Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FBI investigation

Started by dawn2tusk, November 16, 2017, 09:28:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dawn2tusk

Seems to have died down with not a lot of results.  Whatev

jjdlc

I've seen new stuff popping up every few days.  An investigation that big doesn't happen over night.

Fan701

Quote from: dawn2tusk on November 16, 2017, 09:28:49 am
Seems to have died down with not a lot of results.  Whatev
When the news broke I thought it was a big deal:  Now we had proof that some schools were paying players.  But so far not a whole lot has happened, other than Pitino getting fired.  I've read that even the Auburn players Chuckie Person paid might become eligible again.  Bruce Pearl is still at his job.  Collin Sexton was paid and is back after only a one game suspension. I thought evidence that players were getting paid was going to be a bigger deal, too.  Oh well, I'm still glad we're clean, even though it appears we'll still have to face teams with quasi-professional players on them. 

runich

Message from the NCAA:  It's ok to cheat.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Fan701 on November 16, 2017, 10:01:40 am
When the news broke I thought it was a big deal:  Now we had proof that some schools were paying players.  But so far not a whole lot has happened, other than Pitino getting fired.  I've read that even the Auburn players Chuckie Person paid might become eligible again.  Bruce Pearl is still at his job.  Collin Sexton was paid and is back after only a one game suspension. I thought evidence that players were getting paid was going to be a bigger deal, too.  Oh well, I'm still glad we're clean, even though it appears we'll still have to face teams with quasi-professional players on them.

I wish I was surprised by any of this.  Meanwhile you have a punter down in Florida who started a Youtube channel that the NCAA would not allow to play. 

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein
3h3 hours ago

USC's De'Anthony Melton is not scheduled to play tonight against Vanderbilt, per a school spokesman. Result of link to FBI investigation.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

CRAWFORD | Louisville makes the right move in releasing Bowen for immediate transfer

QuoteLOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – The University of Louisville on Wednesday did the right thing where freshman Brian Bowen is concerned.

The 5-star recruit whose father is alleged to have received part of a promised $100,000 -- in exchange for his son attending the University of Louisville and, upon reaching the NBA, signing with adidas, agent Christian Dawkins and financial advisor Merl Code – has been released to transfer to another school and seek eligibility to play there, the school announced.

Bowen says he had no knowledge of the scheme to pay his family, brought to light in a complaint filed by the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and in subsequent indictments.

According to Bowen's attorney, the FBI last month...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Fan701

Quote from: jbcarol on November 23, 2017, 07:23:53 am
CRAWFORD | Louisville makes the right move in releasing Bowen for immediate transfer

My take-away is that if the school pays the player's family, and the player can plausibly deny knowledge of the payment, then he can become eligible.  That would explain why Collin Sexton is playing. 

jbcarol

Louisville Basketball‏Verified account @LouisvilleMBB

Brian Bowen will not play at the University of Louisville. He may remain on scholarship but will not be allowed to practice or compete