Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your Most Hated Team?

Started by Peter Porker, January 13, 2018, 04:23:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Which team do you hate the most and why?

Alabama (11 straight victories vs Arkansas)
LSU (drunk Cajuns are the worst)
Auburn (cheaters gone cheat)
Texas (spit)
Notre Dame (always preseason Top 25)

jmark

texas

alabama already showed what kind of weirdness goes on down there.

texas is personal
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

ALLVOL

Whenever I've seen threads like this on here over the years it always amazes me how bammer isn't higher on everyone's list.

Leadbelly

I think since we no longer face the burnt orange hoard every year....it auburn! Hate everything about them, including their sleazy ass used car salesman of a head coach. Their colors, both mascots....you name it I hate it about auburn! Oh yeah, I forgot to even mention their sleazy b-ball coach!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

Inhogswetrust

Whoever Arkansas plays next........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

my3boneheads

Ohio State in football. Duke in basketball. Penn State should have gotten the death penalty.

Hoggy Hogalot

Quote from: 247Hog on January 13, 2018, 04:37:22 pm
OU then Auburn

Grew up 8 miles from the border in Van Buren. You'd understand why OU if you had to work with a big amount of OU fans.
this is so true. I live in Alma and work in Ft Smith. So it's OU and after going to the basketball game this last weekend and putting up with Mizzou fans, they are a very close second. Also...those obnoxious Mizzou fans were tossed from the arena. I was very happy 😃

Danimal

I'm going with Aubbie -- they cheat, their fans are morons, and their coach is a false prophet.

Murr

The refs when we play Florida, Tennessee or Alabama

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Leadbelly on January 14, 2018, 06:45:41 pm
I think since we no longer face the burnt orange hoard every year....it auburn! Hate everything about them, including their sleazy ass used car salesman of a head coach. Their colors, both mascots....you name it I hate it about auburn! Oh yeah, I forgot to even mention their sleazy b-ball coach!
Death penalty will never happen. Sick bunch of cheaters.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

HogShat

Had to go with  ::hornsdown:: Matter of principle. As a whole I don't really hate a particular program but more specifically the people in it. Like when Miles was at LSU I despised that arrogant self centered [CENSORED], and wanted them to lose every game they played. Now that Eddie O is there, whom I admire and have a lot of respect for, I'll pull for them when we aren't playing them. Helps to be married to a LA girl. I did however pull for TX against USCw after what they had done to us. I don't want the coliseum to collapse during practice like I did when Pete Carrol was there. Now I just can't stand to see the Seahawks be successful.

razorchick73

Texas   ::hornsdown::

But they are closely followed by LSU.

HoggieStyle

So many hates.....

Oklahoma. Miami. Ohio State. Auburn. Florida. Ole Miss. Notre Dame.

That's enough for now.

rzrbaxfan

I don't care much for Bama, but I don't hate them.  After traveling there for a game when they weren't so great, I saw their "true" fans, and was actually impressed with how they treated us as guests.  I firmly believe that a large portion of their most vocal fanbase are folks that became fans after they started having success.

For me, it's LSU.  Their fans are pretty obnoxious when LSU is middle of the pack, and are intolerable when they are in the upper tier of the SEC.  I've attended more Ark/LSU games than any other Ark/insert-any-SEC-school games (including a trip to death valley), and cordial LSU fans just seem to be in the minority.

I get the history with Texas, but it's hard to hate a team we rarely play.  If I'm going to hate on a team we don't play, it'd likely be ASU.  I've met so many of their "fans" that have so much hatred for the U of A, but they really don't even keep up with ASU.  In a recent conversation with some ASU fans, they poked fun at the hogs for not making it to a bowl and hiring a coach from SMU.  I asked "what bowl did ASU go to?" and they didn't even know.  I also brought up that our "SMU coach" beat ASU this year and things got quiet.  I tried to talk about ASU's non-conference record and they got freaking hostile.  But I still don't hate them....they are just perpetuating what they've been taught.

HouSwine

For me it's 'Bama because their fans are obnoxious at the end of games they win. With their toilet paper, detergent and chant.
Tennessee comes in second because they think a bit too much of themselves too.

Jimmy

Every school has its fans who cross the line into obnoxious, over the top, behavior.  But LSU, far and away, has more than its share of drunk, mean spirited fans, who are hell bent on making life miserable for visiting fans.  No other SEC school even comes close.   A&M is cult-like and weird, but its fans are much better behaved. 

GoshenHog

1. Auburn
2. Auburn
3. Penn St.
4. Ohio St.
5. Texas
6. Ole Miss

sowmonella

Quote from: GoshenHog on January 15, 2018, 11:32:25 am
1. Auburn
2. Auburn
3. Penn St.
4. Ohio St.
5. Texas
6. Ole Miss

I agree but I would replace Penn State with Auburn.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Captain Hamerica

Athog

Always Miss but misery is gaining.

