Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finebaum is putting up a good argument for BB's Hot Seat.....

Started by LZH, April 28, 2017, 03:54:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

And some "Nick" from Fayetteville is making the same crappy excuses - we need more time/better players/we aren't LSU or Bama.  Finebaum asked him if we had a "ten year or fifteen year plan".  Snap!

Sigh.....at least the game will be televised tomorrow.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: LZH on April 28, 2017, 03:54:45 pm
And some "Nick" from Fayetteville is making the same crappy excuses - we need more time/better players/we aren't LSU or Bama.  Finebaum asked him if we had a "ten year or fifteen year plan".  Snap!

Sigh.....at least the game will be televised tomorrow.
Surprised you weren't a special guest of ole Paul's. You and he could have both howled at the moon together.

LZH

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 28, 2017, 04:00:37 pm
Surprised you weren't a special guest of ole Paul's. You and he could have both howled at the moon together.

Just sayin' it's worth noting that he just asked that guy the same exact thing many of us on here have asked....'what makes you think BB is an SEC caliber coach?'  Response?  Same excuses.

That's when he said "Bielema's been there how long?....since 2013?  You guys have a ten year plan?  Fifteen year plan?"  Even PF recognizes that there was a time not too long ago that no one wanted to play us.  Noted that Gus and BB both took over bad teams the very same year and he beat our ass by 53 points last season.  Ouch.

It was a total downer on the eve of our spring game....hell, even that kid from the SEC Network that reports from Fayetteville was pretty 'blah' about our chances again this year.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: LZH on April 28, 2017, 04:11:22 pm
Just sayin' it's worth noting that he just asked that guy the same exact thing many of us on here have asked....'what makes you think BB is an SEC caliber coach?'  Response?  Same excuses.

That's when he said "Bielema's been there how long?....since 2013?  You guys have a ten year plan?  Fifteen year plan?"  Even PF recognizes that there was a time not too long ago that no one wanted to play us.  Noted that Gus and BB both took over bad teams the very same year and he beat our ass by 53 points last season.  Ouch.

It was a total downer on the eve of our spring game....hell, even that kid from the SEC Network that reports from Fayetteville was pretty 'blah' about our chances again this year.

That's what I like to see. Maybe our coaches and players are watching this and it will give them something to prove.!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Bubba's Bruisers

The jury is still out on BB, IMO, so...

This season can't get here soon enough.  Season 5.  BB's team, all his team.  A returning senior QB...one of the best in SEC.  Returning most of the OL and RB's.  D should be better, if only a little.  Season 5 will likely expose BB one way or the other.  Can't wait to get off this fence.  I'm getting sore.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Wait, are suppose to believe what the media says or not?? I'm confused, it seems to change daily on that aspect.....

Vantage 8 dude

Well I'm not surprised no matter what your observation(s). I honestly can't recall you giving CBB anything remotely positive about anything since virtually the day he got here. And BTW so this clown is "blah"; does he forecast or otherwise foretell what we may or may not do this coming year? Who knows: just MAYBE we might actually positively surprise. I know, that's totally impossible/beyond belief. But what the heck, I'll bite.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 28, 2017, 04:20:35 pm
Well I'm not surprised no matter what your observation(s). I honestly can't recall you giving CBB anything remotely positive about anything since virtually the day he got here. And BTW so this clown is "blah"; does he forecast or otherwise foretell what we may or may not do this coming year? Who knows: just MAYBE we might actually positively surprise. I know, that's totally impossible/beyond belief. But what the heck, I'll bite.

When we are on a winning streak LZH loves him some CBB and decided he has changed his mind. Any bump in the road and he falls back into line and isn't sure he's the guy. It'll happen within the span of a week during the season. Since we lost our last game he's stuck in negative Nancy mode. He will come around if we win some games....until we lose.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 28, 2017, 04:26:20 pm
When we are on a winning streak LZH loves him some CBB and decided he has changed his mind. Any bump in the road and he falls back into line and isn't sure he's the guy. It'll happen within the span of a week during the season. Since we lost our last game he's stuck in negative Nancy mode. He will come around if we win some games....until we lose.

