Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pro draft

Started by Cinco de Hogo, October 24, 2017, 05:18:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinco de Hogo

Considering the situation in the NFL right now with the protest and boycotts do ya'll think the contracts for new draftees will be lower than in years passed? 

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 24, 2017, 05:18:38 pm
Considering the situation in the NFL right now with the protest and boycotts do ya'll think the contracts for new draftees will be lower than in years passed? 

Depends on how much the league actually made.  I doubt it goes down any. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

bennyl08

Nope. Likely higher than they were last year.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Cinco de Hogo

bennyl08

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 26, 2017, 02:38:14 pm
Reasoning?

There was plenty gnashing of teeth last year about ratings being down, and despite that, total revenue in 2016 grew from 2015 by a full billion dollars.

Despite the traditional ratings drops, plenty of other revenue comes in for the teams that only a fool would expect there to be less revenue for the near future.
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 27, 2017, 01:25:39 am
There was plenty gnashing of teeth last year about ratings being down, and despite that, total revenue in 2016 grew from 2015 by a full billion dollars.

Despite the traditional ratings drops, plenty of other revenue comes in for the teams that only a fool would expect there to be less revenue for the near future.

So your saying liberals are stepping up to the plate for their agenda?  Wonder how long that will continue with less viewership to back it up.   Do liberals even watch football?

bennyl08

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 27, 2017, 01:26:16 pm
So your saying liberals are stepping up to the plate for their agenda?  Wonder how long that will continue with less viewership to back it up.   Do liberals even watch football?

Liberals are major watchers or NFL.

This may surprise you but plenty of liberals are avid hunters and fishers. Liberals are gun owners. They enjoy NASCAR.

Nobody is stepping up to the plate for any agenda as it comes to the NFL. People enjoy watching it. This has been a really exciting season, moreso than many in the recent past. Traditional viewership is down, but people watching games online is increasing. Sponsorship of the NFL has increased. People are still going to the stadiums, buying beers, buying jerseys, buying caps, etc...

NFL is a lot bigger than the people who don't want to hear about subjects that trigger them. Of course, they pretend they are are boycotting because they feel that military and such are being disrespected despite it being the military's idea to kneel instead of sit during the anthem in the first place. Reminds me of the white over PC crowd complaining about the FSU seminoles and then it coming out that the Seminole's actually have an agreement with FSU and fully sanction and approve of the use.

I guess the old adage of you are who you despise is pretty accurate in this case.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: bennyl08 on October 27, 2017, 02:37:25 pm
Liberals are major watchers or NFL.

This may surprise you but plenty of liberals are avid hunters and fishers. Liberals are gun owners. They enjoy NASCAR.

Nobody is stepping up to the plate for any agenda as it comes to the NFL. People enjoy watching it. This has been a really exciting season, moreso than many in the recent past. Traditional viewership is down, but people watching games online is increasing. Sponsorship of the NFL has increased. People are still going to the stadiums, buying beers, buying jerseys, buying caps, etc...

NFL is a lot bigger than the people who don't want to hear about subjects that trigger them. Of course, they pretend they are are boycotting because they feel that military and such are being disrespected despite it being the military's idea to kneel instead of sit during the anthem in the first place. Reminds me of the white over PC crowd complaining about the FSU seminoles and then it coming out that the Seminole's actually have an agreement with FSU and fully sanction and approve of the use.

I guess the old adage of you are who you despise is pretty accurate in this case.

I guess not, but there are a lot of weak minded people in this country, on that I agree with you.