ALLVOL

There's almost a love affair by some Hog fans with bammer. I just don't get it. Just like the "SEC, SEC, SEC" chant. I guess I'm to old school and being a fan of a school in the "sec" I've watched bammer out cheat for so long I can't stand them.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: ALLVOL on January 15, 2018, 01:34:48 pm
There's almost a love affair by some Hog fans with bammer. I just don't get it. Just like the "SEC, SEC, SEC" chant. I guess I'm to old school and being a fan of a school in the "sec" I've watched bammer out cheat for so long I can't stand them.

Bama might as well be the Patriots. They'll come back to earth when Saban retires, which won't happen until he passes Bear for National Championships.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hoglady on January 13, 2018, 04:56:48 pm
Texas followed closely by Ohio St (I know they aren't on the list).

Is it OSU or is it Urban Meyer..? Cause I hate any team that arrogant a-hole is coaching. I look for God to sentence him to Arkansas just to teach me humility, but he would probably win and turn Arkansas into what we all want it to be. The whole time I'd be wishing for him to catch some sort of flesh eating virus that wouldn't kill him, but cripple his freaking face. Man I gotta go pray this down now....
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: trphog on January 13, 2018, 08:17:49 pm
:puke: Ohio State and it's not close. Live amongst their fans for a little bit. You'll understand.

Mine was always ND and Texas in a tie.  Then LSU when I got a little older, after some horrible fan experiences. 

FFWD a little more, and it has now become OSU.  A big part of that was from a businees trip I took there years ago.  At dinner, the subject of football came up.  I was expecting a rational conversation.  I didn't even get the first sentence out that included the words "Ohio State" before I was glared at, and corrected, that it was THE Ohio State University.  No way I'm letting that go...so I said, "Yeah, Ohio State...the Buckeyes.  Named after a tree.  Everyone knows who you are...what's the "THE" for?"  I was expecting a background story.  Nope.  What I got was another glare, demeaning laugh, and "It's about respect, and we've earned it." 

I'm not joking...I thought he was kidding, and jerking my chain.  I proceeded, because at this point NO WAY I'm letting that go.  "No really....is it because of Ohio University and a possible mix-up, maybe OSU being Oklahoma State or Oregon State...or what's the deal?"  At this point, the guy was genuinely offended, and ALL I had done is ask questions.  I was amused...he wasn't.

I REALLY wanted to say, "Seems kind of pompous to me that you want to add a "THE" as if that adds prestige or something, but I guess if you feel the need to distinguish yourselves despite being named after a tree, then that's your prerogative," but I genuinely think he would have taken a swing at me.   ;D 

Urban Meyer's smug face is the perfect fit for OSU, and it just adds to my reasons for disliking them.  Every year he managed to lose a game they should win, and I'm reminded about how much of a chump he was for leaving Florida when the going got too tough.       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on January 15, 2018, 02:22:20 pm
Mine was always ND and Texas in a tie.  Then LSU when I got a little older, after some horrible fan experiences. 

FFWD a little more, and it has now become OSU.  A big part of that was from a businees trip I took there years ago.  At dinner, the subject of football came up.  I was expecting a rational conversation.  I didn't even get the first sentence out that included the words "Ohio State" before I was glared at, and corrected, that it was THE Ohio State University.  No way I'm letting that go...so I said, "Yeah, Ohio State...the Buckeyes.  Named after a tree.  Everyone knows who you are...what's the "THE" for?"  I was expecting a background story.  Nope.  What I got was another glare, demeaning laugh, and "It's about respect, and we've earned it." 

I'm not joking...I thought he was kidding, and jerking my chain.  I proceeded, because at this point NO WAY I'm letting that go.  "No really....is it because of Ohio University and a possible mix-up, maybe OSU being Oklahoma State or Oregon State...or what's the deal?"  At this point, the guy was genuinely offended, and ALL I had done is ask questions.  I was amused...he wasn't.

I REALLY wanted to say, "Seems kind of pompous to me that you want to add a "THE" as if that adds prestige or something, but I guess if you feel the need to distinguish yourselves despite being named after a tree, then that's your prerogative," but I genuinely think he would have taken a swing at me.   ;D 

Urban Meyer's smug face is the perfect fit for OSU, and it just adds to my reasons for disliking them.  Every year he managed to lose a game they should win, and I'm reminded about how much of a chump he was for leaving Florida when the going got too tough.       

I'm with ya on that Meyer thing... I've always heard the phrase "I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire", but I really would set him on fire just so I could piss on him and tell him I did him a favor...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Hayden1865

Quote from: Hoggy Hogalot on January 14, 2018, 07:36:09 pm
this is so true. I live in Alma and work in Ft Smith. So it's OU and after going to the basketball game this last weekend and putting up with Mizzou fans, they are a very close second. Also...those obnoxious Mizzou fans were tossed from the arena. I was very happy 😃
Grew up in Greenwood, I can't agree more with the OU hate.
Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive.

HogShat

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on January 15, 2018, 03:04:35 pm
I'm with ya on that Meyer thing... I've always heard the phrase "I wouldn't piss on him if he were on fire", but I really would set him on fire just so I could piss on him and tell him I did him a favor...

Tell us how you really feel!! But to answer the question...

