Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Approval Rating?

Started by WizardofhOgZ, June 16, 2017, 03:07:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

factchecker

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 11, 2012, 08:41:36 am
You've gone from 11-2 and being talked about for the national championship to 4-8 while the nation is laughing at your head coach who's obviously mentally deficient. It's not a matter of this idiot's next hire. The fact that your fan base may allow the same idiot that hired the clown that is now destroying your program, to possibly have a say in the next hire is insane. You have to fire Jeff Long now.

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 10, 2012, 08:51:26 pm
Not worried about Bama, we're fine. Unlike you, we usually are. Hell I still think we have a good chance to play for the title but worst case scenario-Sugar or Capital One Bowl.

You need to worry about becomming relevent again.  Your program is in complete disaray.

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 17, 2012, 02:23:56 pm
BTW, I like the Razorbacks.  I just hate to see you guys like this. 

Over the last few years, I thought you were on your way up.  After this past April, you guys became a mess.

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 17, 2012, 01:33:32 pm
No attention needed.  However as a Bama fan, I hope it's more than just a rumor that Long has been extended.

Dude, sometimes. it's better to take a step back and accept other opinions and facts from someone that's not so close to you.

Limp-wristed, fairweather, non-contributing, t-shirt, bandwagon fan.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Inhogswetrust

June 19, 2017, 12:41:10 pm #101 Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:47:09 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: bphi11ips on June 19, 2017, 08:12:32 am
So what?  All I said was he took a risk coming to Arkansas.

Yes he did. ALL coaches take a risk when they change jobs. No matter where they go too. I admit risks may be different depending on where they are going.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogcard1964

Quote from: factchecker on June 19, 2017, 12:38:18 pm
You are a bandwagon fan or a troll.

You jumped to supporting Bama in 2012.  That is the very definition of a bandwagoner.

So, do you believe I'm a bandwagon fan of Bama or the Hogs?  I've always been a Razorback fan, but I only recently started appreciating Bama.  I think it kind of started back in '07 when they hired Saban.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 19, 2017, 08:11:14 am
The Card portion is related to a baseball team.

...but I was thinking "FightingHogTideCard"  Whatyathink?

I think you're trying desperately to downplay your posts from a few years ago that made it pretty clear that the Hogs were not your primary team. That's what I think.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 19, 2017, 12:36:28 pm
What's a "bandwagon fan"?

I was under the impression, it was a person that suddenly became a fan of a team that was winning?  How would that apply here?

You and Louisville/Bama.

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 19, 2017, 12:42:22 pm
So, do you believe I'm a bandwagon fan of Bama or the Hogs?  I've always been a Razorback fan, but I only recently started appreciating Bama.  I think it kind of started back in '07 when they hired Saban.

Your previous posts, which factchecker quoted, say otherwise.

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on June 19, 2017, 01:46:15 pm
Your previous posts, which factchecker quoted, say otherwise.

Really?

What's the dates on those posts?

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on June 19, 2017, 01:44:51 pm
You and Louisville/Bama.

Louisville and Bama just recently started winning?

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on June 19, 2017, 01:42:28 pm
I think you're trying desperately to downplay your posts from a few years ago that made it pretty clear that the Hogs were not your primary team. That's what I think.

Well no, they're certainly not as much as they previously were, but that's not the issue.  Why would I "downplay " that?

Isn't it possible to like more than one team?

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: factchecker on June 19, 2017, 12:40:54 pm
Limp-wristed, fairweather, non-contributing, t-shirt, bandwagon fan.

Was it you or Biggus who found his post over on a Louisville Board denouncing his fandom for the Hogs and then posted it here?
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 19, 2017, 01:58:04 pm
Was it you or Biggus who found his post over on a Louisville Board denouncing his fandom for the Hogs and then posted it here?

