Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC-Themed Desserts including Groom's Cakes

Started by Dcace83, July 24, 2008, 01:51:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jbcarol

July 02, 2012, 03:25:56 pm #51 Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:27:27 pm by jbcarol

Courtesy Dawn Davenport, Channel 2 Sports
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

The tree looks dead...........

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

3BoarsDown

I feel bad I missed the big day for OxBaker and T I G E R (Solomwi), I know they've been waiting to get hitched for a long time. Appropriate cake for those lovebirds though.

zane

They should have put a couple 55gal drums next to it that say POISON with the skull and cross bones ;)
RIP LSUfan

Murr

More tastefull than the Georgia Tech fan's cake of Uga getting run over by a car.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: jbcarol on October 04, 2012, 03:26:52 pm
LSU
Yeah, but you can't have a LSU wedding cake without corn dogs! I definitely don't see any evidence of those on this sucker.

Hawg Balling

October 06, 2012, 10:23:40 am #60 Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 10:25:43 am by Hawg Balling
I'll be honest, that's a pretty badarse wedding cake for an LSU fan/alum.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Couple has Texas A&M wedding, which includes jerseys, a ref, Kyle Field cake and more

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/07/couple_has_texas_am_wedding_wh.html

Cake design could work for A&M fans or fishermen who like that style of tackle box.

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 5h
Birthday cake media member brought to Jameis at presser today. pic.twitter.com/0q59CfLNDe

jbcarol

Josh Harrellson ‏@BigJorts55  12h
Thank you to my Kentucky mother for this cake! And thank you to @KySportsRadio for the nickname! pic.twitter.com/TvDLJ1MHuF

Jorts

jbcarol

jbcarol

John Cohen ‏@Coach_Cohen ·1 hr
Best Cake Ever "@ShaneSanford10: Finally have Wifi in Jamaica & can tweet @stricklinMSU a pic of my groom's cake pic.twitter.com/zCFuBQDjNf"

jbcarol

jbcarol

There is some discussion on the quantity of meals provided for NCAA athletes on scholarship. Perhaps that led to former UK guard Doron Lamb's choice of favorite cake.
Today, in the Wildcat Coal Lodge, a gourmet chef is available 24/7 to whip something up.

Doron Lamb ‏@DLamb20  Apr 9
The best cake pic.twitter.com/hHtfSSPXQn

jbcarol

SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter  7h
Happy 100th birthday, Wrigley!
@Cubs will celebrate today with 400-pound cake replica of stadium from the Cake Boss. pic.twitter.com/5rVhkTG1XB

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on April 23, 2014, 07:29:18 pm
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter  7h
Happy 100th birthday, Wrigley!
@Cubs will celebrate today with 400-pound cake replica of stadium from the Cake Boss. pic.twitter.com/5rVhkTG1XB

Sports Illustrated @SInow  ·  5h
Remember that amazing 400 lb Wrigley Field cake from yesterday? It ended up in a dumpster http://wp.me/p33p3O-gyT  (via @SI_ExtraMustard)

FOOD, WHERE ARE THEY NOW

The team threw away not only the game, but the cake, which was supposed to be displayed later that evening at the Cubs' annual charity event at the Field Museum. It wound up on a forklift somewhere on the neighboring streets, with lights and foul poles strewn onto the field and the scoreboard nowhere to be found.

And then it wound up in a dumpster.

"The Chicago Cubs are disappointed in how our Wrigley Field display cake was disposed by the Field Museum following our successful charity event. The team made a decision not to serve the edible portion after the cake was on display outside Wrigley Field for most of the day. Though the cake was mostly made up of non-edible material, it certainly does not excuse how a celebratory cake artfully created by Buddy Valastro and Carlo's Bakery was handled."

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

No pics of the cake yet but one couple went all in on the Vol-themed wedding:

Robby Lowe @robby_lowe@Vol_Football
say I do. And go vols
3:00 PM - 18 May 2014

tickets for invitations

jbcarol

jbcarol

Billy Gilley @billygilley  ·  Jun 1
@AUFAMILY my AUFamily hooked me up with a 0:01 Grooms Cake!

jbcarol

gene williams @Sotpdawg  ·  Jul 1

@ajcuga my birthday cake!

jbcarol

Arkansas Razorbacks @ArkRazorbacks  ·  Jul 4
Wow! Thx for sharing! RT@MichaelDMills1: Celebrating the 4th #RedWhiteWooo style . Happy birthday girls

jbcarol

jbcarol

Josh Kendall @JoshatTheState  ·  17h

RT @Gr8AmCookies: @JoshatTheState Celebrating NCAA's ruling on icing by sending president a dozen Cookie Cakes.

NCAA did not squash South Carolina for their iced cookies.

Josh Kendall @JoshatTheState  ·  22h

NCAA enforcement really has gone soft RT @gogamecocks: Gamecocks, cookie cake icing get reprieve from NCAA http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/08/05/604987/gamecocks-cookie-cake-icing-get.html ...

jbcarol

Clay TravisVerified account ‏@ClayTravisBGID

Awesome. RT @danielpower298: Vols wedding cake pic.twitter.com/12vpQhLGZj

jbcarol

Belle Es You @SouthernbeLLSU
Mean Mississippi State fans! 👊😉
2:52 PM - 23 Sep 2014

jbcarol

Emily Faye Abbott @NotoriousEFA  ·  21h 21 hours ago
This morning at Bearden Kroger. Oh Kroger...

jbcarol

darren rovell        ✔ @darrenrovell
Mississippi State fan paid $500 for this cake http://bustedcoverage.com/2014/11/13/introducing-the-500-mississippi-state-bulldog-cake/ ... (via @bustedcoverage)
6:52 PM - 13 Nov 2014

jbcarol

Alisha Dunn @Alshnicole  ·  Nov 27
Happy 98th Birthday to my great great aunt,  a life long UK fan! #BBN
Love making her cakes!

jbcarol

Darren Rovell @darrenrovell  ·  21 hours ago
A look at the dessert for Oregon & FSU players at the Lawry's Beef Bowl  (via @quick_slant)

AnonymousHog

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Genia Vincent @murphfan03  ·  10 hours ago

Awesome cake for @High_Chief_LV96 send off party!

Mizzou DT Lucas Vincent

jbcarol

Jeremy Crabtree @jeremycrabtree  ·  13 hours ago
Your move #SEC rivals. #OleMiss sees your cookie cake & raises with full cake to DaMarkus Lodge RT @DaMarkusLodge18: "

jbcarol

GoGamecocks.com @gogamecocks  ·  12 hours ago
Recruiting weekend social snapshot: Cookie cakes are back http://scne.ws/8CpNwp

jbcarol

Darren Rovell @darrenrovell  ·  1 hour ago

NCAA reminder: You can't give a recruit a personalized jersey, but you can give him a personalized jersey cake