andy is down in AA now, after his cups of coffee with CWS in 2014 and Milwaukee in 2016, but it looks like he is putting up solid numbers this season, 1.026 OPS in 37 AB. Guessing there have been some injury issues. Chattanooga is in the Twins organization, which isn't incredibly deep at 1B with Joe Mauer & Kennys Vargas in majors. And light hitting Byung Ho Park & Matt Hague ahead of him in AAA.

Depending on if and when Mauer goes down this year, and/or they give up on Park I expect Wilkins to move back up and get another chance to prove himself.

NoogaHog

Yeah, but he is 28. You gotta think his clock is ticking. I don't know everyone's motivation but if he doesn't move back up in the next 1-2 seasons, how long do you want to be a career minor leaguer before you get a real job?

Not intended as a slam. A serious question because I really don't know the answer.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Kevin

Played in 9 games. Twins must have talked him out of retirement
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hogs49ers

Quote from: NoogaHog on June 26, 2017, 02:28:05 pm
Yeah, but he is 28. You gotta think his clock is ticking. I don't know everyone's motivation but if he doesn't move back up in the next 1-2 seasons, how long do you want to be a career minor leaguer before you get a real job?

Not intended as a slam. A serious question because I really don't know the answer.

Andy Wilkins got paid $ 507,500 by the Brewers in 2016 and $ 500,000 by the White Sox in 2014.  I think he is doing alright.
SCREW Vandy!