Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas Rangers 2016

Started by DeltaBoy, February 18, 2016, 09:20:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/mlb/texas-rangers/

Complete coverage from Surprise AZ and through out the season can be found with the Star Telegram.   

Go Rangers
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Captain Morgan

Jurickson Profar appears to be back. But will he be flipped to Milwaulkee for Jonathon LuCroy?

BorderPatrol

Yu is throwing in the bull pen today.

No [CENSORED] were harmed.

bp

DeltaBoy

We will see how those Rangers go this year.  I hope for another Division Championship.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 09, 2016, 11:02:32 am
We will see how those Rangers go this year.  I hope for another Division Championship.
delta.... Division? No I want to win the World Series. Its time now

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Captain Morgan on March 10, 2016, 09:33:06 am

They have not got over that 9 lives cats eyes Cardinals never die game 6  from a few years ago.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Got the rubber match today Rangers are 1-1 in a 3 game set to open the season.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 22, 2016, 03:18:22 pm
They have not got over that 9 lives cats eyes Cardinals never die game 6  from a few years ago.
Cruz should have made that play

ChicoHog

Quote from: Captain Morgan on March 10, 2016, 09:33:06 am
That's who I picked in the prediction thread stickied in this forum.

Dr. Starcs

Rangers continue their ownage of the disastros.

Kela out for 3 months is gonna hurt though.

DeltaBoy

The Rangers are looking kin of snake bit this season.

Dr. Starcs

Seemed like it last year too.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on April 27, 2016, 02:40:12 pm
Seemed like it last year too.

Yep but we don't get very wound up at my house till after the all star break.

Dr. Starcs

Exactly my thoughts delta.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: DeltaBoy on April 28, 2016, 03:17:12 pm
Yep but we don't get very wound up at my house till after the all star break.
Now the series starts with the villains known as the Toronto Blue Jays who we all hate with a passion and should because Donaldson and Batista are real showboat punks

GolfNut57

Quote from: Captain Morgan on May 02, 2016, 10:37:47 am
Now the series starts with the villains known as the Toronto Blue Jays who we all hate with a passion and should because Donaldson and Batista are real showboat punks

Don't forget to include Encarnacion with the other two in that category.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dr. Starcs

I said it back in October, if the rangers pitchers have any cajones, one or both of those guys will be wearing pitches tonight.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 02, 2016, 05:13:44 pm
I said it back in October, if the rangers pitchers have any cajones, one or both of those guys will be wearing pitches tonight.
Well Griffin had nothing to do with last year. I suspect Martin Perez isn't the guy to do it tonight. Dyson comes in with no runners on maybe. But the likelihood is Colby Lewis makes one or both guys wear a pitch on Wednesday .

Dr. Starcs

Thank you Bush-Odor (pun intended)

Blue jays had to know that was coming.  We've all been waiting for it.

ChicoHog

Just watched the Bautista slide on video.  It definitely was late ala Utley from last years playoffs but in now way should Odor have punched him in the face.  he should be suspended a week.   That is much worse than the late slide IMO.  In any case it looks like there is a good rivalry between the two teams. 

Dr. Starcs

Bautista deserved more than a punch in the face.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 15, 2016, 07:14:24 pm

A brawl and no link?  >:(
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dr. Starcs

Sorry. It's worth a watch...

http://www.lonestarball.com/2016/5/15/11679904/video-rangers-blue-jays-brawl-odor-bautista-texas-toronto

Love the comment from the pbp man after the punch,  "Rougned's 2 for 5 now".

pigture perfect

Odor put some Stank on that punch. Usually a base brawl is just a close range shouting match, mixed with a headlock and dogpile or two. Not this one. If a suspension happens (probable), it's at least worth it. Does it make me a bad person if I smiled after every replay?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dr. Starcs

I'm with you on that pigture.

The jays had to know it was coming at some point. Joey bats wanted no part of it either as he didnt even fight beltre.

pigture perfect

Odor is a tough character, Beltre would have killed him. He's a BAD Man.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

GolfNut57

Quote from: pigture perfect on May 15, 2016, 10:27:52 pm
Odor put some Stank on that punch. Usually a base brawl is just a close range shouting match, mixed with a headlock and dogpile or two. Not this one. If a suspension happens (probable), it's at least worth it. Does it make me a bad person if I smiled after every replay?

