March 28, 2024, 04:27:38 am

Jeff Long

Started by theFlyingHog, May 21, 2017, 04:13:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

theFlyingHog

Why all the hatred?

HamIAm

Hawgar The Horrible

He fired Booby. Everything else is irrelevant.

Not my thinking, but the mindset of a few Razorback football fans. T-shirt fans that don't give a damn about anything but football because they're too uneducated to grasp the big picture. And wouldn't give a crap if they did.

They are losers and their lives are less meaningful if the football Hogs don't provide them with winning tangibles they cannot provide for themselves.

Bragging rights. Nothing more. Nothing less.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

El Puerco Grande

I can only assume that anybody that hates Jeff Long does so because he fired the "best coach ever at Arkansas", who "had not really done anything wrong". Believe it or not, there are lots of people that feel this way. Other than sounding like Kermit the Frog, I don't know of a reason to dislike the guy.
How 'bout them hogs?

tophawg19

everyone knows a ""Damn Yankee '' can't replace JFB . We were only the 16th most profitable overall . He couldn't even get 200,001 more to get us to 15 . Also he hasn't come up with a plan to get our recruiting into the top 5 . other than that , he's doing ok. oh and he still hasn't got the basket ball team in the final 4 either
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Torqued pork

Wins versus losses in the two big sports.

DeltaBoy

Poor hires, worst results, wasted millions!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The OTR

Quote from: DeltaBoy on July 15, 2017, 10:37:19 pm
Poor hires, worst results, wasted millions!

Sing it, sister.

jabberjawls

Is it fitting that Jeff Long is in the trash?

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: jabberjawls on July 18, 2017, 02:25:24 pm
I think its more fitting that you are:)
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

jabberjawls

Why do you say that?

GuvHog

Quote from: jabberjawls on July 18, 2017, 02:25:24 pm

It's not uncommon that a thread like this ends up in the trash. There are a lot of people on this board who believe that Jeff Long is a "Saint" who could never possibly do anything wrong. They are called "Long Huggers".

I don't hate Jeff Long, I don't even know him personally but I'm not happy with his performance as AD thus far.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on July 23, 2017, 03:29:29 pm
It's not uncommon that a thread like this ends up in the trash. There are a lot of people on this board who believe that Jeff Long is a "Saint" who could never possibly do anything wrong. They are called "Long Huggers".

I don't hate Jeff Long, I don't even know him personally but I'm not happy with his performance as AD thus far.

Maybe he's not happy with your performance as a fan...............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 31, 2017, 02:41:19 pm
Maybe he's not happy with your performance as a fan...............................

Perhaps Guv needs a performance enhancer.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on July 31, 2017, 02:46:05 pm
Perhaps Guv needs a performance enhancer.

Maybe he's waiting for the patent to expire so it will be cheaper.......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi