Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adrio Bailey

Started by ShadowHawg, March 19, 2017, 06:49:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Playing big. Much needed athleticism for this game.

azhog10

cableguy

He should've started. He and Kingsley were the ones that could match up with their bigs. It was so obvious to me.

TushCrush

Nice job filling in by the freshman from Campti, LA. It's a testament to his athletic ability that Mike called on him against the Heels.

Hawg Red

He's one freshman we don't have to worry about transferring. Big minutes in a big game. Did Cook even play?

Knot2brite

Needs to spend the offseason getting stronger, and hitting the short corner shot
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

WorfHog

Heck of a game, this young man has a bright future.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 19, 2017, 07:32:46 pm
He's one freshman we don't have to worry about transferring. Big minutes in a big game. Did Cook even play?

First half. MA got pissed ar him because he got lost on d when they got those back to back wide open shots on the block.

HogFaninMemphis

Adrio was great. Another project for Mike who will get better and better.
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

Rawker

He was EVERYTHING!  He was the comeback, AND....AND....HE GOT THAT F****** steal that would have finished the game, and they called a foul!!!!!  That resulted in 2 of the 10-0 run, instead of being a layup off the steal and a 7 point lead.  I am NEVER about blaming the refs for losses, especially when you can easily point to the stagnation in the offense at the end, but WE GOt SCREWED so bad from that foul call on Bailey's steal, followed by the tipped ball, which never went out of bounds anyway before Barford threw it off the NC player, followed by the MOST BLATANT walk in CBB history that resulted in a putback.  SCREEEEEEEWWWWWWWED!!!!!!!

Hatleyville454

Danny J

Agree with Rawker...he was the difference maker on D when he was in the game. He should be our starter at the 4 next year

Breems

Quote from: Hatleyville454 on March 19, 2017, 07:43:43 pm
Bailey > Cook/Thomas

Thomas looks scared to death every time he gets the ball in the post. Curious how he would play without that mental wall.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

HOGINTENNESSEE

If he can learn how to shoot in the offseason. We got something there

hogsanity

Bailey was the hero of that game. Little used all year and came in and gave quality minutes against a really good team.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawgdavis

He wasn't scared of a big moment, we need more like him, Maccon, and Barford and even Beard, yea he missed that shot but he had the guts to take it. I think that sometimes gets overlooked in a player.

azhog10

Cook was the first off the bench for Thomas. But he didn't play long.

makiavelli

Adrio is gonna be a baller before he leaves here. Im looking forward to him having a Qualls like leap between freshman and sophomore years.
Wally Hall is an angry lil guy

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

pigsooie1000

Cook was a total disaster, lost his player 3 or 4 times at start of game that led directly to 9 points basically. then we never saw him again, rightfully

Bailey did some great stuff tonight, I'd love to see him develop some rebounding skills and a jumper (and 2 more inches). he's limited in some serious ways but I love his athleticism

The_Bionic_Pig

Dusty was getting eaten alive by the Tarheel guards quickness and became a turnover machine when pressured...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ThisTeetsTaken

Bailey did a decent job taking the charge that wasn't called.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

bigred223

Bailey is the kind of defender we desperately need.

passinghog

Whatever button MA pressed at the 4 minute mark in the first half, Bailey was the catalyst for one of the best stretches of pressure defense by our team in 20 years. He was an animal out there, all over the court wrecking havoc.

WorfHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 19, 2017, 08:43:57 pm
Bailey did a decent job taking the charge that wasn't called.

Joel Berry's a thug shouldn't even see the court after an attack on our guy like that.

ShadowHawg

The_Iceman

Bailey just looks like the type of PF we need compared to Thomas and Cook. He just moves differently. Quick, explosive, and plays with great effort. Add a mid range jumper to his game, and he will be the starter at PF next year for sure.

Hootiethehog

I just saw the box score and Bailey had 3 steals (should have been 4 giving way to a 7 point lead, but I digress). I canot wait to see what the future has in store for this young man. He's impressed me in almost every game I've seen him in (there was one game, I forget which, where he came in early and looked a bit losf, but everyone has an off say).

If he develops a dependable mid-range jumper, there is no limit on what he can contribute to this team.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

arsuperhog

We went on that big run in the first half when he came in. The offense flowed better with him in. And his defense gave NC problems.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Rawker on March 19, 2017, 07:39:45 pm
He was EVERYTHING!  He was the comeback, AND....AND....HE GOT THAT F****** steal that would have finished the game, and they called a foul!!!!!  That resulted in 2 of the 10-0 run, instead of being a layup off the steal and a 7 point lead.  I am NEVER about blaming the refs for losses, especially when you can easily point to the stagnation in the offense at the end, but WE GOt SCREWED so bad from that foul call on Bailey's steal,
To me this was the real turning point to the game that not many are talking about. We had them on the ropes, they knew it and the refs knew it that's why the call was made. Not to mention Berry selling it by falling after he knew his cookies had gotten taken. SMH... >:(
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Hawg Red

Honestly, I'd rather have Bailey out there than Thomas or Cook at this point. Cook, like Bailey, does not provide much offense but Bailey is a much more present defensive force. Bailey is the best defender of the three and the most athletic by a wide margin. Thomas can occasionally provide some offense, but I think he's best suited to a reserve role behind Bailey next season. Put Bailey out there and let him learn.

jm

He played really well, but he cannot shoot and he can't handle the ball. He is a liability on half court offense.

thebignasty

Quote from: WorfHog on March 19, 2017, 09:12:46 pm
Joel Berry's a thug shouldn't even see the court after an attack on our guy like that.