It's a secret...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The_Iceman

Bielema inherited a death penalty program essentially. Petrino hadnt recruited his last 2 years, and JLS had not disciple or player development. On a 85 man roster, and a program with Arkansas' disadvantages, that will take years to correct.

However, Bielema has left 4 wins on the field the last two seasons. What would a 10 and 9 win season the last two years mean for our program right now? That momentum can push a program up nationally.

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

LZH

LZH

Quote from: PorkRinds on April 28, 2017, 04:26:20 pm

That may have plenty of truth PR.  But BB has yet to be anywhere consistent enough to get behind and stay behind as far as confidence.

MuskogeeHogFan

Finebaum has a point, no doubt about that. BUT, I can list a lot of actual reasons (not excuses) as to why we didn't hit 10 wins last season with the bowl. And they are good reasons. Eventually though, Bielema, no matter what happens or why, has to own all of that and Bielema knows that.

Now I don't think that Bielema is dumb by any means but I am beginning to believe that it may have taken him one to two seasons to figure out that this was a lot tougher place to play than he initially thought it would be when he was sitting in his office in Madison.

I will say that two seasons is probably less accurate than 1 season, because two seasons would have to involve an awful lot of rationalization and dismissal of the obvious on his part. But I will say that he probably thought that we were on our way after the second season with Robb Smith as the DC. If that was the assumption at the time, it certainly proved to be an incorrect assumption.

And, after having witnessed Smith's second defense at Arkansas, that could have been the reason that he brought Paul Rhoads on board when he did, just in case Smith couldn't right the ship again in his third season as DC. Personally, I wish he had fired Smith after his second season and installed Rhoads, but he may have had a 3 year deal when he came here.

The thing is, he has this year and the next to show significant improvement overall. If we can't stop giving away games because of mistakes, he will be gone after the 2018 season.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 28, 2017, 04:45:11 pm
Finebaum has a point, no doubt about that. BUT, I can list a lot of actual reasons (not excuses) as to why we didn't hit 10 wins last season with the bowl. And they are good reasons. Eventually though, Bielema, no matter what happens or why, has to own all of that and Bielema knows that.

Now I don't think that Bielema is dumb by any means but I am beginning to believe that it may have taken him one to two seasons to figure out that this was a lot tougher place to play than he initially thought it would be when he was sitting in his office in Madison.

I will say that two seasons is probably less accurate than 1 season, because two seasons would have to involve an awful lot of rationalization and dismissal of the obvious on his part. But I will say that he probably thought that we were on our way after the second season with Robb Smith as the DC. If that was the assumption at the time, it certainly proved to be an incorrect assumption.

And, after having witnessed Smith's second defense at Arkansas, that could have been the reason that he brought Paul Rhoads on board when he did, just in case Smith couldn't right the ship again in his third season as DC. Personally, I wish he had fired Smith after his second season and installed Rhoads, but he may have had a 3 year deal when he came here.

The thing is, he has this year and the next to show significant improvement overall. If we can't stop giving away games because of mistakes, he will be gone after the 2018 season.

Fair post.  I only started this thread because I was so surprised that PF didn't just blow us off as 'that mediocre program from the Ozarks'.  He was asking some damn good questions.  And he admitted to really liking BB, but wondered why he gets such a pass from so many Hog fans.

tophawg19

I don't believe i've ever seen a team that has so many so called fans who glorify in trying to tear down the teams and look for every opportunity of any kind . Has PF sat through our practices ? how does he know we don't have long term plans ? CBB took over a trashed team and has had them in 3 straight bowls , the other year Saban or no one else could have gotten that done .3 straight bowls , how often has that happened at Arkansas ? Probably be #4 this year barring major injuries . The team and Recruiting are on the rise . Damn I know that pisses some of you off
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

LZH

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 28, 2017, 05:13:07 pm
I don't believe i've ever seen a team that has so many so called fans who glorify in trying to tear down the teams and look for every opportunity of any kind . Has PF sat through our practices ? how does he know we don't have long term plans ? CBB took over a trashed team and has had them in 3 straight bowls , the other year Saban or no one else could have gotten that done .3 straight bowls , how often has that happened at Arkansas ? Probably be #4 this year barring major injuries . The team and Recruiting are on the rise . Damn I know that pisses some of you off

Not sure why questioning a coach is considered tearing down MY team. Not every American agrees with whatever President is in office at any given time, but they still love their country.

