Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rain Armageddon 2017

Started by Porked Tongue, April 27, 2017, 03:09:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Porked Tongue

Talk of 10 more inches of rain in NWA after some major issues already this week.

Homeless guy floated away on his air mattress while he slept.  No really, it's true.

Spring game in question for sure and some other activities already cancelled.

Good luck!

hobhog

Have plans to go up tomorrow. Watching weather closely and probably going to cancel.

Boardon Hamsay

Think I saw a cow in a kayak on I49 earlier.  He passed me doing at least 70.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Jackrabbit Hog

My wife just called from Fayetteville; said much of College Street is under water. 

That's my wife; driving on submerged streets talking on her cell phone during severe thunderstorms ... just so she and our daughter can go shopping.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:53:38 pm
My wife just called from Fayetteville; said much of College Street is under water. 

That's my wife; driving on submerged streets talking on her cell phone during severe thunderstorms ... just so she and our daughter can go shopping.

Cha ching....

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: Porked Tongue on April 27, 2017, 03:09:00 pm

Homeless guy floated away on his air mattress while he slept.  No really, it's true
Dang, I sure hope pig in the pokey is ok.
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

thebignasty

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

1highhog

Keep it all wherever y'all are.  I'm here in Grant County and the sun is shining.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 29, 2017, 02:07:46 pm
Cha ching....

Oh great.  New rain boots.  To go with the other 8 pair in her closet.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 03:38:24 pm
Oh great.  New rain boots.  To go with the other 8 pair in her closet.

One for every day of the week.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ChromDome35

I live in West Fayetteville, we've had 7 1/4" in the last 24 hours and it's still raining like god wants to drown Noah.

There are houses getting flooded that no one would have ever thought were in a flood zone.  The drain system just can't keep up.

Torqued pork

Reminds me of a spring night I spent in Hot Springs in 1990 watching Lincolns and Buicks getting pushed by the current on Central Avenue like canoes.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 29, 2017, 01:53:38 pm

she was going to take her baby girl shopping come hell or highwater
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

factchecker

Quote from: Torqued pork on April 30, 2017, 12:50:26 am
Reminds me of a spring night I spent in Hot Springs in 1990 watching Lincolns and Buicks getting pushed by the current on Central Avenue like canoes.

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DeltaBoy

What a mess prayers sent that all who got wet had flood insurance.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Torqued pork on April 30, 2017, 12:50:26 am
Hilarious!

I was there too, and I didn't even live in Hot Springs. Just happened to be in town that weekend visiting a friend.

There was a guy canoeing down Central Avenue, I do remember that.

HognitiveDissonance

I remember it being at a concert that Saturday night in the Convention Center in downtown HS.
Before the concert was over, someone came out and made an announcement like 'uh...you guys might want to consider getting out of here.'
I made it out ok, but later we drove back towards downtown and that's when I saw the guy canoeing down Central Ave.

TheRazorback500

Now the baseball game's in rain delay. Geez.
Do you wanna get Rocked?