LOL wut.

It was just a charge. He was out of control. Happens a lot in basketball. Doesn't make the kid a thug who shouldnt be allowed to play.  That's crazy.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Hog Fan...DOH!

Thomas had a great post move to give us the lead in the 2nd half.  Without him, we don't beat Seton Hall.  Beard sucked against SH, but was solid against UNC.  It's college basketball. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: jm on March 20, 2017, 09:48:27 am
He played really well, but he cannot shoot and he can't handle the ball. He is a liability on half court offense.

But he can finish at the rim. And his jump shot is not worse than Cooks. And his defense is better than Cook or Thomas.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: thebignasty on March 20, 2017, 09:51:49 am
LOL wut.

It was just a charge. He was out of control. Happens a lot in basketball. Doesn't make the kid a thug who shouldnt be allowed to play.  That's crazy.

Sarcasm

Jim Harris

He entered the game for a few brief bad minutes.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 20, 2017, 09:53:00 am
But he can finish at the rim. And his jump shot is not worse than Cooks. And his defense is better than Cook or Thomas.

What it comes down to is this -- does the inconsistent and limited offensive output from Thomas justify him playing over Bailey? I'm not sure it does. Bailey is already a better defensive presence, already a much better athlete, he's more physical, and he can probably equal or exceed Thomas' point output just off activity and athleticism around the rim. Thomas has been a weak finisher too many times around the rim. Cook has nothing to offer in the discussion right now.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 19, 2017, 09:25:07 pm
Bailey just looks like the type of PF we need compared to Thomas and Cook. He just moves differently. Quick, explosive, and plays with great effort. Add a mid range jumper to his game, and he will be the starter at PF next year for sure.
Good touch around the basket.  We miss so many layups it frustrates the heck out of me.  Add that mid-range jumper to your arsenal, Adrio.  Please!

East TN HAWG

Bailey could definitely be the answer at 4 next year.  I just hope that he put the time in on his mid range game 10-15 foot, and free throws. 

micali

I'm excited to see how Bailey and Gafford work together.

RaisinHog

Lol Bailey will be a nice player no doubt but hell Thomas gave us good minutes in both tourny games .. I like Thomas size and body type better .. they should both help a bunch next year if either or both can find some consistency

Youngsta71701

Quote from: thebignasty on March 20, 2017, 09:51:49 am
LOL wut.

I'm almost certain he was being sarcastic. Dicky V style...lol

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 20, 2017, 09:53:00 am
I think his jump shot will be pretty good once he shoots it more in a real game time situation. Looks pretty good to me just needs to shoot about 500 of them day to get it more consistent. The potential is clearly there though. His true position seems to be a 3 to me.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: micali on March 20, 2017, 11:27:32 am
I'm excited to see how Bailey and Gafford work together.
Wow! That's some scary athleticism right there.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 20, 2017, 11:52:38 am
Lol Bailey will be a nice player no doubt but hell Thomas gave us good minutes in both tourny games .. I like Thomas size and body type better .. they should both help a bunch next year if either or both can find some consistency
If we can get Thomas to trust himself and his athletic ability a little more around basket and get him to attack the basket with authority instead of being timid he could be one hell of a player. But until then you get what you see. Seems like he has a bit of a confidence issue at times like he's hesitant to miss a shot or make a mistake. Cook plays the same way. Meanwhile Bailey attacks the basket like he doesn't like it when he's in the game. If Thomas and Cook had Bailey's mentality they would be hard to deal with.

bigred223

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 20, 2017, 11:52:38 am

Thomas has nowhere near baileys athleticism. That matters a lot in this system. The defense bailey played was better than anything dt did all year.

cableguy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 20, 2017, 02:30:11 pm
I think his jump shot will be pretty good once he shoots it more in a real game time situation. Looks pretty good to me just needs to shoot about 500 of them day to get it more consistent. The potential is clearly there though. His true position seems to be a 3 to me.
Bailey form isn't bad at all, I think there's a good chance of him developing a jump shot. If Kingsley could develop one, I like his chances. It may be year three before it's consistent. Gafford and Bailey together will be imposing. I can't wait.

BBHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on March 20, 2017, 02:30:11 pm

Agreed. Seems much more of a Qualls-type player to me than a 4.  I don't think a 6'6" 200 lb athlete is going to cut it defensively at the 4 consistently.  In situations where we need to play small ball or switching on screens to defend the post he should be a capable defender, but if we want to play with the big boys, he's going to need to be a 3.  To be a 6'6" post player in college, you've got to be much wider.

The Hogfather

Anyone have video of the steal he had that they called a foul?  I turned my head for 1 second and they had called the foul.  Everyone around me was acting like they thought it was clean.