I figure Odor is going to be assessed a 10 game suspension for starting the actual fight. Probably appeal and it will get cut to 5 games. Bautista will get 6 games off for his part and after appeals will likely see it cut to 3. The league will send him the message that dirty slides that could seriously injure another player will not be tolerated since this was his second offense this season in that regard.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Captain Morgan

if a player gets hit by a pitch, and takes exception to it, instead of just being a man and letting it go or charging the mound, he does a dirty take out slide against the smallest guy on the field. How did that work out for Joey Bats? lol

BigSexyHog

The Rangers and odor are all classless little punks.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BigSexyHog

Never seen a bigger bunch of cry baby's before the ranger fans.  Their women parts every single second or every single day.  They are about on the same level as cowgirl fans
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Dr. Starcs

I seriously wanna know how the rangers are in the wrong here.

The jays acted like fools last year as did their fans by throwing stuff all over the field. They had already had two coaches tossed before the brawl even took place.

Bautista as mentioned before got drilled and admitted he wated to send a message on his slide that he didnt appreciate it. He picked on the smallest guy on the field and paid for it. Joey guns got cold cocked by Rougie Fist.

And the blue jays were the ones crying after the game in their comments.

DeltaBoy

Odor got a nasty Right.

HogInThaGrove

What happened was one of the oldest of baseball's unwritten rules:  You show us up, you get plunked.  Bautista should have expected in his first at-bat in the first game they played this year, but he got it in his last from arguably the hardest thrower the Rangers have.  Deal with it Bautista.  You knew it was coming.  Joe Carter hit a walk-off home run for those same Blue Jays in the World Series and he didn't flip a bat and stare it down and what not.  Granted it was a much shorter home run, but still, he didn't show the Phillies up.  Joey Bats sealed his fate with the bat flip.  He knew it was coming.  And that he objected to it and didn't appreciate it means he doesn't understand the unwritten rules and is a cry baby.  He knew it was coming.  He should have said "the pitch didn't hurt, and I knew it was coming.  I'd take a ball to the ribs every single day to hit a walk-off in the divisional playoff series".  Then he'd have been a hero to Toronto.  He just looks like a baby now.

And Odor was just a small piece of the batting helmet away from it being lights out for ole Joey Bats.  Little guys like Rougie have a lot of pent up aggression and aren't gonna back down.  Bautista knew the slide was late and dirty.  If he had "hurt" Odor like he said he could have, it would have made the situation even worse.  He brought this all on himself.  I, for one, am happy to see a little passion and aggression back in the game.  Hell, we can barely even have collisions at home plate anymore.  It's become a finesse game.  No fun.  Need some old school back in the game.  And this was just one example of how the old school operated. 

Captain Morgan

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on May 16, 2016, 09:58:42 am
What happened was one of the oldest of baseball's unwritten rules:  You show us up, you get plunked.  Bautista should have expected in his first at-bat in the first game they played this year, but he got it in his last from arguably the hardest thrower the Rangers have.  Deal with it Bautista.  You knew it was coming.  Joe Carter hit a walk-off home run for those same Blue Jays in the World Series and he didn't flip a bat and stare it down and what not.  Granted it was a much shorter home run, but still, he didn't show the Phillies up.  Joey Bats sealed his fate with the bat flip.  He knew it was coming.  And that he objected to it and didn't appreciate it means he doesn't understand the unwritten rules and is a cry baby.  He knew it was coming.  He should have said "the pitch didn't hurt, and I knew it was coming.  I'd take a ball to the ribs every single day to hit a walk-off in the divisional playoff series".  Then he'd have been a hero to Toronto.  He just looks like a baby now.

And Odor was just a small piece of the batting helmet away from it being lights out for ole Joey Bats.  Little guys like Rougie have a lot of pent up aggression and aren't gonna back down.  Bautista knew the slide was late and dirty.  If he had "hurt" Odor like he said he could have, it would have made the situation even worse.  He brought this all on himself.  I, for one, am happy to see a little passion and aggression back in the game.  Hell, we can barely even have collisions at home plate anymore.  It's become a finesse game.  No fun.  Need some old school back in the game.  And this was just one example of how the old school operated.

Exactly. This is baseball not golf. It's not a gentlemen's game.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 16, 2016, 06:13:55 am
Never seen a bigger bunch of cry baby's before the ranger fans.  Their women parts every single second or every single day.  They are about on the same level as cowgirl fans
Quote from: BigSexyHog on May 16, 2016, 06:12:22 am
The Rangers and odor are all classless little punks.

