Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME #1 THREAD: #1 ARKANSAS (42-17) vs #4 ORAL ROBERTS (42-14)

Started by SPAL, May 29, 2017, 01:39:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

JHicks3636

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 02, 2017, 10:38:53 pm
I have heard of a hat trick but never a cat(fish) trick..

At least in Nashville they don't arrest us. We just fry them up after the game.

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: JHicks3636 on June 02, 2017, 10:41:25 pm

true this! Guaranteed to see a couple hit the ice.

Knot2brite

Quote from: JHicks3636 on June 02, 2017, 10:41:25 pm
Well in Pittsburgh they just win games and go eat afterwards....what is the deal with the catfish anyway
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

razCzar

Congrats to Arledge - player of the game.

Interesting post-game interview by Rick... Arledge is so smooth and articulate.  He kept referring to several teammates as "kids" - very funny.

JHicks3636

Quote from: Knot2brite on June 02, 2017, 10:44:38 pm
Well in Pittsburgh they just win games and go eat afterwards....what is the deal with the catfish anyway

Detroit has the octopus and we have the catfish. Just one of those things.

CJ HOG

I thought it was a good interview as well, he seems intelligent and very well spoken.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on June 02, 2017, 10:49:49 pm

Anyone got filet mignon?

jry04

We are going to rock Missouri State tomorrow. They are going to throw a RHP with a 4.96 ERA, 90K and 42 BB in 87 innings. MSU used their top 2 pitchers out of the bullpen. Fromson had the lowest WHIP in the country entering the game, and he threw 40 pitches today. Young is their 2nd best guy out of the pen and he threw 20 pitches. He could easily pitch tomorrow, but he may not be able to go long. I thought it was odd, but they brought Knutson out of the pen. He has been one of their weekend starters.

They are a quality team, but we usually have 1 poor hitting night in a week and then follow it up with an explosive offense the next game. I think tomorrow we put a lot of crooked numbers up.

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

N HOG

Hogs, so far, with only shutout of Day One. Really impressive.

JHicks3636

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hawgey-Davidson

Sho Nuff

Earnhardt

Earnhardt

John Snow

It's crazy how little we have been on tv this year outside of the SEC Tournament compared to other years considering how well we have played this year. The SEC network can't even play our game .  The SEC network should have a NFL red zone or the bases loaded channel version of sec teams playing in the NCAA tournament going back and forth when they don't have to telecast a game.

GuvHog

Quote from: CJ HOG on June 02, 2017, 10:17:27 pm
WPS!!!!!I can finally exhale!

I sweated it until the top of the 5th. Once the Hogs got that first run and Stephan settled in, I knew we had ORU on the ropes. When Stephan is on, he's money in the bank.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: John Snow on June 02, 2017, 11:54:19 pm
It's crazy how little we have been on tv this year outside of the SEC Tournament compared to other years considering how well we have played this year. The SEC network can't even play our game .  The SEC network should have a NFL red zone or the bases loaded channel version of sec teams playing in the NCAA tournament going back and forth when they don't have to telecast a game.
Just guessing, but I would imagine the SEC Network based it's schedule on who got televised on last year's win-loss records by the teams in the SEC. If the SEC Network does base their selections on the previous year's success, it's amazing we hit the airwaves even once.  Now next season we should be all over the network's airwaves during baseball season.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

bphi11ips

Quote from: JHicks3636 on June 02, 2017, 10:49:49 pm

Don't be surprised if Carrie Underwood tosses out the first catfish tonight.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

snoblind

Quote from: John Snow on June 02, 2017, 11:54:19 pm

Just not our games, but all SEC games.  What I don't understand is watching the SEC alternative channel with a test pattern all spring instead of more games.  I get it probably takes a lot more than simply flipping a switch in the studio,  but ESPN already has the announcers, cameras, etc. at the park.  If they have went to the expense to have all these games on watch ESPN seems like they would show them on the alternate for extra income.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: snoblind on June 03, 2017, 11:23:21 am
Just not our games, but all SEC games.  What I don't understand is watching the SEC alternative channel with a test pattern all spring instead of more games.  I get it probably takes a lot more than simply flipping a switch in the studio,  but ESPN already has the announcers, cameras, etc. at the park.  If they have went to the expense to have all these games on watch ESPN seems like they would show them on the alternate for extra income.

This has puzzled me all year. Why even have the stations if you aren't going to use them. What really pissed me of is when our game is actually on and the game before it runs into our game, they always show the game will be on the alternative channel but it never is.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HamIAm

Quote from: N HOG on June 02, 2017, 11:16:23 pm
Hogs, so far, with only shutout of Day One. Really impressive.

Stanford shut out Sacramento State 10-0 in their day one game.  They just opened Thursday because of the BYU "no play on Sunday" situation,.