Don't know how old you are, but some of us remember when winning was valued highly.

tophawg19

if you look back at our history we are about where we have always been but in the toughest conference in football history. Finebaum sells bama and Florida and is just a talking head for the rest of the conference . We are improving steadily and will continue as the conference comes back down a bit
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Jackrabbit Hog

Who cares what Finebaum thinks or says?  What's really important is what Phyllis or Tammy think about Bielema.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

jkstock04

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 28, 2017, 05:13:07 pm
Well let's see here, Houston Nutt and Bobby Petrino both took us to 3 straight bowls. Whoop tee do.

And these days with all the bowl games it's pretty much a joke. Taking 5 win teams...literally something like 25% of bowl bound teams don't have a winning record. We are talking around 65% of teams go to bowl games now days. This ain't 1990 anymore guys. Now a days the bowl thing is basically a millennial participation trophy type of deal.

Last year I heard countless times of all the quality depth we had on the team. Deepest we had ever had since joining the SEC. All because of the recruiting prowess Bielema has brought to the program. Better than any other coach we have ever had in the modern era. How did that work out?

You guys trying to prop Bielema up on the bowl stat really ought to go elsewhere. Houston Nutts "We goin to a bow game, we goin!!!!" like it was the accomplishment of the century was laughable.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Sed76

Finebaum changes direction like the wind. Last year he was singing the praises of CBB and talking about what a great job has done. All he cares about is slobbing at the knob of Nick Saban and trying to get Jim Harbaugh to acknowledge him on Twitter.

Al Boarland

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 29, 2017, 11:16:47 am

Last year I heard countless times of all the quality depth we had on the team. Deepest we had ever had since joining the SEC. All because of the recruiting prowess Bielema has brought to the program. Better than any other coach we have ever had in the modern era. How did that work out?

No, that's what everyone is saying THIS year. They are also throwing in how the 3-4 is just going to magically change things around.

tlmack

For what its worth, I live in the Houston area now and listen to a local sports radio station. Several weeks ago John Lopez had several former college and pro players on discussing various teams.One of the former pro player(can't remember which one) stated that if the Arkansas fans would give CBB time,he was building a monster. Lopez a former Aggie agreed.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: tlmack on May 06, 2017, 10:17:06 am
For what its worth, I live in the Houston area now and listen to a local sports radio station. Several weeks ago John Lopez had several former college and pro players on discussing various teams.One of the former pro player(can't remember which one) stated that if the Arkansas fans would give CBB time,he was building a monster. Lopez a former Aggie agreed.

Arkansas fans are giving him time. He has his 5th year now and will get a 6th and 7th year as long as he can win 6 to 8 games heck he is probably safe even with a 5 win season at the moment. He will have had plenty of time. So whoever says all you gotta do is give him time needs to get over that because he HAS had time.  Last year was a good year until the end of it where we looked like crap in the second half of two games. We win one of those games and people aren't as upset as they are now. A lot of people are more on the wait and see because of the failure of the last two games. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 06, 2017, 05:01:55 pm
Arkansas fans are giving him time. He has his 5th year now and will get a 6th and 7th year as long as he can win 6 to 8 games heck he is probably safe even with a 5 win season at the moment. He will have had plenty of time. So whoever says all you gotta do is give him time needs to get over that because he HAS had time.  Last year was a good year until the end of it where we looked like crap in the second half of two games. We win one of those games and people aren't as upset as they are now. A lot of people are more on the wait and see because of the failure of the last two games.
The point is, give him time without being a constant thorn in the side on radio and message boards which recruits see and hear.  In other words, don't be an entitled jerk.

What "give him time" means is "stop trying to get him fired because your unreasonable expectations haven't been met".

