Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scale of 1-10, how confident are you this Saturday vs TAMU?

Started by Sweet Feet, September 17, 2017, 05:49:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How confident are you in Arkansas' chances vs TAMU?

Junkyard Hog

Probably similar to the confidence of most Aggie fans.

Pecos Hog

3.    Anything can happen, but our chances of winning are low.    Have not seen anything from this team that tells me they can compete with other SEC teams yet.   Yes, even TAMU.   

swinemaster

I don't think we're as talented as TAMU.  I also don't think there is much belief or heart up on the hill right now. 

Kirk will hurt us in the return game.  Their defense will be stiffer against the run than ours will be.  Neither team can pass consistently, but they have shown big play capability in their passing game.  We have not.  We don't have a kicker as far as we know.

What is there to be confident in?

Uniform Magic?

Qadi999

Quote from: GuvHog on September 18, 2017, 08:34:04 am
I question what you think you saw against TCU. The Hogs would have won that game with an average passing game. It wasn't as ugly as some are saying.
I question what you think you saw against TCU

SPAL

jkstock04

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on September 18, 2017, 05:16:36 pm

If zero was an option, I would have picked it.
You really think so? I see A&M as a small notch above the average Sunbelt team. This has gotta at least be a coin flip for us.

What am I missing?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HoopS

Until we beat them, my expectation is to lose to them. The homer in me wouldn't let me pick 1.

But this game needs to be won. I'm sick of losing to them.

No excuses.

hehawg

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

flynhog

I have a good friend who is aTm alum.  Every year we text back and forth during the game.  He's had it with Sumlin and said this is the year that the Hogs will win. I hope he's right.
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

Sweet Feet

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 18, 2017, 05:21:01 pm
You really think so? I see A&M as a small notch above the average Sunbelt team. This has gotta at least be a coin flip for us.

What am I missing?

What average Sun Belt team goes up 44-10 on UCLA? Don't get it twisted, A&M still has athletes.

Tarheelhawg

5.  It is time to Cowboy up and Win!!!  Anything else is not worthy of those tribute uniforms! 

hamsam

"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

redneckfriend

If Austin Allen can't get it together and look like an SEC quarterback it will be a long day for Arkansas. It seems Allen is not comfortable with the separation he is seeing from the wide receivers and holding the ball far too long. Given what A&M has seen on tape regarding his performance this year they should prep to stop the run and make Allen throw. If Arkansas is forced to use a run only offense the O-line just isn't good enough to overpower A&M's front seven down after down.

The coaches probably need to change up the offense and start using the tight ends more as well as passes to the running backs. It isn't ideal because it is hard to drive 75 yards with that kind of offense but it might open up play action runs, especially if they use Hayden to get some speed to the outside. A&M has quarterback issues as well of course but they looked pretty good in the second half against U La La. Two poor teams and it's hard to know but I haven't seen anything from the quarterback position to make me confident things will change. Quarterback position is always critical but with the Arkansas defense being adequate at best and not having the O-line talent to use a power running game it is really is where the buck stops for this team.

MJ2

A&M wakes up out of their stupor and the QB has a career day.   Ags - 34  CBB- 14

jkstock04

Quote from: Sweet Feet on September 18, 2017, 08:49:58 pm
What average Sun Belt team goes up 44-10 on UCLA? Don't get it twisted, A&M still has athletes.
That was before they lost their qb...correct? Believe me I'm not a sunshine and rainbows guy but let's call a spade a spade here. A&M struggled against Nichols state and Layfayette.

Its maybe a bit concerning they started clicking in 2nd half of Layfayette game...but it's not like this is a juggernaut A&M team. I don't see this as a mountain of a challenge this year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

phadedhawg

My confidence is pegged at 0%.  When a coach has your number they have your number. 

Until we beat Texas A&M I expect to lose every time. 

Pig in the Pokey

well this is very telling 

- 50 (17.4%)
- 38 (13.2%)
- 56 (19.4%)
- 37 (12.8%)
- 35 (12.2%)
- 16 (5.6%)
- 18 (6.3%)
- 17 (5.9%)
- 9 (3.1%)
- 12 (4.2%)
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

SDZ_Hog

Beer weight
4 in 1st                   x .5           2 skeptical but we have a chance
6 in the 2nd            x 1.5          9  feeling good with a chance to win good buzz going
2 in the 3rd             x 2             4  lot's of 3 and outs and trips to the bathroom 
1 in the 4th             x 2.5          2.5  typical TAMU comeback in 4th like previous years and drunk off my a double s by 2:00 (14:00)

BigSexyHog

Quote from: RazorChuck on September 17, 2017, 07:34:11 pm

This would have been mine.  CBB has shown nothing in the past few years that he can beat Sumlin and A&M. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

We have indicated no reason that we want. deserve or care if we win or lose.  WE have many serious problems with this team.  We have 8 win talent, a 5 win assistant coaching staff and a 2 win 
HC.  A&M will need to give up and roll over for us to win.  We cannot beat them but they might out quit us.  If I was a betting person, I would take A&M and give the 3.5 points.

GuvHog

Quote from: Sweet Feet on September 18, 2017, 08:49:58 pm

the same team that scored only 6 points in the second half and lost to UCLA. Remember, A&M jumped out to that big lead with their starting QB playing. Once he went down and out for the season, their offense was terrible.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Ex-Trumpet

aTm is a much bigger clusterfjord than the Hogs.  Even if Smiley was on the sidelines Hogs win this one.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

GuvHog

Quote from: IronHog on September 19, 2017, 05:59:29 pm

ATM wins easily if they don't turn the ball over.

Not with the back up QB starting they won't.

If UCLA can shut down A&M's offense for a half, the Aggies aren't going to score many points against the Hogs.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Porkette

I feel pretty much 50-50. Anything could happen.

I don't like that A&M's quarterback had these past two games to get more settled in and comfortable before they play us.
GO HOGS GO!

MemphisBossHog

MemphisBossHog

This will be a tough game.  Both teams will be trying to salvage their seasons. Both fan bases are disappointed so far.

From Ark perspective, if the Hogs win, well they beat an Aggie team that is in shambles, who's coach is on the hot seat, who blew a 34 pt lead in the 4th quarter at UCLA.

And if the Hogs lose, well we lost to an Aggie team that is in shambles, who's coach is on the hot seat, who blew a 34 lead in the 4th quarter in the 4th quarter at UCLA. 

Right now, I will take a win any way we can get it, cause after A$M, we get NMSt and then the gauntlet begins. We needs a win in the worst way.

tangman

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on September 17, 2017, 06:29:23 pm
I will give it an 8.   Bielema has been pretty good at coming back strong after a  bad loss.  Plus,  I think the team is better than what they showed against TCU.
4. I want to see a better team, but can't believe it until I see it. I will still be there cheering them on.

Pigsknuckles

I am confident that we will rise to our usual level of under-performance.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"