Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off season off topic snow report.

Started by hobhog, January 16, 2018, 09:49:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Only got under two inches here in Little Rock but roads are covered and not melting. Very treacherous. Amazing for as little snow received, and with high of 24 today not sure tomorrow morning will be much better.

Nafunu32

Luckily the past snow storms have schooled us as a state to budget for this stuff.  ARDOT can actually pretreat roads and then continue to work on them as they get worse.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on January 16, 2018, 01:01:50 pm
About 4 inches here in Pine Bluff.

That's what she said......................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

SemperHawg

Nothing here in Fayetteville, but the Wind Chill values barely climbed out of negative numbers today.  -16 windchill when I woke up this morning.  Dry and Cold!

goodguytex

Around 4 inches this morning in Texarkana. I had to drive to work in it around 4am. We had rain, then sleet fall and freeze, then snow on top of it which made the roads extremely treacherous this morning. They're in great shape now for the most part.

BR

2 1/2", -6 with -22 wind chill this morning in NW Missouri. Freaking cold.
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

apcapri

Central Florida....was in the 70's today. No snow in sight.

Cassperr

Quote from: goodguytex on January 16, 2018, 04:33:19 pm
Around 4 inches this morning in Texarkana. I had to drive to work in it around 4am. We had rain, then sleet fall and freeze, then snow on top of it which made the roads extremely treacherous this morning. They're in great shape now for the most part.

I30 out towards fulton was HORRIBLE when I left work at 0700
Went and picked up the GF at St Mike when she got off. pulled 3 cars across summerhill bridge before we finally got bored and decided to go home and goto sleep.
Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.

lahawg1

Flrazrback

Currently 48 in NW Florida with a projected low of 26. Chance of "winter precipitation" that's sleet and maybe a flurry..

SkeeterHawg

93 here in Papua New Guinea. 80% chance of rain...same as it was the previous 364 days. Snow? What's snow?

LZH

Quote from: apcapri on January 16, 2018, 07:05:31 pm

Was pretty cool up in Lake City this morning. And I haven't worn jeans in three years.

LZH

Quote from: Flrazrback on January 16, 2018, 07:38:45 pm
Currently 48 in NW Florida with a projected low of 26. Chance of "winter precipitation" that's sleet and maybe a flurry..

Yikes

WATER HOG

2 1/2" in Glencoe Ar Great time for burning brush piles WPS!!!

widespreadsooie

Quote from: apcapri on January 16, 2018, 07:05:31 pm

Lucky. Sound like my Dad who lives in Sarasota lol.

bphi11ips

9 degrees and 4 inches of fresh powder in Nashville, TN.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

LZH

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 16, 2018, 08:23:49 pm
9 degrees and 4 inches of fresh powder in Nashville, TN.

Lord I hate cold weather.

PonderinHog

10 degrees here in WR, but it's a dry cold.

MissippHog

Quote from: LZH on January 16, 2018, 08:35:51 pm
Lord I hate cold weather.
Me too.

9 degrees with a wind chill of 0 here in Southaven.  Some of the snow melted today, most is still around though.

duckman

jacobp

About a foot on the ground and lake effect snow falling here in south bend, IN

EastexHawg

Almost 3 inches east of Tyler, TX.  I never saw it get above  21 degrees today.  16 now with all the snow still on the ground.

razCzar

27 degrees and an inch in Atlanta.
Yikes!   :D

husker71

82 degrees today at Alona Beach PI   but terrible hard rainstorm yesterday   mud slides on one side of the island

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 16, 2018, 02:14:05 pm
That's what she said......................
This always reminds me of the newslady who was tossing it to the weatherman one time...they had called for more snow than what actually fell, so she said "So where's that 8 inches you promised me last night?"

Oh lord...the red faces and cackling were unending. She was SO embarrassed..

Unfortunately this was pre-Youtube days, so it's not saved for posterity. But it happened...

goodguytex

Quote from: Cassperr on January 16, 2018, 07:06:35 pm
I30 out towards fulton was HORRIBLE when I left work at 0700
Went and picked up the GF at St Mike when she got off. pulled 3 cars across summerhill bridge before we finally got bored and decided to go home and goto sleep.
I was out in my truck taking a break around 10 yesterday, and I watched 2 vehicles... A sedan and an SUV try to turn out of state Mike drive by Sam's and drive up the hill to get on I30 to head toward Arkansas. They couldn't do it, wound up back at the bottom.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: SkeeterHawg on January 16, 2018, 08:06:07 pm
93 here in Papua New Guinea. 80% chance of rain...same as it was the previous 364 days. Snow? What's snow?
The girls still run around topless down there? Any of those badassed dudes that can Bobby Boucher their way through a High School equivalency test? Asking for a friend. #hammerdown
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

DEVIL DOG HOG

No snow but 5 degrees this morning, in Morrilton.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Torqued pork

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 17, 2018, 05:37:56 am
The girls still run around topless down there? Any of those badassed dudes that can Bobby Boucher their way through a High School equivalency test? Asking for a friend. #hammerdown

Not that I'm aware of. Mostly go topless for the cultural things like sing sings and greeting visiting dignitaries.  Young topless girls gave Prince Charles a kiss on the cheek at the airport couple of years back. That's about it.

razCzar

Found this on page 1 while checking the weather in my ole home state.  Looks like texASS is screwing with us again!!  Even gettin' a little missisSLIPPERY nearby... LOL

[CENSORED]-Shaped Weather Map Aroused A Storm Of Hilarity
https://www.yahoo.com/news/[CENSORED]-shaped-weather-map-aroused-201643674.html

EDIT: Oh, now that's funny, this link is censored

Seebs

Three inches, three times then I punched  ... wrong thread.

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

razCzar

Quote from: Seebs on January 17, 2018, 07:27:26 am
Three inches, three times then I punched  ... wrong thread.
It's there, I swear.
How big is your screen?  :-\