Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs offer two I coached

Started by tannerstahl, May 11, 2017, 12:50:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tannerstahl

Defensive Line Coach John Scott Jr made a visit to little ol Class A Clinch County High School today and offered two kids I got to coach at the jr high level. 2019 ATH Trezmen  is a great kid and a true stud, 2018 DE John is big and has a ton of potential but needs to figure it out in the class room and needs to stay out of trouble. I was very surprised he got an offer. But I'm definitely proud of both of them.

http://247sports.com/Player/Trezman-Marshall-94052  -there is a picture of both trez and big john on this page

http://247sports.com/Player/John-Mincey-88324
i love the hogs....so very very much

yraciv

Hopefully their JH coach runs into them on occasion and will talk about how they should make sure to visit the hill! Congrats to the kids and their former coach.

tannerstahl

lol yeah in this tiny town i see them all the time, they even come to the church i serve at from time to time...tennessee offered big john last year and trez has offers from just about everybody...i personally think the hogs are too late on getting in touch with these kids...this is the first time a hog coach has ever been here, we've had 3 sec commitments out of this little school in the last 4 years (one to UK, one to UGA, one to USC) and unfortunately the hogs never even contacted any of them :(

presidenthog

Quote from: tannerstahl on May 11, 2017, 02:53:37 pm
lol yeah in this tiny town i see them all the time, they even come to the church i serve at from time to time...tennessee offered big john last year and trez has offers from just about everybody...i personally think the hogs are too late on getting in touch with these kids...this is the first time a hog coach has ever been here, we've had 3 sec commitments out of this little school in the last 4 years (one to UK, one to UGA, one to USC) and unfortunately the hogs never even contacted any of them :(

Sounds like you need to reach out to the staff and become a connection. It becomes easier to find players when you have people you trust to tell you where to look.

onebadrubi

Quote from: tannerstahl on May 11, 2017, 02:53:37 pm

UGA studs are going to have to drive away from their home town school, through auburn, bama, and the banks or money trucks of ole miss to get to Arkansas.  Just a very hard recruiting pitch for Arkansas to pull studs out of Georgia.  I can understand resources not being very focused there, unfortunately

tannerstahl

Quote from: presidenthog on May 11, 2017, 03:42:10 pm
Sounds like you need to reach out to the staff and become a connection. It becomes easier to find players when you have people you trust to tell you where to look.

Yeah I definitely tried via social media and RD helped me out some on the kid that went to UGA, but I agree we need to market our athletes more! I tried to make connection with segrest when he was our coach...he was from waycross GA just 30 minutes easy of our town and he never once was sent here. We are in Deep South GA and we're an easy 2 hour drive to Gainesville FL ...the fan base here is split UGA/UF ...and like onebadrubi said, it'll be hard to get one of ours that far away from home I think..plus Kirby smart is here all the time, even when he was at bama he was here a couple times ....his plane actually got stuck in the mud at the local air strip lol

PorkSoda

Quote from: tannerstahl on May 11, 2017, 04:17:02 pm
Yeah I definitely tried via social media and RD helped me out some on the kid that went to UGA, but I agree we need to market our athletes more! I tried to make connection with segrest when he was our coach...he was from waycross GA just 30 minutes easy of our town and he never once was sent here. We are in Deep South GA and we're an easy 2 hour drive to Gainesville FL ...the fan base here is split UGA/UF ...and like onebadrubi said, it'll be hard to get one of ours that far away from home I think..plus Kirby smart is here all the time, even when he was at bama he was here a couple times ....his plane actually got stuck in the mud at the local air strip lol
well it sounds like you made an impression if we are there now.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

King Kong

jgphillips3

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: tannerstahl on May 11, 2017, 12:50:18 pm
Defensive Line Coach John Scott Jr made a visit to little ol Class A Clinch County High School today and offered two kids I got to coach at the jr high level. 2019 ATH Trezmen  is a great kid and a true stud, 2018 DE John is big and has a ton of potential but needs to figure it out in the class room and needs to stay out of trouble. I was very surprised he got an offer. But I'm definitely proud of both of them.

http://247sports.com/Player/Trezman-Marshall-94052  -there is a picture of both trez and big john on this page

http://247sports.com/Player/John-Mincey-88324
Well apparently one down......

Tusks

Theres a ton of talent in GA.  I don't think its so much having to pull pass Bama but go after kids that aren't going to get a UGA or FL offer.  Some kids are NOT all about Auburn and if its between the hogs and OMU, MSU, TN, KY, UCF, USF, NC, NC ST, there's some wins there.  With the direct flight from ATL to NWA that's a big help.

There's been some great stories of hog success that came from GA.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

tannerstahl

lumphog

hawgwash

Quote from: tannerstahl on July 25, 2017, 06:16:36 pm
One more to go lol!!
Great news and thanks for your help!  In your first post you mentioned some issues for John relative to classroom and off the field.  Any update on that?  Thanks again!

tannerstahl

Yeah he's realized that football is his ticket to get out of Homerville and he's embraced it...he's come a long way, I'm very proud of him! I anticipate him having a great senior year in the classroom...if not I'll kick him in the butt I promise lol

presidenthog

Quote from: tannerstahl on July 25, 2017, 08:26:02 pm
Yeah he's realized that football is his ticket to get out of Homerville and he's embraced it...he's come a long way, I'm very proud of him! I anticipate him having a great senior year in the classroom...if not I'll kick him in the butt I promise lol

Can you get into any details on how the trip went? It seems like this staff is amazing at closing the deal when they get guys on campus.

hawgwash

Quote from: tannerstahl on July 25, 2017, 08:26:02 pm
Glad to hear it!

tannerstahl

Fwiw, our top junior prospect here in clinch county is the top ILB in the 2019 class according to espn. With big John already committed to the Hogs, it really helps our chances...and barring an early/surprise commitment to UGA of Fla, there's a 98% chance Trez will be taking a visit to the Hill ...Coach B will be visiting John and his dad here in late November, and I know he and coach Rhodes will make a point to talk to trezman too

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/position/inside-linebacker/class/2019/view/position