Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This game will be like the 2014 Georgia game

Started by hawgon, October 18, 2017, 08:04:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgon

where we got smoked in Little Rock.  If there is one thing that Dumplin does not handle well, it is prosperity.  And strangely, after a 41-9 game, things have been pretty positive this week with lots of the homers thinking we have a chance.  Don't buy it.  Bert will disappoint.

jkstock04

That was a little different in that we were favored by 3.5 points at game time. The confidence level of our fans going into that game was high comedy as well. So bad I would count that as one of the top 5 Hog fan base failures of all time.

Almost everyone was certain not only would we win the game but it would be a major blowout win.

I think Auburn smokes us as well. Not a good match up. Two questions...how will we stop their offense? (we won't)  How will we score? (we won't)

I think their defense has Bama type talent, and I can't get out of my head what they did to us last year. What a beat down...I think this could end up almost as bad.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hobhog

Quote from: hawgon on October 18, 2017, 08:04:27 am
where we got smoked in Little Rock.  If there is one thing that Dumplin does not handle well, it is prosperity.  And strangely, after a 41-9 game, things have been pretty positive this week with lots of the homers thinking we have a chance.  Don't buy it.  Bert will disappoint.

Nanny nanny boo boo....

hawgon

Auburn's defensive line is better than Alabama's.  Alabama used our game as a chance to work in some things and they were not playing it straight up to score as many as possible even when the first team was out there.  Auburn is hurting and mad.  A close game with a bad Arkansas team would simply deepen the questions about them and move Malzahn more squarely to the hot seat.  They will be motivated to score 70 on us if they can.

We can't stop the run.  Auburn is a great running team.

The Boar War

And strangely, after a 41-9 game, things have been pretty positive this week with lots of the homers thinking we have a chance. 

People were predicting a beat down of epic proportions last week.  When we only lost by 32 some fans were ok with the result.  Let that sink in.

Razor1997

Quote from: The Boar War on October 18, 2017, 08:28:20 am
People were predicting a beat down of epic proportions last week.  When we only lost by 32 some fans were ok with the result.  Let that sink in.

I wouldn't say I was okay with the result, but I would say that the team exceeded my expectations in only losing by 32.

Vantage 8 dude

I honestly don't understand your "prosperity" reference. It wouldn't exactly call our performance last Saturday, much less our overall record, anything approaching richness. :-X :o

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Stewhog 11

I felt like that Georgia game was a much closer comparison to USC a couple weeks ago.

onebadrubi

Was that the last time we've outscored a power 5 team in the second half? 

DIdn't we give up like 30 points in 1 quarter?  And dang near came back from it...

hoglady

For an Arkansas team - 27 rushing yards in a game is an abysmal failure - doesn't matter who we're playing. Under normal times fans would be upset.
But since the fan base is now conditioned to LOSE (and lose big in most) every SEC game - any pulse this team shows is met with glee.
Someone should do a study on how to brainwash a fan base and use us as the study sample.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: hawgon on October 18, 2017, 08:22:15 am
Auburn's defensive line is better than Alabama's.  Alabama used our game as a chance to work in some things and they were not playing it straight up to score as many as possible even when the first team was out there.  Auburn is hurting and mad.  A close game with a bad Arkansas team would simply deepen the questions about them and move Malzahn more squarely to the hot seat.  They will be motivated to score 70 on us if they can.

We can't stop the run.  Auburn is a great running team.

Agree.  We are not talented enough on either side of the ball to handle Auburn.  And they will be pissed by just about anything they or their coaches can dream up.

I don't know how to guess or forecast scores.  But I think it will be like Bama in one respect.  The final score will for Auburn will be what the HC wants it to be.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Razor1997 on October 18, 2017, 09:40:58 am
I wouldn't say I was okay with the result, but I would say that the team exceeded my expectations in only losing by 32.

Don't think anyone but Saban should be applauded for the "unexpected" margin of victory.  He clearly called in the dogs fairly early in the second half. 

