Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great moments in Arkansas-Auburn history

Started by Mo_Better_Hogs, October 19, 2017, 01:01:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo_Better_Hogs

Thought we needed something positive. Like remembering this defensive effort.

DeltaBoy

[/youtube]

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jst01

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Tejano Jawg

Ahhhh, the Jerico Nelson War Eagle decapitation play. That WAS a great one.

ExTrumpet's video above, not so much.  :)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

elksnort

Auburn's last few seconds missed field goal in 1995 at WMS was a really good moment.

The hogs forged a big lead in the first half and held on to win.

Tusks

you know what's best about these videos ?

#WINNING
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

DeltaBoy

Matt jONES  COMING OUT PARTY

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Sed76

Quote from: elksnort on October 19, 2017, 01:28:38 pm
Auburn's last few seconds missed field goal in 1995 at WMS was a really good moment.

The hogs forged a big lead in the first half and held on to win.

What I'll always remember most from this game was right before kickoff when Auburn won the toss there was a drunk guy screaming "He's gonna fumble" over and over. Sure enough the Auburn guy fumbles and we recover. After a few high fives the guy pukes in the aisle and passes out missing the rest of the game. That was back when War Memorial was a great experience and not a morgue like has become.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Letsroll1200

October 19, 2017, 03:43:04 pm #10 Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 11:07:20 am by Letsroll1200
Houston Dale Nutt! Recruited his butt off. Good memories

Hog-Corleone

This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 19, 2017, 01:35:46 pm

That was a fun game.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

sowmonella

Looking back at these it is really obvious we had some grown men playing defense.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Mo_Better_Hogs

Great contributions, guys. Wouldn't it be great if we could add to these sometime soon?

Stewhog 11

If the Jerico Nelson hit happened today, would it be targeting?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on October 20, 2017, 11:41:46 am

Most hits from yesteryear would be targeting today.  There would be no defensive players in the HOF.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The OTR

I remember I was in Scotland on a golf trip and missed the beating we took last year against auburn. 

I've got a pretty big announcement about my status regarding razorback football starting today.  Gonna roll that out later.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Stewhog 11 on October 20, 2017, 11:41:46 am

YES Sadly but Yes

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 19, 2017, 01:35:46 pm

I think some people have forgotten how great Matt Jones was as a Hog. 

Man, that whole team had some great players!

DeltaBoy

Mark Pierce never gets enough love.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: sowmonella on October 20, 2017, 10:47:18 am
Looking back at these it is really obvious we had some grown men playing defense.

The old guys—Bua, Petty, Brooks, Hamlin. Pretty strong indeed. In all those clips, I like the way we fly to the ball, and with some fire. And the secondary play.

Delta really brought the wood with these 3 clips. The first one I watched was 2001, featuring freshman Matt Jones. He could take a play 30 yards in the blink of an eye. And if he can go 30, he can go 50 or 70. Amazing. Also, I bet most forgot how great a healthy Cedric Cobbs was—speed, vision and with a cool quick hitch in his step. And, there's Talley too.

All the videos prove you win when you have playmakers who show up big—Felix, DMac, Monk, J Wright, Dennis Johnson, Joe Adams...love that 90+ yard pitch and run. My seats are on the west side, so it looked just like the clip. That play is definitely an all-time top 20 in Razorback Stadium.

Man, these were good reminders of what we could be.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

jst01

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 12:34:31 pm
Mark Pierce never gets enough love.

Didn't something really bad happen to him or he was involved in something very bad?  cant remember the details.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jst01 on October 20, 2017, 04:10:17 pm
Didn't something really bad happen to him or he was involved in something very bad?  cant remember the details.

Sad story for a lot of folks.

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/mark-of-the-beast-downfall-of-an-arkansas-razorback-football-star/

TebowHater

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 19, 2017, 01:11:09 pm

[/youtube]

Just watched all of that 2011 game. Holy cow. We were freaking nasty on both sides of the ball. Wow. Would have been in play off with same team at the current level of competition in SEC.