Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bama Game Day Predictions

Started by Razorod, February 24, 2018, 06:25:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

Well, this one is interesting--will Sexton play or won't he?

I've got the Hogs surprising a slightly distracted Bama team:

Hogs 65
Bama 63
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

WBOBO

Hogs remind Bama that they are still a football university.  Hogs 75-69.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Mr. Porkleone

February 24, 2018, 07:08:34 am #2 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:22:17 pm by Mr. Porkleone

revolution

I'm hoping it's an ugly, low-scoring game and the Hogs sneak out of Tuscaloosa with a win, 65-62.  That would be a thing of beauty!

Big Porker

widespreadsooie

Assuming Sexton plays, I don't like our chances. Bama is a very good home team, and well, we aren't the best on the road as everyone knows. Bama by 9.

Uberanubis

Quote from: East TN HAWG on January 31, 2015, 11:37:05 am
I think it's a common event whether it is in AR or around the world where a group of Hog fans get together.  I've seen it in TN, TX, LA and in Germany.  Being a Razorback is like being in a brotherhood.  When the brotherhood meet, they call the Hogs.

Letsroll1200

This is one team I couldn't see the Hogs beating. They're on a two game losing streak and return home and has a professional point guard. I hope I'm wrong.

Bama 88 Arkansas 71

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

jst01

Hard to score on them. Bama 75 - 62.

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

onebadrubi

If mike starts beard, barford, and macon together bama rolls.  If he does NOT play these three players together we have a much better chance. 

upperdeck_hawg

Quick penetrating point guards are our kryptonite. Bama 80-76
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

Dominicanhog

February 24, 2018, 09:58:42 am #13 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:52:49 am by Dominicanhog
Quote from: Breems on February 24, 2018, 09:28:27 am
Bama 79-62.

I think you'll see our best road effort of the year... not sure it'll be enough... but it won't be 17...

edit: looking thru the thread, 17 pts is the number of choice...ugh, I hope not..

hobhog

The excuses continue. Bama rolls.

raz1965

I think our chances are better than against KY. Should be a close game if the guys bring focus today, which I believe they will, flip a coin an call it.

TeufelHog

Hogs lose by double digits.  I have zero confidence in their consistency.  Once again, we will get outcoached in the end.

BassinHawg

"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Topcat

elksnort

February 24, 2018, 10:36:47 am #19 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 11:45:17 am by elksnort
Win or lose, there is Razorback baseball an hour afterwards.

3kgthog

HogsonHicks

If we try to press/trap Bama today, we lose by 15+.

It's highly unlikely, but if we played some matchup, clogged the lane and forced them to beat us from outside, we have a chance.

Unfortunately, knowing Anderson's preference, I anticipate the former...Bama 85-70.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: HogsonHicks on February 24, 2018, 10:53:11 am

It's highly unlikely, but if we played some matchup, clogged the lane and forced them to beat us from outside, we have a chance.

Unfortunately, knowing Anderson's preference, I anticipate the former...Bama 85-70.

Nailed it. You can't attack this PG. Over 10 dunks from Bama today. Might be worse than 15.

hawganatic

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on February 24, 2018, 09:55:59 am
Quick penetrating point guards are our kryptonite. Bama 80-76

The opposing basketball teams see to be our kryptonite...

elksnort

Quote from: HogsonHicks on February 24, 2018, 10:53:11 am

Herein lies the problem many of us have with CMA. I don't know why others don't understand this.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: elksnort on February 24, 2018, 10:36:47 am
Win or lose, their is Razorback baseball an hour afterwards.

Cuz that went so well yesterday.

26.2Hog

Quote from: WBOBO on February 24, 2018, 06:29:36 am
Hogs remind Bama that they are still a football university.  Hogs 75-69.

I hope so, but I think Bama reminds Hogs that they are still a baseball and track university.  Bama 78-71

elksnort

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 11:26:01 am
Cuz that went so well yesterday.
Yes. That loss will ruin their season.

golfinpig

If Macon and Barford shoot lights out we have a chance to win. If they don't then Bama wins easily.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: elksnort on February 24, 2018, 11:44:46 am
Yes. That loss will ruin their season.

Yeah that's totally what I said. Good God.
Diamond hogs lose to Cal Poly. Hoop hogs lose to coach Cal. Solid week so far.

elksnort

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 11:52:53 am
Yeah that's totally what I said. Good God.
Diamond hogs lose to Cal Poly. Hoop hogs lose to coach Cal. Solid week so far.
Okay
My point is Razorback baseball is more redeeming than the basketball program. They damn sure are better coached.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 24, 2018, 08:56:05 am
This is one team I couldn't see the Hogs beating. They're on a two game losing streak and return home and has a professional point guard. I hope I'm wrong.

Bama 88 Arkansas 71

This.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: elksnort on February 24, 2018, 12:10:51 pm
Okay
My point is Razorback baseball is more redeeming than the basketball program. They damn sure are better coached.

Do you think college baseball is more corrupt than college basketball?

The_Iceman

hogsanity

hogs put it together on the road and win by 15.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

pigture perfect

We know how to win the tight ones. We also know how to lose big. I think we lose.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

BroyledNutts

Hogs don't rebound, bench doesn't score - Bama wins ...

Dudeman

Sexton has an off game. Partly because of the fbi investigation which gets in his head. Partly because of Arkansas' gameplan to defend him.   
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

Dudeman

Sexton has an off game. Partly because of the fbi investigation which gets in his head. Partly because of Arkansas' gameplan to defend him. I can't take off my hog red glasses. Arkansas 85 Bama 79. Yeah I'm a homer. I can't help it. 
Abstinence is the sincerest form of frustration.

You can't have half holes or partial holes because all holes are whole holes.

elksnort

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 24, 2018, 12:59:54 pm
Do you think college baseball is more corrupt than college basketball?
Doubt it.

Tejano Jawg

I'm going to predict a W, 72-66, and that may be the only positive thing I'll say on here today.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Hog Pharm

Hard to see a W.  Our best road performance was against Georgia and that took 2OT.  Bama is much better than UGA and a worse matchup.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Sho Nuff

Bama 79
Ark   62

We have seen this show before, we all know how it ends.

BDSCT51

Character and soul. Does this team have it? Did the staff do their job to bring it out in practice this week? The Jekyll or road Hyde Hogs show up?

Hogs by 2   78-76.
Bleeding Razorback Red

ceegar

Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Gonzo

Until the Hogs start showing some consistent solid road efforts it's hard to predict a win, but that's of course what I'd like to see happen, would be a really nice boost down the stretch into tourney season.

What I will predict - if the Hogs win, the local MA fan club president will appear almost instantaneously, along with his alts - if the Hogs lose, no sighting for days, though the alts will still be here taking up for the club prez.

I think that's a pretty safe call, wonder what Vegas odds I could get for it.

Oh heck, Hogs 77 - 72!

Go Hogs!

alohawg

If recent history is a guide. Probably start like 24-9, then 42-24 @ half. Hogs fight back to cut to 6-8 pt. lead only to fizzle at the end.
Bama 79-64
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

FreeParkingonDickson

Bama wins a close one, 82-78.

And Sexton's mom enjoys driving around in her brand-new Lexus.

swineology