He played players in the fourth quarter that I had never heard of and still moved the ball.  So, just saying, the final score could have been 100 points if that's what Saban wanted.

Pork Ranger

I'm gonna say Auburn 31 - Arkansas 17

Halftime score Auburn 17 - Arkansas 17

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 18, 2017, 10:52:50 am
We won't have 4 turnovers this week.

???

Our offense turned the ball over once to Alabama, and we took the ball away from them twice.

Please explain.

GuvHog

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on October 18, 2017, 03:47:45 pm
Don't think anyone but Saban should be applauded for the "unexpected" margin of victory.  He clearly called in the dogs fairly early in the second half. 

He played players in the fourth quarter that I had never heard of and still moved the ball.  So, just saying, the final score could have been 100 points if that's what Saban wanted.

Saban didn't pull the starters until the 4th quarter last week.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hoglady on October 18, 2017, 03:14:51 pm
For an Arkansas team - 27 rushing yards in a game is an abysmal failure - doesn't matter who we're playing. Under normal times fans would be upset.
But since the fan base is now conditioned to LOSE (and lose big in most) every SEC game - any pulse this team shows is met with glee.
Someone should do a study on how to brainwash a fan base and use us as the study sample.
Huge difference between being brain washed and preconditioned due to experience.

hoglady

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 18, 2017, 04:20:43 pm
Huge difference between being brain washed and preconditioned due to experience.

This is the first time I've ever seen so many fans going into games expecting to lose.
Even when Nutt was here - there was an expectation of winning.
There are no expectations I can see right now.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hogcard1964

There's not one other football program in the country that would feel good coming off a 32 point loss.

code red

Quote from: hoglady on October 18, 2017, 04:25:42 pm
This is the first time I've ever seen so many fans going into games expecting to lose.
Which it's time for change.  Or an empty stadium.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

longpig

Coach Dumplin to you.
Don't be scared, be smart.

texhog22

sickboy

I tried to make a smart aleck response and list how the games would be similar. I listed the dimension of the playing field and such. Then I wanted to post that they'd also be playing by the same rules. At which point, I was going to post the entire College Football Rule Book in the post.

But today I learned that Hogville has a word limit on posts. Which probably makes a lot of sense. You people don't know how close you came to scrolling for the better part of ten minutes through the oblivion of my dad humor.

HardCore

Quote from: GuvHog on October 18, 2017, 03:54:19 pm
Saban didn't pull the starters until the 4th quarter last week.

I guess we played lights out.....I predicted halftime last week
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

HardCore

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 18, 2017, 04:27:01 pm
There's not one other football program in the country that would feel good coming off a 32 point loss.

I don't feel good about that loss to Bama but I don't feel horribly bad about it either because I expected it.

What I do feel pretty good about is the fact that the Hogs, with the #2 QB Cole Kelley starting, threw for over 200 yards against Bama's defense. Bama's opponents rarely are able to do that with their #1 QB playing.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HardCore on October 19, 2017, 08:02:23 am
I guess we played lights out.....I predicted halftime last week
That brings up a GREAT idea. We play them with the lights out the entire game. That way we might even have a legitimate chance.

jgphillips3

We do not stand a snowball's chance in hell of stopping their run game...period.  They have a salty D line that will stop our run game.  End of story.  Expect 45-21 or similar as a final score.  Now, if Cole keeps playing, when we run into predominantly passing offenses without elite D-lines (Ole Miss and
Mizzou) we have a shot.  Auburn, LSU and MSU are going to beat us.  If AA plays against Ole Miss and Mizzou, I figure we go 0-fer, not because he sucks, but because of our line.

Hogwild

Quote from: hawgon on October 18, 2017, 08:22:15 am
Auburn's defensive line is better than Alabama's. 

That might be true, but remember they just lost to LSU who was playing with 4 Freshman on their OLine.

AirWarren

Hoggish1

Quote from: The Boar War on October 18, 2017, 08:28:20 am

No!  Most fans were pleased the team kept playing till the very end.  What game did you watch and why are you reading BS into fans' remarks?

