Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abusive language on the field

Started by zxbeer, February 28, 2014, 03:43:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SamBuckhart

Drones over the stadium and microphones/cameras  mounted on all facemasks so every whisper and mumble under breath can be recorded. Electrodes could be attached inside the helmet to catch every bad thought too. Could be made available to the general public so rappers could wear it inside a hoodie.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: immahog link=topic=563368.msg8855560#msg8855560 data3678768
rodger is killing killed a game I love

FIFY.
A good portion of HIS rules have put skirts on QBs, overly aided offenses, and thoroughly hamstrung defenses.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 01, 2014, 07:55:21 am
Someone says "white guys should use it too?"  There's no cosmic rule that says white guys can't use that word, too.  But players police themselves, they always have.  That's the point most of us are trying to make.  The commish needs to stay out of it, and quit trying to regulate something that is already regulated by the people for whom that word is intended to offend.  If for no other reason...he's white for Pete's sake.  Stay out of it.

Amen.
Go Hogs Go!

toshortrock

man up,this not a cheerleading sport,,,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Hogarusa

Most of you are over reacting to what is a common sense penalty and rule.  In no way is Goodell ruining the NFL.  It's stronger and more popular then every other sport alive in America. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: lowberh on March 01, 2014, 09:40:45 am
Most of you are over reacting to what is a common sense penalty and rule.  In no way is Goodell ruining the NFL.  It's stronger and more popular then every other sport alive in America. 

Most of you have no idea what is spoken on the field of play or by whom. This isn't anything that needs to be legislated or monitored. It is simply a PR play for public consumption and PC.
Go Hogs Go!

WilsonHog

Read the thread, and now I'm trying to figure out why I should care either way.

I don't think I do. Can't see how it will impact me at all.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 01, 2014, 09:57:41 am

Exactly, it is BS and PC in the purest of forms.
Go Hogs Go!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: lowberh on March 01, 2014, 09:40:45 am

My God the logic fallacies that abound.  Just cause Roger "Preen for the Cameras" Goodell has a popular product doesn't mean that the product is better, or more consistent, or more fair.  It just means that a young generation of men and women that grew up with football are replacing the older generation that didn't grow up with it on TV and have less of an appetite for it.
OR......It's become a way to meet guys better
OR......It's an awesome way to have an excuse for a party and BBQ.
OR......Fill in the blanks.

What's right isn't always popular. What's popular isn't always right.

Howard Cosell

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/howardcose289176.html#6zFqL8S6FKLouiLS.99
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

LZH

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 01, 2014, 09:57:41 am

.....said the Jews before Hitler took over in the early '30's.                             ;)

hardtimes79

Quote from: DukeOfPork on February 28, 2014, 09:22:10 pm
Yeah, he is ruining it so bad that the NFL is absolutely crushing all forms of programming in television ratings, breaking records every single year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/06/as-usual-nfl-playoffs-draw-huge-tv-ratings/
You realize that tv ratings are up but attendance is down.  Tv ratings are up because of the improvements of telecasts and the crazy amount it costs to attend a game.
The easiest way to save face is to keep the lower half shut.

DukeOfPork

LSUFan

PB&Js at halftime would probably stop all this nonsense.
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 01, 2014, 05:36:54 am
I don't think I said anything about "the sissification of football". I did say that I didn't feel like we needed a third party to step in and regulate anything. Let the coaching staff handle these things. And later in the thread I pointed out that the only players that I ever heard utter what could be considered a racial epithet in a HS or College game, practice or in a locker room, particularly the use of the "N" word, were black players speaking to other black players. That is common.

So on one hand you are right, this is making a great deal about something that is bascially nothing, but not in the way you meant it. On the other hand, because it is just another move by the PC Police wanting to regulate yet another aspect of life that has existed for decades, if not a century or two, they need to find something more important to utiilize as their latest quest to protect us all from ourselves. There are much bigger fish to fry.

Doesn't matter who is saying it.  The NFL has determined that they don't want to be associated with - or seen as tolerating - certain words being used.  The way to go about that is not by telling coaches to police their own.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: oldhog63 on March 01, 2014, 06:44:20 am
A bunch of PC cry babies.  :puke:

This sort of stuff will eventually ruin the game. Football is a violent, aggressive game. If aggressive behavior bothers you, go watch ice dancing or something!

Again, we are talking about racial epithets.  Just in case you think we're talking about the F word or something like that.

Yes, you can still cuss a dude out.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 01, 2014, 07:55:21 am
Someone says "white guys should use it too?"  There's no cosmic rule that says white guys can't use that word, too.  But players police themselves, they always have.  That's the point most of us are trying to make.  The commish needs to stay out of it, and quit trying to regulate something that is already regulated by the people for whom that word is intended to offend.  If for no other reason...he's white for Pete's sake.  Stay out of it.

I honestly cannot imagine a legitimate argument against the NFL saying "use the N word on your own time; we will not have you being caught on mic saying it on a nationally televised game.

This should be a non-issue.  I have no clue why you guys think removing racial epithets is "killing the NFL we know and love."