Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pork Belly

Started by Grizzlyfan, February 17, 2017, 12:55:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Grizzlyfan

Any pork belly fans on here?  Favorite recipes or methods?

BR

February 18, 2017, 10:42:36 am #1 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:55:06 am by BR
I make awesome Pork Belly Burnt Ends...   https://www.facebook.com/groups/brstikibarfoodpage/ 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

DeltaBoy

It great meat to put in a pot of beans or peas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

TrueBlue

I make a mean PBLT.

Pork Belly Lettuce Tomato Sandwich. The tomato is a thick fried green tomato.

PorkRinds

Quote from: TrueBlue on March 06, 2017, 08:30:00 pm
I make a mean PBLT.

Pork Belly Lettuce Tomato Sandwich. The tomato is a thick fried green tomato.

I make a fried green tomato BLt as well. They are fantastic.

jacobp

I use Thomas Keller's pork belly confit recipe. It's labor intensive but delicious. Don't have a link but a quick google search should do the trick

DeltaBoy

Johnny Trigg cooks pork belly just like ribs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Tigerloather

I smoked two pork bellies & three smaller boston butts New Years Day.  I chopped the bellies up fairly fine and mixed in with the pulled pork.  The end result was pretty awesome & made some fine sandwiches.
Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity - Frank Leahy

DeltaBoy