That wasn't me.  I'm not a fan of Louisville.  ...just their coach. Not unlike all Razorback fans here.  ;)

PORKULATOR

Hey Fat checker, he appears to have 8 times as many posts as you on A Hog Fansite. I don't think he's a bandwagon anything.
You should check your facts.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

hogsanity

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 19, 2017, 01:59:44 pm
That wasn't me.  I'm not a fan of Louisville.  ...just their coach. Not unlike all Razorback fans here.  ;)

so you are one of those that puts coach above program. Not surprising in the least.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bphi11ips

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 19, 2017, 12:41:10 pm
Yes he did. ALL coaches take a risk when they change jobs. No matter where they go too. I admit risks may be different depending on where they are going.

Not sure what that has to do with Gov's reply to my post. Most head coaches aspire to move upwardly, not laterally.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hogcard1964

Quote from: hogsanity on June 19, 2017, 02:17:42 pm
so you are one of those that puts coach above program. Not surprising in the least.

Not at all.

Is it possible to appreciate a coach, but not the school/team?

I like Gary Patterson, but have no use for TCU.  The same for Tom Herman and Texas.

RME

Has this place really devolved into a bunch of anonymous grown men bitching and moaning about the "fanhood" (or lack thereof) of other anonymous grown men?

Holy smokes.

Gonzo

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on June 19, 2017, 02:33:52 pm
Has this place really devolved into a bunch of anonymous grown men bitching and moaning about the "fanhood" (or lack thereof) of other anonymous grown men?

Holy smokes.

If you were a real fan, you wouldn't be grousing about it........you'd be jumping in with both feet, duh

Go Hogs!

RME

Quote from: Gonzo on June 19, 2017, 02:37:03 pm

If you were a real fan, you wouldn't be grousing about it........you'd be jumping in with both feet, duh

Go Hogs!

No way man, I'm a bandwagon t-shirt fan who also gives millions of dollars in donations every year.

Wildhog

Holy smokes.

That's what it was late in HDN's tenure.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Gonzo

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on June 19, 2017, 02:39:05 pm
No way man, I'm a bandwagon t-shirt fan who also gives millions of dollars in donations every year.

I figured I wasn't the only one

Go Hogs!

hogsanity

Holy smokes.

This particular one was quite vociferous in his love of Bama and Louisville.

rhames

Holy smokes.

Hogville has been like that since at least 2006.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

hogcard1964

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on June 19, 2017, 02:39:05 pm

What exactly does "bandwagon t-shirt" mean?

factchecker

Quote from: PORKULATOR on June 19, 2017, 02:02:27 pm
Hey Fat checker, he appears to have 8 times as many posts as you on A Hog Fansite. I don't think he's a bandwagon anything.
You should check your facts.

So a guy who disavowed himself from the Hogs is more of a fan because he has more posts on hogville?

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogcard1964

Quote from: factchecker on June 19, 2017, 04:09:22 pm
So a guy who disavowed himself from the Hogs is more of a fan because he has more posts on hogville?

Why would you "disavow " yourself from the Hogs?  ...and how does one do this?  Is there a public announcement?   Is it like a Jewish bris?   Or like a Cotilllion?  Is there food and drinks?  RSVP invites? Piniatas????

BallHog1

Quote from: factchecker on June 19, 2017, 04:09:22 pm

In my experience here on Hogville, the number of posts you have means darn little...other than an indication that some people like to share their opinion a lot...sometime a lot more than anyone wants to hear it.

factchecker

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 19, 2017, 04:19:53 pm
Why would you "disavow " yourself from the Hogs?  ...and how does one do this?  Is there a public announcement?   Is it like a Jewish bris?   Or like a Cotilllion?  Is there food and drinks?  RSVP invites? Piniatas????

When you distance yourself from the Hogs and claim Bama as your team then that is disavowing yourelf:

Quote from: hogcard1964 on November 10, 2012, 08:51:26 pm
Not worried about Bama, we're fine. Unlike you, we usually are. Hell I still think we have a good chance to play for the title but worst case scenario-Sugar or Capital One Bowl.