In 1986, a new University logo was introduced in the hopes of moving away from the "OSU" symbol, which had been used since 1977. The change from simply "OSU" was said to "reflect the national stature of the institution." University officials wanted the institution to be known as "The Ohio State University," again, since OSU could also mean Oregon State and Oklahoma State University.

However, the "The" was actually part of the state legislation when the university was renamed in 1878. The following excerpt is from the Board of Trustee minutes:

"...the educational institution heretofore known as the 'Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College,' shall be known and designated hereafter as 'The Ohio State University.'"

Those who wanted the name change thought the original name was too narrow in scope, and that it was inadequate for the institution that was the only beneficiary of the land grant act. President Edward Orton was insistent that a new name would separate the institution from other colleges in Ohio.

Legend also has it that "The" was used to show the other colleges which institution was supposed to be the leader in the state - both in size and in financial support from the legislature.

RebelW

LSU, ND, all the Northern teams

HogPharmer

Quote from: ALLVOL on January 14, 2018, 06:33:27 pm
Whenever I've seen threads like this on here over the years it always amazes me how bammer isn't higher on everyone's list.

Why? Bama is just a good team. Even if some of their fans are cocky, they have the team to back it up. Most of their fans are pretty nice when it comes down to it though--at least from my experience. Auburn, to me, is the worst. Because they bow their chest out like they are Bama, but they aren't Bama. Not even close. And it's funny how they think they are all that and a bag of chips, but when it comes down to it, they cheat to get their mediocre results.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

BearsBisonsBoars

Can I vote for Texass and write them in as well  ???

ALLVOL

Quote from: HogPharmer on January 15, 2018, 05:10:06 pm
Why? Bama is just a good team. Even if some of their fans are cocky, they have the team to back it up. Most of their fans are pretty nice when it comes down to it though--at least from my experience. Auburn, to me, is the worst. Because they bow their chest out like they are Bama, but they aren't Bama. Not even close. And it's funny how they think they are all that and a bag of chips, but when it comes down to it, they cheat to get their mediocre results.
Cheaing bothers you and you have no problem with bammer? That is amusing.

ALLVOL

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 15, 2018, 05:11:45 pm
Can I vote for Texass and write them in as well  ???
I can absolutely understand this sentiment.

HogPharmer

Quote from: ALLVOL on January 15, 2018, 05:12:40 pm
Cheaing bothers you and you have no problem with bammer? That is amusing.

In what way is Bama cheating? I'm not saying they aren't but everyone just assumes that just because they are good, then that must mean they are cheating. We know what Bucky Beaver did at Ole Miss. We know Cam got his big payday at Auburn. I've just never seen any evidence that Bama is cheating.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: HogPharmer on January 15, 2018, 05:19:27 pm
In what way is Bama cheating? I'm not saying they aren't but everyone just assumes that just because they are good, then that must mean they are cheating. We know what Bucky Beaver did at Ole Miss. We know Cam got his big payday at Auburn. I've just never seen any evidence that Bama is cheating.

CFPCCG  reffing was all the evidence I'll ever need.

HogPharmer

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 15, 2018, 05:25:41 pm
CFPCCG  reffing was all the evidence I'll ever need.

So did Saban pay off the refs?

Peter Porker

You ever see their athletes' cars? Look up Trent Richardson being pulled over.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on January 13, 2018, 06:41:35 pm
Alabama- obnoxious fans that were no where to be found when Dubose, Franchione, and Shula were coaching
Auburn- Cheaters and THE puke - Gus
I would also need to add Ohio State- can't stand Urban Crier
and Ped State- should have gotten the more of a punishment
Notre Dame- Divas that don't have to follow any rules.
Michigan- more specifically HATE Harbaugh
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Peter Porker

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

roothawg

HogPharmer

ALLVOL

Check your history. Look four things like vacated wins, bowl bans, scholly restrictions etc. Don't go all the way back to the GodFather of cheating "the bear". Just start with Albert Means.

flynhog

1. Florida by far.  It's seething.....
2  Tied. Alabama or LSU
4. For some reason I can't stand Missouri
5. Navy with much respect
6. Air Force with respect
7. Notre Dame
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

jkstock04

I judge something like this off the fan base so I voted LSU for obvious reasons.

Bama winning national championships every year gets old as well so they come a close 2nd. I didn't watch 1 second of the post game celebrating...I've seen that movie about 10 Times now every January.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Michael D Huff AIA

Ole Miss has to make that list. 

Hog N Bama

Hog N Bama

Torqued pork

Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 16, 2018, 01:16:33 pm
Agree. Dodge/Chrysler is junk
Quote from: Hog N Bama on January 16, 2018, 01:16:33 pm
Agree. Dodge/Chrysler is junk
Yeah, but cheating is cheating, right? He!!, we have  holier than thou fans who would feel tarnished if recruits got extra Catfish Hole hushpuppies on their official visit.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 15, 2018, 05:28:12 pm
You ever see their athletes' cars? Look up Trent Richardson being pulled over.

Good rides happen everywhere for some players. I've seen some pretty good rides on the hill.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

yraciv

PORKULATOR

Let me just say, "Auck Fuburn"

I thank you
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.