Outside Canucks and Eric Byrnes on MLB network most disagree with you. Let me explain this more

Ever since game 5, Toronto has played with a swagger against the Rangers that suggested "we own you". Losing 3 of 4 in Toronto did nothing but substantiate it. The fact that there was no retaliation in Toronto may have caused the BJ's to think we intended to do nothing about the bat flip. Seemed that the BJ's respected us even less for not retaliating. There was a palpable bully vibe coming from the BJ's right up until Rocky(I mean Ruggie) took care of business. The vibe is gone, the curse is lifted, and the BJ's are leaving town with their TAILS BETWEEN THEIR LEGS. This was a season changing moment for both teams. The swagger is ours and the bruises belong to them. The BJ's will never look at their team mate Joey the same again, because the littlest Ranger stood up to the big bad bully and brought him down like David did Goliath. Joey didn't really want to finish what Rocky(oops - Ruggie) started and all his team mates saw it. With an inning left to go in a 1 run game it was obvious the BJ's didn't care about winning anymore they just wanted out of Texas. They looked shocked and stunned rather than mad and my boys looked like the celebration was already starting. Joey looked like someone who grew up affluent in the Dominican Republic...Ruggie looked like someone who grew up on the mean streets of Venezuela. GLORIOUS GLORIOUS VICTORY.

southarkhog06

I once threw something at someone because they hurt my feelings, then I went through puberty and grew up.

Captain Morgan

Dr. Starcs,
Looks like the punk Donaldson got hit by Odor too.
So I suppose we got payback on those two punks.

Dr. Starcs

And deservedly so.

Excellent points hoginthagrove and capt Morgan!

clutch

Quote from: southarkhog06 on May 16, 2016, 12:48:41 pm
I once threw something at someone because they hurt my feelings, then I went through puberty and grew up.

Exactly. I'm about as old school baseball as you will get, but the one thing I've never agreed on is this issue. If you don't want somebody to bat flip on you, get them out. Simple as that. If they hit a homerun and get pumped up, it's not their fault, it's yours.

There's a post in this very thread where the poster mentions that the game has become too finesse and no fun. Well players getting pumped up and emotional is fun. There's nothing fun about risking injury of another player by hurling an object 90-100 mph at them. If you do, you can't be mad when that leads them to try to take out your guy with a hard slide.

If I'm Odor in that situation I walk up and punch my pitcher instead. AL pitchers have it too easy. They can sit there and plunk other guys with fastballs because they don't have to worry about retaliation since they don't step into a box. If you are going to hit a guy, do it with something offspeed.

pigture perfect

I honestly don't mind the bat-flips. I do think pitchers need to protect their batters though. If a pitcher is wild and hits a couple of your guys, hit the pitcher and show them how it feels. That's one reason I like the NL.

McKdaddy

I loved the hell out of Bautista's bat flip, even though I've never been a fan of his and was pulling for TX that series. It got me pumped-up. Wish my gym would play it on a loop.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Dr. Starcs

C'mon McK, are you honestly saying if Bautista had done that to the cardinals you would feel the same way?

McKdaddy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 16, 2016, 07:35:32 pm
C'mon McK, are you honestly saying if Bautista had done that to the cardinals you would feel the same way?

No, no, Doc. I wouldn't have liked it. I should've qualified my above post w/ that statement.

More the point of my post should've been that this typically old school fan did like that bat flip.

But yeah, my in-law Rangers fans hated it and I can understand those feelings.

Dr. Starcs

Haha. Just so we're clear.

So you can also understand why rangers fans are so glad yesterday happened?

McKdaddy

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 16, 2016, 07:56:44 pm
Haha. Just so we're clear.

So you can also understand why rangers fans are so glad yesterday happened?

Yes. I'd liked to have seen the Rangers plunk him in his first AB of game 1 of this season.

Dr. Starcs

I understand that view.

But I also think it was great they did it in Arlington after the way the jays fans threw crap all over the field last year when things weren't going well for them. (Also started by Rougned being called rightfully safe at home on a heads up play)

I actually called for it last week when they were in Toronto and was disappointed nothing happened. But yesterday made up for it. Lol

clutch

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on May 16, 2016, 07:35:32 pm

I don't mind my team being bat flipped against. To me, it's a fun way of showing you are excited about what you did without causing too much of a scene. A quick bat flip, a little hop like Bonds used to do, a quick stare like Griffey Jr, all were fine with me. I'd much rather see something like that than a player hitting a bomb and jawing at a pitcher the whole way around the bases. No harm done.

It's kind of like getting dunked on. You don't want it to happen to you, but if it does then the player that did it obviously deserved to be a little pumped. If you don't want it to happen either learn how to jump higher or get out of the way. Same goes for homeruns. Either throw a better pitch or don't give them anything to hit.

Dr. Starcs

Clutch, I can guarantee you whoever your team is wouldnt feel the same way.

And that's all that really matters here.