Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Staff plans on recruiting Saturday

Started by ricepig, November 22, 2017, 12:36:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

I can plan to go fishing Saturday, but if I die Friday night, well, that changes things.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

SPAL

I plan on quitting my job after I win the lottery.

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteStaff plans on recruiting Saturday

Oh really.

For who?

President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

ShadowTheHedgehog

"Do you address your status or the outside noise with your players? Yeah, when (Jeff Long) was fired we addressed it with the team. They are in it to win it. I have had players come up to me and talked privately. We have a tremendous family environment here."

I can see the players busting their behinds for the seniors and CBB's possible last game.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on November 22, 2017, 01:14:58 pm

Oh really.

For who?

I can appreciate this, until thy say stop you just keep going.

PorkSoda

CBB is doing it the right way.  he will run this program right up until the day they ask him not to.  I think that is why he hasn't been fired.  I have all the respect in the world for CBB even if things didn't work out here for him.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on November 22, 2017, 01:17:01 pm
"Do you address your status or the outside noise with your players? Yeah, when (Jeff Long) was fired we addressed it with the team. They are in it to win it. I have had players come up to me and talked privately. We have a tremendous family environment here."

I can see the players busting their behinds for the seniors and CBB's possible last game.

If this is the case, one must ask why they haven't been doing so the entire year.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

PorkSoda

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 22, 2017, 01:19:55 pm
If this is the case, one must ask why they haven't been doing so the entire year.
they have been for the most part, but players can't overcome bad game plans and poor coaching.

things haven't worked out this year.  the SEC is an extremely competitive conference where good teams get munched by great teams.

what was out OOC loss? #10 TCU? This just wasn't our year.  we need a coach that can make this year our year not next year.  hope we find one.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hogcards

I can see this as well.

That 5-7 mark is still attainable.

It should be a pretty tight game.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

The NewEra

My guess is the staff will decide to punt this time.

jst01

Well yea...any AD looking to hire him would want to hear that. BB might not be the best coach here but he's not a dumb guy.

beachhawg

Sad thing is if players start busting their butts for seniors and bielema now there is a problem   They should have been busting it all year

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

jabberjawls

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 12:43:37 pm
I can plan to go fishing Saturday, but if I die Friday night, well, that changes things.
Does that mean you will stop posting all of the nonsense that you post?

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 22, 2017, 01:19:29 pm
CBB is doing it the right way.  he will run this program right up until the day they ask him not to.  I think that is why he hasn't been fired.  I have all the respect in the world for CBB even if things didn't work out here for him.

Piggfoot

He's remaining classy just like he asks his players to do. Does he and the players make mistakes.  Yes.
He is handling this with much more class than Petrino or Nutt.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

rzrbackramsfan

Yea I'm sure the next employer will want to hear he'a got some good recruits that will come to their school.

moses_007

Bert will be unemployed Saturday morning. 

daBoar

Quote from: PorkSoda on November 22, 2017, 01:19:29 pm
This................Classy, even when things don't appear to work out.

Poker_hog

Most of theses coaches including possibly even bert will be coaching next year.  They'll do right by the recruits for thier own benefit.  They don't want to burn bridges with high school coaches.  I don't think they are delusional enough to think bert will be here next year, nor do I think they care how good the recruiting class is after they are fired.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

ur

He will get a call before the first cheese curd is downed.

Snouty

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 12:43:37 pm

You mean people don't fish in Heaven?

IronMountainHog

Recruiting UHaul, Atlas Van Lines, or Two Men and a Truck? Gonna need a moving company in about 48-72 hours.

HogCard

Quote from: hogcards on November 22, 2017, 01:28:49 pm
I can see this as well.

That 5-7 mark is still attainable.

It should be a pretty tight game.

Seriously?  You couldn't come up with a better handle than adding a "s" to mine? Registered Feb 1, 2005.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2017, 12:36:35 pm
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkansas-football/bret-bielema-asked-status-arkansas-future-holds/
Well, they planned not to go 4-8 this year too but we saw how that worked out. They won't be doing anything Saturday AM but cleaning out their offices.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Pigsrus

Bert just wants his "per diem" allowance for food and gas mileage.  Hopefully he is informed of his status before he leaves the locker room. 

You folks remember this is Arkansas and predicting what the powers will do next is like trying to win the lottery.  I doubt Bret will change is routine much until fired, if fired.  But that hasn't gotten us anything but heartburn for 5 years and that changing isn't in the cards.  I suspect Bret will still be burping turkey, dressing, trimmings and calorie heavy deserts on Saturday and likely napping beer for the most part.  Might make a call or two to maybe a recruit or High School coach so he can straight faced claim he worked that day.