It's a world these days where people see what they want to see.  They get news from friends they want to get and are happy with discord as long as it meets with their agenda.

Again:  Nobody was happy with losing to anyone.  But it was an improvement that the players kept competing.  I guess you see it as a repeat of the USCe game, but realistic fans did not.

Hoggish1

quote author=hoglady link=topic=640826.msg11044754#msg11044754 date=1508361942]
[/quote]

I expect to win.  Now write back and say I'm delusional, which is surely going to be your response... LOL

smb

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 18, 2017, 10:52:50 am
We won't have 4 turnovers this week.
Don't worry Auburn won't need 4 turnovers to score.
GeorgiaHOG

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 19, 2017, 09:20:28 am

I expect to win.  Now write back and say I'm delusional, which is surely going to be your response... LOL
Personally I like and appreciate your optimism. I hope the team has such as well because they're going to need all the positive "mojo" they can get/create. Having said that, I think one of the main reasons so many expect a "beat down" is the fact that fans can only take so much of a team being outplayed by teams they SHOULD beat. Take a look over the past four or five years and you can see games such as Toledo, TTech, Rutgers, TAM (several times), Awbarn (last year), Missouri (last year),VTech in last year's bowl game, USCe a couple of weeks ago.....notice a pattern here ??? Doesn't seem to matter how the players are or which staff you have coaching the players. The patten is repeated over and over. The ONE constant throughout all this is, you guessed it, the HC.

GoHogs1091

It will have some differences.

Mark Richt totally out-coached Bielema.  Malzahn won't totally out-coach Bielema.

Bielema had a decent team in 2014.  The 2017 Razorbacks team is not as good as the 2014 Razorbacks team.

Auburn's 2017 Defensive Line is better than Georgia's 2014 Defensive Line.  Georgia though had high-level SEC Linebackers.

The game with Auburn has the potential of being somewhat close for awhile, and Auburn's depth and talent takes over in the 3rd Quarter.  In 2014, the Razorbacks were really never in the game. 

Al Boarland

Auburn is pretty banged up on D, but everything they do on O is like cryptonite to our defense. We don't have the speed to keep up with them. That being said, Auburn can come out flat giving us an opportunity to keep the game somewhat close.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Razor1997 on October 18, 2017, 09:40:58 am

Not to worry, we will probably get our 40 point smackdown this week. Gus won't let up like Nick did.

EastexHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 18, 2017, 08:12:47 am
Not a good match up.

What would be a good matchup for this team?

I'll answer my own question.  Bielema is good at beating teams without QBs, one dimensional offenses like LSU, Texas in the bowl game, and Ole Miss the year that Bo Wallace kept throwing interceptions before getting knocked out of the game.  I'm not incredibly impressed with Stidham, but I think he has enough ability in the passing game to give our defense trouble.

hoglady

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 19, 2017, 09:20:28 am

I don't recall ever calling anyone on this board delusional - not going to start now.

We all have varying opinions.
I don't think Arkansas will win. I think Auburn will run through our defense and I think Kelley will get more pressure than he's capable of handling.
But that's why you play the game - upsets happen every weekend.

bphi11ips

Quote from: hoglady on October 19, 2017, 10:24:24 pm
I don't recall ever calling anyone on this board delusional - not going to start now.

We all have varying opinions.
I don't think Arkansas will win. I think Auburn will run through our defense and I think Kelley will get more pressure than he's capable of handling.
But that's why you play the game - upsets happen every weekend.

I watched a pretty good kicker last week for North Little Rock.  She can kick somewhere in college.  You have a pretty good attitude for a girl.  I'll take you over most of these whiners any day. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

rmcchris

It will be an epic beat down by the All Bummers

HogPharmer

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on October 18, 2017, 03:52:35 pm
???

Our offense turned the ball over once to Alabama, and we took the ball away from them twice.

Please explain.

In his defense, he didn't say we turned it over 4 times against Bama  ;)
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.