You need to worry about becomming relevent again.  Your program is in complete disaray.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gchamblee

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 19, 2017, 01:51:07 pm
Well no, they're certainly not as much as they previously were, but that's not the issue.  Why would I "downplay " that?

Isn't it possible to like more than one team?

So who is your primary college football team?

hogcard1964

Quote from: gchamblee on June 19, 2017, 05:01:49 pm
So who is your primary college football team?

Right now I'm more of a Hog fan, but it really depends.  I have roots in Arkansas, at U of I (Illinois) , Bama, Northern IIllinois, Arizona St.

Of recent I'd have to say Bama but more often than not, it's the Hogs.

hogcard1964

Quote from: factchecker on June 19, 2017, 04:25:42 pm
When you distance yourself from the Hogs and claim Bama as your team then that is disavowing yourelf:

?

What was inaccurate about my statement?  Are we relevant yet?

tophawg19

Quote from: gchamblee on June 19, 2017, 07:03:05 am
I thought of a new clever name for you.... HogTide
uh you mean Cardtide no hog to it
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on June 17, 2017, 08:48:06 pm
Oh really....as to your last claim that CBB will be Nutt Part Deux. In what way ??? Would that be disappointing as a head coach when it comes to our record or as a slime ball as both a person and HC ??? Remember with Hooter you got a "two-fer".
I was referring primarily to on-field success.

I don't really get into judging people's motives and character. Not then, and not now.

If Nutt is a 'slime ball', what does that make Petrino?

And I don't consider Petrino a 'slime-ball' either. He did some things that are wrong. But he also did some good things. There is good and bad in everyone, including everyone here.
Petrino was universally praised for his compassion and handling of the Garrett Uekman tragedy.
He and his wife also donated a lot of money to the Children's Hospital in Little Rock.
He got probably what he deserved, I'm just pointing out there was a good side of him that no one talks about.

But I try to stick to on-field measurements.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 18, 2017, 08:32:33 am
The SilverTip poll was legit, and it was 62%.  After a 10-4 season when Dmac and Jones were still on the roster. 

And there was widespread discontent about Nutt.  It had nothing to do with his record as a coach.  62% of Arkansans in 2007 didn't have a clue who Theresa Prewitt was.  The average fan thought Mustain was benched because he threw an interception.  Everyone who paid attention was discontent, shocked, embarrassed, and concerned about Mitch Mustain. 

It's down right incredible that anyone would claim there was no widespread discontent about Nutt.
I thought he was benched because a)he wasn't playing as well as earlier in the season and b)Casey Dick was also a good QB and deserved some PT
I remember at the time being not at all surprised at the move. It wasn't absolutely needed, but it didn't surprise me at all either.
Mustain had a very nice frosh year as a QB, but he had some ups and downs. Typical frosh.
I pay attention as much as anyone and I don't necessarily come to the same conclusions as the next guy might. To each his own opinion.

tophawg19

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 19, 2017, 12:42:22 pm
when your comment is you when talking about Atkansas and us as in Bama , then yes you are a troll. A full bama fan as long as they are winning and bash CBB and the hogs in a underhanded way every post . be glad the ban hammer isn't mine for a day
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Inhogswetrust

June 19, 2017, 11:14:52 pm #136 Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 06:39:49 am by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: bphi11ips on June 19, 2017, 02:19:41 pm
Not sure what that has to do with Gov's reply to my post. Most head coaches aspire to move upwardly, not laterally.

But even if as some think they are moving up, there is still risk involved.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: GuvHog on June 19, 2017, 07:42:07 am
You need to correct it again. In his last 3 years as Hog HC, Bret has won 10 SEC games and lost 14. That is not a 71% winning percentage.

10 OUT OF 14 (i.e., 10-4) is 71.4%;

10 -14 (i.e., 10 of 24) is 41.7%