Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Going into a season expecting to be mediocre.

Started by Arazorbackguy1, June 16, 2017, 08:23:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

That's just tough.  It reminds me of when I was growing up and would watch WGN.  The cubs were on TV every day, after school.  I couldnt help but think how miserable it would be to follow a team that, at the beginning of the season, you already knew they had no hope of making the playoffs. 

That's kind of how I feel this year about the Hogs.  I'm scrapping for any good news and dreaming of the ways we could win 10 games.  Sadly, I know it's not possible and there is no way I wouldn't be a Hog fan. 

I guess I know how those Cubby's felt back then.  The light at the end of the tunnel is near though.  All it takes is a few five star athelete's and a lot of luck and we will get our long awaited championship.  I just hope we don't have to wait another 40 years before it happens. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Dr. Starcs

Yet so many will continue to pour money into it and keep getting the same results.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

goodguytex

Quote from: East Clintwood on June 28, 2017, 07:53:56 pm
It's what we are.
We don't know if we will be mediocre or not. We have a lot of great talent returning, including an all SEC senior QB. Let's just try not to think the worst.

hamARchy in the USA

This was the sentence dealt to the Razorback basketball program when Long hired MA.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on July 02, 2017, 05:51:55 pm
This was the sentence dealt to the Razorback basketball program when Long hired MA.

Not really.  That was when Heath was hired. MA has actually turned the razorback basketball program around. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Vantage 8 dude

July 04, 2017, 03:45:55 pm #6 Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 04:23:25 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Dr. Starcs on June 17, 2017, 12:23:20 pm
Yet so many will continue to pour money into it and keep getting the same results.
Quite frankly if that's how they elect to spend their monies, successful or not, then I would respectfully point out it's not any of our damn business. No one puts a gun to their head (or to ours) to do so. Give it a rest!!

Pork Twain

I come on here all the time, expecting crappy posts
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 05, 2017, 08:42:23 am
Well then I would assume your expectations are adequately met.  ;)

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on July 02, 2017, 07:33:47 pm
Not really.  That was when Heath was hired. MA has actually turned the razorback basketball program around. 

Heath and Pel were gambles.  MA was a proven underachiever.  Long is the first to commit the Razorback program to being an also ran.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on July 11, 2017, 08:08:10 pm
Heath and Pel were gambles.  MA was a proven underachiever.  Long is the first to commit the Razorback program to being an also ran.

MA has turned the program around from what it was. This year looks promising for a return to the NCAA tournament.  We shall see. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

TheRazorback500

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on July 02, 2017, 05:51:55 pm
I thought this was a football thread.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

DeltaBoy

I gotten to the point that I not getting by BP up!. We will pi$$ a game away or Rutgers series, we will get a key player hurt and the backup will fail, or as in 06 the SEC Zebra crews will pull the same stunts as the old crooked SWC Zebras did in 1969!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Pork Twain on July 05, 2017, 08:42:23 am

Actually, this is where the best posts are usually found.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma