Kentucky, Tennessee, & Auburn Recruiting

Started by dwcherr, June 14, 2013, 11:19:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Auburn Tigers | AL.com
@aldotcomTigers
·
13h
4-⭐️ DL Wilky Denaud (@wilkydenaud30) has committed to Auburn over Florida State and Tennessee.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Safety out of Alabama decommits from Tennessee

Seems he visited Auburn today

QuoteSafety and former Tennessee commit Sylvester Smith announced Saturday night that he would be de-committing from Tennessee.

Smith, Tennessee's top safety commit in the 2023 cycle, was one of 6 defensive backs Josh Heupel and company had committed in an impressive class. Now, it seems the Vols will be back in the market for another top end defensive back.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on December 17, 2022, 10:25:37 pmSafety out of Alabama decommits from Tennessee

Seems he visited Auburn today

Sly Smith, 2023 DB out of Alabama, flips commitment from Tennessee to Auburn

QuoteSylvester Smith announced on Saturday that he would be decommitting from Tennessee.

On Sunday morning, Smith announces that he will now be committing to Auburn. The Munford, Alabama, native captioned the tweet "I'm home."

Freeze works in mysterious ways.

jbcarol

Auburn flips 2 SEC commits in the same day, adds 3-star DL

Merry Flipmas indeed

QuoteAuburn's tidal wave of commitments continued on Sunday, adding three more players and two that were previously tied to Southeastern Conference programs. The latest was Stephen Johnson, a defensive lineman formerly committed...

The addition of Johnson, a 6-foot-4, 320-pounder from Fayetteville, brings five flips to Plains in the last week as Hugh Freeze has wasted no time in making his mark...

"Shoot, really, Imma keep it close to home. I'll be taking my talents to Auburn University. War Eagle."

--Johnson

Johnson is the fourth defensive lineman joining Opelika's Brenton Williams, John (Fla.) Carroll's Wilky Denaud and Carver (Ga.) High's Darron Reed. Earlier on Sunday, the Tigers nabbed Munford safety Sylvester Smith away from Tennessee and FIU tight end Rivaldo Fairweather from the portal

jbcarol

Ryan Callahan@RyanCallahan247
·
13h
RB commit @KhalifaKeith2 has 'great time' on official visit with #Tennessee #Vols:

Would expect nothing less

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin@Lane_Kiffin
monocled face🧐
·
1h

Justin
@Justin_WDE
·
3h
Replying to @Lane_Kiffin
Didn't deserve this yawning face🥱

jbcarol

jbcarol

Brandon Davis-Swain is one of our top defensive linemen in the Class of 2024

He announced Monday that he has whittled his offer list to just 11, including 3 SEC programs

QuoteTennessee, Auburn and Kentucky make up the B1G (sic) representatives.

Davis-Swain is the No. 169 overall prospect in the Class of 2024.

He's also regarded as the No. 19 defensive lineman in the country and the No. 5 player from the state of Michigan. He was committed to Notre Dame until November of 2022.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Hayes Fawcett@Hayesfawcett3

Four-Star WR TJ Moore has narrowed his list to 1️⃣3️⃣ Schools!

The 6'3 190 WR from Tampa, FL is ranked as a Top 190 Player in the '24 Class

Where Should He Go?👇🏽

https://on3.com/db/terrance-moore-156257

Terrance edged Kentucky out in this prospect trimming and "look at me" engagement with former Graphic Designer yet sports lover Hayes Fawcett

jbcarol

jbcarol

Cadillac continues to deliver for Auburn on the recruiting trail

QuoteAuburn has endured a great deal of change in recent years, with the firing of two head coaches since the end of the 2020 season and staff overhauls along the way. One constant has remained during all the overturn, however — Cadillac.

Auburn legend has now served under three different head coaches — and on five separate staffs if you include Kevin Steele's brief interim stint and Williams' own turn in that role last November —

The latest example came two weeks ago, when Williams helped Auburn secure a commitment from four-star Andalusia standout "Phat" Burnette, the 10th-ranked running back in the 2024 class and No. 8 player in Alabama this cycle. Burnette is the fourth blue-chip running back Williams has landed since he joined Auburn's staff four years ago, joining Tank Bigsby (2020), Damari Alston (2022) and Jeremiah Cobb (2023). The only running back rated below four stars that Williams has brought to Auburn in that span is Jarquez Hunter, a former three-star recruit who has been highly productive in his first two seasons and is set to take on the lead role this fall.

"I think recruiting is about relationships," Williams said. "Me personally, I don't have to sell myself. I don't have to sell Auburn. Auburn has been great for myself, my family, as you all know has done for me. A lot of times, what I like to tell recruits and parents, man, is like, I am a walking testimony of once you buy into Auburn, you come into this environment, what could truly happen. For me, again, it's just by getting to know people and see if it's the right fit."

jbcarol

A-Day: Which recruits attended Auburn's spring game? Is a commitment soon?

QuoteAuburn football appeared to make the most of its rainy scrimmage on Saturday. How did the Tigers fare recruiting-wise?

jbcarol

josephphillips_2
@D1joe22
Where's Home????👀

jbcarol

Malachi Toney
@MALACHITONEY2
BEYOND BLESSED YOUNGIN 🤞🏾

jbcarol

On3 Recruits@On3Recruits
·
🚨NEW🚨 4-star TE Dylan Mesman is down to Auburn, Ole Miss, Michigan State, Kentucky and Louisville

More from @ChadSimmons_: https://on3.com/news/dylan-mesman-announces-top-five-schools-auburn-louisville-kentucky-michigan-state-ole-miss-4-star-te

jbcarol

Tennessee (is scheduled) to receive an official visit from No. 1 linebacker prospect in 2024 class

His name is Sammy Brown

QuoteVols expect to play "elite" defense as long as he's leading the program. To do so, Heupel and his staff will need to stockpile elite talent on the defensive side of the football.

That means winning battles for players like Sammy Brown.

Jefferson (Ga.) High linebacker is ranked as the No. 1 player at his position in the 2024 class. He's a 5-star and the 12th-ranked recruit in (our nation).

There's still plenty of work to be done for Tennessee, but securing an official's a major win for Heupel and Co.

jbcarol

On3@On3sports
·
1h
Auburn insider @JLeeAULive has logged a prediction for the Tigers to land transfer WR Montana Lemonious-Craig🦅

He went viral after entering the portal following his 154 yards and 2 touchdown Colorado spring game performance
👀

jbcarol

Cutter Boley, elite QB out of Kentucky for 2025, drops top 10 list
Paul Harvey | 1 MINUTE AGO

Quote6-foot-5 and 203 pounds out of Lexington Christian Academy, Boley's n the 2025 recruiting class. Boley's the No. 6 QB nationally, the No. 1 player in Kentucky and the 72nd overall prospect in the nation.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on May 12, 2023, 05:07:47 pmCutter Boley, elite QB out of Kentucky for 2025, drops top 10 list
Paul Harvey | 1 MINUTE AGO

Cutter Boley@cutterBoley
·

I will be announcing my college decision on Thursday, May 18th at 11am at Lexington Christian Academy! @ChadSimmons_ @SWiltfong247 @mfarrellsports @RivalsWoody @TomLuginbill @Oakley_Watkins @CoachDCharles
7:06 PM · May 14, 2023

jbcarol

Lane Kiffin Retweeted
·

BREAKING: Elite 2025 QB Deuce Knight is down to 🔟 Schools!

The 6'4 190 QB from Lucedale, MS is ranked as a Top 30 Player in the '25 Class (No. 4 QB)

Where Should He Go?👇🏽

https://on3.com//news/elite-2025-qb-deuce-knight-names-top-10

jbcarol

BREAKING: Four-Star ATH Daniel Hill is down to 8️⃣ Schools!

The 6'1 233 ATH from Meridian, MS is ranked as the No. 6 ATH in the '24 Class

Where Should He Go?👇🏽

https://on3.com//news/four-star-ath-daniel-hill-names-top-8

jbcarol

Steezo@SteezoDsgn
·

CO/24 5 ⭐️ WR Cam Coleman ( @CamColeman12 ) is down to 8️⃣ schools!!

Cam Coleman is one of the Biggest Targets in the CO/24. He's a Top 5 WR on every major recruiting site and Top 25 Recruit on each site as well.

Which Fanbase can show the most love?! ⬇️

jbcarol

jbcarol

Ethan Utley@EthanUtley1
·

RECRUITMENT STILL 110% OPEN ‼️

jbcarol

GoVols247 Podcast: Four-star Ohio lineman picks Tennessee

Ben McKee and Ryan Callahan discuss the newest addition to Tennessee's 2024 recruiting class — four-star offensive lineman William Satterwhite from Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron Ohio

Moved into Kentucky's recruiting footprint

Quote6-foot-3, 300-pound Satterwhite is the nation's No. 191 overall prospect and no. 11 interior offensive lineman.

He had more than 30 offers but ultimately chose the Vols over Clemson, and he had several other major offers, including one from nearby Clemson (sic).

jbcarol

Texas, Auburn, Tennessee highlight key recruiting visits to watch this weekend

by:Keegan Pope

QuoteFive-Star Plus+ safety KJ Bolden – Auburn
When KJ Bolden committed to Florida State back in early August, Auburn and Georgia were the runners-up with the Tigers holding a lot of sway

On3 5-star DL LJ McCray – Auburn
Other than his Florida State official visit next weekend, this will likely be the last trip for five-star defensive lineman

5-star OT Jordan Seaton – Tennessee
The nation's No. 1 offensive tackle in the On300 rankings, Jordan Seaton was set for an official visit to Oklahoma this weekend. Earlier this week though, he canceled that trip with no plans yet to reschedule

4-star CB Kam Mikell – Tennessee
Along with Seaton, four-star Statesboro (Ga.) cornerback Kam Mikell is among the biggest targets left on Tennessee's board. The Vols were the first school to approach the dynamic playmaker about playing wide receiver at the next level, and he's excited about the prospect

4-star WR Nick Marsh – Colorado

jbcarol

Kentucky commit will reportedly officially visit Tennessee this weekend

By Nick Roush

QuoteA talented instate prospect has seen his star surge in the final weeks of the 2024 recruiting cycle. One SEC school has made a big enough move this month to convince Willie Rodriguez to take an official visit.

According to Austin Price of On3's Volquest, the Kentucky tight end commit will be in Knoxville for an official visit to Tennessee this weekend. He will not be the only visitor connected to Vince Marrow either. Former Wildcat Jordan Dingle is also expected to tour Tennessee's campus.

Rodriguez is a three-star prospect and the No. 5 prospect in the state of Kentucky, according to the On3 Industry Ranking. The Wildcats currently have verbal commitments from the top five players in the Commonwealth's 2024 class.

jbcarol

Georgia transfer DB A.J. Harris commits to Penn State

by:
Wade Peery

QuoteNittany Lions have officially landed one of the biggest defensive back prospects in the NCAA Transfer Portal.

On Thursday, Georgia transfer defensive back A.J. Harris officially committed to the Penn State Nittany Lions, according to Blue White Illustrated. He recently entered the portal after spending just one season with the Bulldogs. He's currently the top ranked cornerback.

Harris also strongly considered transferring to Kentucky and Auburn, before finally settling on the Nittany Lions.

jbcarol

Tennessee's trending for 2025 5-star QB George MacIntyre

by:
Keegan Pope

Has Mac heard of Nico :hmmm:

QuoteLast week, five-star 2025 quarterback George MacIntyre told On3's Chad Simmons that despite being focused largely on three schools, two had really stood out to him.

Among those top three were LSU, Alabama and Tennessee. And the suspected top two were the Crimson Tide and Volunteers, who have both made him their No. 1 priority in the junior class. Coming into Wednesday, Alabama was trending in the Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM). But after Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban's retirement news broke, the winds have changed.

Tennessee now holds a commanding lead to secure MacIntyre, the No. 1 player in the state of Tennessee out of Nashville Brentwood Academy.

Following picks from On3's Josh Newberg, as well as others with knowledge of the times, the RPM gives the Vols an 84.5 percent chance of landing their second five-star quarterback in three years.

"I am praying about it, talking it over with my family and trying to figure out a timetable for my commitment right now," MacIntyre told Simmons a week ago.

jbcarol

Auburn trending 4 Carde Smith

by:
Keegan Pope

QuoteMobile (Ala.) Williamson offensive tackle Carde Smith is one of the Yellowhammer State's most wanted targets in 2025.

Programs across the Southeast are in pursuit, with Auburn Tigers in that mix. Smith visited The Plains again this weekend, and coming out of that trip, it's Auburn trending (at the top)

AuburnLive.com recruiting insider Jeffrey Lee logged an expert prediction in the Tigers' favor.

That pick follows one from AuburnLive's Cole Pinkston earlier this month.

"According to our latest intel, 4-star offensive tackle Carde Smith from Mobile (Ala.) Williamson has jumped up the Tigers' offensive line board as of late," Pinkston wrote

... Smith told Auburn Live his top two were Auburn and Tennessee back in November. We don't think much has changed, at least for where Auburn stands."

jbcarol

4-star RB Marquise Davis announces top 10 schools

by: Chad Simmons

QuoteCleveland (Ohio) Cleveland Heights four-star running back Marquise Davis holds offers from more than 30 schools. He is ready to focus on 10 of them going forward.

Davis' finalists are Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, USC and West Virginia. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound tailback has visited each of these programs except for Missouri, Texas A&M and USC.

"The 10 that I named, these schools I could actually see myself playing at," Davis told On3.

Davis has already locked in official visits to three of his finalists

The Gators and Wolverines, as well as Kentucky and Tennessee, are going to receive return visits from Davis, who has set or is planning to schedule official visits with each program. Davis will be at Michigan from June 7-9, Kentucky from June 14-16 and Tennessee from June 21-23. The No. 5 player in Ohio also expects to lock in an official visit with Florida.

jbcarol

Hayes Fawcett

@Hayesfawcett3
BREAKING: Former Oregon State RB Damien Martinez has locked in 5️⃣ Visits, he tells
@on3sports

Arizona: April 17-18
Mississippi State: April 19-20
Tennessee: April 21-22
Kentucky: April 23-24
Miami: April 25-27

He is the Top Available Player in the Portal (per On3) 👀

https://on3.com/db/damien-martinez-28578

jbcarol

NEWS: Four-Star Safety Eric Winters is down to 5️⃣ Schools, he tells me for
@on3recruits

The 6'2 200 S from Enterprise, AL is ranked as a Top 80 Recruit in the '25 Class (per On3 Industry)

Where Should He Go?👇🏽

https://on3.com/db/eric-winters-155036