The man is our coach for the next two years no matter how much you jokers complain, cry, whine, bitch, belittle, etc, etc.  Shut up, be supportive, and see what happens.  THEN, if he doesn't produce, flip over some cars and burn some couches.

All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 06, 2017, 08:30:42 am
No, that's what everyone is saying THIS year. They are also throwing in how the 3-4 is just going to magically change things around.
There hasn't been a single poster on here saying the 3-4 is going to "magically change things around".  That is BS hyperbole made up by you.  People are HOPEFUL that the 3-4 will allow us to improve the speed on the field, which should close up some holes that were easily exploited by almost everyone last year.  A move up to middle of the pack seems to be the hope of most posters.

As to other programs with better recruits developing them, show me which programs those are.  Besides Alabama. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 06, 2017, 08:30:42 am

"Magically?" I don't think that anyone has said that or implied that.

Is it easier to understand?
Are there fewer pre-snap reads and checks?
Does it allow players to play faster instead of having to think more, perhaps even while the ball is being snapped?
Does it give the offense more to think about because the defensive set and mode of attack and coverage tends to be less predictable?

Yes, yes, yes and yes. And perhaps that, compared to being so predictable in all of those things last year, is at least deserving of a modicum of optimism and hope for 2017.

But make no mistake, there isn't anything that is "magical" about the transformation from the 4-3 to the 3-4.
Go Hogs Go!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Deep Shoat on May 06, 2017, 05:23:31 pm
The point is, give him time without being a constant thorn in the side on radio and message boards which recruits see and hear.  In other words, don't be an entitled jerk.

What "give him time" means is "stop trying to get him fired because your unreasonable expectations haven't been met".

The man is our coach for the next two years no matter how much you jokers complain, cry, whine, bitch, belittle, etc, etc.  Shut up, be supportive, and see what happens.  THEN, if he doesn't produce, flip over some cars and burn some couches.

No coach anywhere is going to have full support of fans unless they some how win national championships or turn a team into a yearly contender.  What he has gotten so far is nothing different than any other place. Fans don't matter until they stop caring and stop going to games. That is when his job is over here.  So he will get his 6 or 7 years after that if he is still getting 6 to 8 wins then he will be on the hot seat.  So seriously if he expects fans to be all ok with melt down second halfs or no show games then he needs to figure out how to not do that. 

This upcoming year is very favorable for him to win at least 8 games. Just don't choke it up with teams we are suppose to beat. Also SHOW up in the second half. 

Deep Shoat

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on May 06, 2017, 06:48:28 pm
No coach anywhere is going to have full support of fans unless they some how win national championships or turn a team into a yearly contender.  What he has gotten so far is nothing different than any other place. Fans don't matter until they stop caring and stop going to games. That is when his job is over here.  So he will get his 6 or 7 years after that if he is still getting 6 to 8 wins then he will be on the hot seat.  So seriously if he expects fans to be all ok with melt down second halfs or no show games then he needs to figure out how to not do that. 

This upcoming year is very favorable for him to win at least 8 games. Just don't choke it up with teams we are suppose to beat. Also SHOW up in the second half.
And what you have gotten in return is no different from any other place.  Maybe, instead of trying to be like the fans of all the other programs (except Bama), we should try something different.  I know, I know.  Fan is short for fanatic.  But last I checked, fanatic is not short for "jackholes who demand the coach be fired the first time he doesn't live up to their lofty expectations".
All Gas, No Brakes!

HiggiePiggy

He is getting his time.  Some coaches don't get that.  He will get 6 years. So it does not matter if fans support him or not.  After 6 years he will either have it going or pack up and go away.  There is no "I need the fans to support me to get things done". That is what his 4million dollars a year is for.  Fans do not mean crap in any of this. Fans rarely if ever determine where a player is going to play.

goodguytex

He does indeed have a point. Patience with most positive razorback fans will start wearing thin after another year or so.

We just can't continue the 6 to 7 wins being our ceiling and keep confidence in bielema as our HC. I'm cautiously optimistic that this year and next year will be excellent. But it's just impossible to know yet.

DeltaBoy

Great Post and I concur that he got 2 more or he is toast.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Everyone's seat is hot as long as Nick at BAMA!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.